Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 2866
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Poke is four years away, he'd have to be a HoFer to justify picking him in the lottery. I'm not taking Fran's word as gospel though. The Spurs will have their own projections.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they want to draft a potential franchise player, PATFO gonna draft a Euro boy. The only kind of player ready to commit long term in San Antonio are international players (Parker, Gino, Duncan, Pau) and (south) texas born guys (Aldridge). I don't see a texas native in the top prospect of the coming draft. And picking a born-in-america in the top 10 increases the odds to have a remake of Kawhi drama in a few year, these guys dont want to stay in San Antonio long term.

Doncic would have been the perfect fit 3 years ago. Spurs should have try to bring the #2 pick from Sacto in exchange of Kawhi (Sacramento is in California, it would be better than Toronto for him). So sad they didnt even try.
    I actually wanted Doncic in that draft too, but I also had no idea he'd be this good (I thought the Spurs might view him as a potential Manu like player, so I thought they would be very interested in trying to move up to draft him. I wonder if they tried?). I mean, I thought he'd be good, but I thought it would also take 3 - 4 years for him to become a pretty good player in the NBA. I actually didn't think his ceiling would be as high as it has become. I didn't even expect him to be where he's at now, at possibly any point of his career. I wish I was wrong about him.

I also wanted the Spurs to also try and trade Kawhi to Pheonix for their pick to draft Ayton (Ayton was my first choice as I always favour a great big man over a smaller player. I guess since I grew up with David Robinson and TD, it's ingrained in me to draft a big guy over a small guy when starting the building blocks for the future of your franchise. However, if we couldn't get the number 1 pick, Luka was my second choice).

Phoenix probably never would have traded their pick as there was no assurances from Kawhi unless he was traded to either of the LA teams, or another good team he agreed upon. I wonder if Sacramento would have done it if the Spurs tried to work with them? Do you think Kawhi also would have been receptive to going there? Very interesting looking back at it (trying to trade with them to get the pick to take Doncic), as, I think, there is a small chance Kawhi might have been willing to play there a year and see how it goes and then bolt if he didn't like it there. Who did the Kings draft with that pick anyway? I don't remember.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they want to draft a potential franchise player, PATFO gonna draft a Euro boy. The only kind of player ready to commit long term in San Antonio are international players (Parker, Gino, Duncan, Pau) and (south) texas born guys (Aldridge). I don't see a texas native in the top prospect of the coming draft. And picking a born-in-america in the top 10 increases the odds to have a remake of Kawhi drama in a few year, these guys dont want to stay in San Antonio long term.

Doncic would have been the perfect fit 3 years ago. Spurs should have try to bring the #2 pick from Sacto in exchange of Kawhi (Sacramento is in California, it would be better than Toronto for him). So sad they didnt even try.
    Just another reason to draft the Marfan DemiGod. #draftpoku

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This guy has that prototypical "I'm gonna get shat on the future for making horrible draft predictions" face, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Poke is four years away, he'd have to be a HoFer to justify picking him in the lottery. I'm not taking Fran's word as gospel though. The Spurs will have their own projections.
    That "4 years down the road" concept is such bull .

If the guy is trully any good, it will take him half a year, one year at the most, to start showing his thing. Which player in the history of the league has spent 4 years not being any good for the league and then suddenly blossoms? Has it ever happened? These type of formulaic, cliché comments that have no support of real life facts need to die down, tbh.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has that prototypical "I'm gonna get shat on the future for making horrible draft predictions" face, tbh.
    Fran seems like a goofball. However, NBA Draft Junkies had some interesting analysis of Poku. The author of that site actually went to Europe to see him play. Takeaway: he had one or two breathtaking games, but way more often was completely disinterested and got benched. So the challenge is not just developing his body and skills, but his overall motivation and interest in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually wanted Doncic in that draft too, but I also had no idea he'd be this good (I thought the Spurs might view him as a potential Manu like player, so I thought they would be very interested in trying to move up to draft him. I wonder if they tried?). I mean, I thought he'd be good, but I thought it would also take 3 - 4 years for him to become a pretty good player in the NBA. I actually didn't think his ceiling would be as high as it has become. I didn't even expect him to be where he's at now, at possibly any point of his career. I wish I was wrong about him.

I also wanted the Spurs to also try and trade Kawhi to Pheonix for their pick to draft Ayton (Ayton was my first choice as I always favour a great big man over a smaller player. I guess since I grew up with David Robinson and TD, it's ingrained in me to draft a big guy over a small guy when starting the building blocks for the future of your franchise. However, if we couldn't get the number 1 pick, Luka was my second choice).

Phoenix probably never would have traded their pick as there was no assurances from Kawhi unless he was traded to either of the LA teams, or another good team he agreed upon. I wonder if Sacramento would have done it if the Spurs tried to work with them? Do you think Kawhi also would have been receptive to going there? Very interesting looking back at it (trying to trade with them to get the pick to take Doncic), as, I think, there is a small chance Kawhi might have been willing to play there a year and see how it goes and then bolt if he didn't like it there. Who did the Kings draft with that pick anyway? I don't remember.
    Case in point.

If you are good, you are good. And will start to show it pretty early on.

If you aren't good, you aren't good. And it won't take 4 years for any team that drafts you to realize you suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming up on 10 hrs until the draft. The countdown has begun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Case in point.

If you are good, you are good. And will start to show it pretty early on.

