Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blaming Mills for doing what he is supposed to do. Lol.

He's not running the offense because that's not his role nor within his capabilities.

And it comes as a shock to some of you seasoned fans. Whoa.
    People flamed Parker for the same thing for two decades.

Dude wasn't built like or expected to be a true point guard, yet people spent year after year ting on his HOF career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think back to the Bubble, where Lyles and Aldridge were out and we had to play small...

Now, think of the opposite effect