If you aren't good, you aren't good. And it won't take 4 years for any team that drafts you to realize you suck.
    The kid is still 18. TD and Robinson spent 4 years in college. Give the kid time to fill out his body for C$%#& sake.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With such an increase in player movement (fans would call it disloyalty) can a small market market franchise prioritize longterm projects if they are more likely to leave? Euros perhaps. That’s an argument for Poku. But Pop isn’t going to be here much longer. The international interest probably leaves as soon as Pop does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid is still 18. TD and Robinson spent 4 years in college. Give the kid time to fill out his body for C$%#& sake.
    And you think they wouldn't have been able to produce at the NBA level had they been selected at age 18? Of course they would have because they were great players. They, obviously, wouldn't have performed at their HoF peak but they wouldn't have spent 4 years in the bench before start playing and helping out a team, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you think they wouldn't have been able to produce at the NBA level had they been selected at age 18? Of course they would have because they were great players. They, obviously, wouldn't have performed at their HoF peak but they wouldn't have spent 4 years in the bench before start playing and helping out a team, tbh.
    Using that logic, they could have produced at 16.

That's just dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Using that logic, they could have produced at 16.

That's just dumb.
    Maybe. Many athletes in the history of the World have become professionals at age 16 or even younger, but it is rare, tbh. 18? Now that's the age most athletes around the globe become professionals. There's a huge difference between ages 16 and 18 so I don't know why you made that point, it's just dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe. Many athletes in the history of the World have become professionals at age 16 or even younger, but it is rare, tbh. 18? Now that's the age most athletes around the globe become professionals. There's a huge difference between ages 16 and 18 so I don't know why you made that point, it's just dumb.
    Big men come into being later than backcourt guys. Saying a big man should already be at 18 what he would eventually become is dumb. The benefit that bigs have is that they play well later in their careers (in their 30's), whereas backcourt guys start to slow down and lose that edge. You can't say that because someone, somewhere was able to play at 18 that then you expect that to be applied to everyone. What??? Parker was a pro at 16, but wtf does that have to do with Poku? Completely different situations, positions and types of players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big men come into being later than backcourt guys. Saying a big man should already be at 18 what he would eventually become is dumb. The benefit that bigs have is that they play well later in their careers (in their 30's), whereas backcourt guys start to slow down and lose that edge. You can't say that because someone, somewhere was able to play at 18 that then you expect that to be applied to everyone. What??? Parker was a pro at 16, but wtf does that have to do with Poku? Completely different situations, positions and types of players.
    I'm not saying "someone, somewhere" was able to become a pro at age 18. I'm saying that most athletes around the globe do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I mean, Poku is literally a pro right now, and has been one for some time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I mean, Poku is literally a pro right now, and has been one for some time.
    "Most athletes" can't play center/pf in the NBA. Dude, I'm not saying he can't carry the le of pro-athlete. I'm saying you won't know what you ultimately may have for another 3 to 4 years. Good or bad, it is what it is. You don't know how thick a roux will become until it comes to a boil. You don't know until you have gotten to the right point in time. 18 is not that time for big men.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I prefer a deal with Boston leaving out the hawks.
    A sign and trade such as
    Resign Hayward 3 yrs @ 29 mil.
    Grant Williams
    #14 , #47

for
    LaMarcus Aldridge, Trey Lyles, #11

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Most athletes" can't play center/pf in the NBA. Dude, I'm not saying he can't carry the le of pro-athlete. I'm saying you won't know what you ultimately may have for another 3 to 4 years. Good or bad, it is what it is. You don't know how thick a roux will become until it comes to a boil. You don't know until you have gotten to the right point in time. 18 is not that time for big men.
    If a guy is good enough for the NBA, he won't take 4 years to show it. Is really that simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a guy is good enough for the NBA, he won't take 4 years to show it. Is really that simple.
    Exactly! Which is why they should start allowing them to draft at age 16.... SMH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly! Which is why they should start allowing them to draft at age 16.... SMH.
    Again with that "16" take. It shows you have nothing else to add, tbh.

Dude, there's a reason folks are allowed to be drafted at 18 and not 16. There's a reason they can go to war at 18 and not 16. There's a reason they are allowed to drink at 18 (well, in common sense countries at least . lol 21) and not 16.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was talking about Doncic. Not Poku.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They passed on Doncic, and took Marvin Bargley instead, that's probably why the FO has been fired.

Doncic was balling on one of the best euroleague team. It was a lock he will become a star in the NBA. I couldnt see the point to take Ayton instead, especially in today's NBA, where bigs are not so releavant.

I dont know if Kawhi was willing to commit in Sacramento. But I guess it was worth trying to convince the Kings FO to believe it, especially cause how dumb was this FO. And who knows, Kawhi doesnt even live in LA today (but I admit San Diego is closer and is on the coast).

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Most centers take 3 years to really show what they've got. There are always a few exceptions, but with C's not many. A lot of guys who look like they may be pretty good turn into beasts, and quite a few turn into fodder. And then you have guys like Dedmon who will never be star C's, but he played good enough to get himself a $40 Million contract. He was dog for the first several years.

I understand what you're saying, but for C's it really does take time to know what you've got. But I don't see Poku ever being a true C no matter how tall he is. People think want him for all his other attributes.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most centers take 3 years to really show what they've got. There are always a few exceptions, but with C's not many. A lot of guys who look like they may be pretty good turn into beasts, and quite a few turn into fodder. And then you have guys like Dedmon who will never be star C's, but he played good enough to get himself a $40 Million contract. He was dog for the first several years.

I understand what you're saying, but for C's it really does take time to know what you've got. But I don't see Poku ever being a true C no matter how tall he is. People think want him for all his other attributes.
    I'm guessing the folks here see a Porzingis. Can't blame their mancrush on Pokusevski but dude is the hipster pick. That brings the Spurs up to two projects, the other being Samanic.

Thread Information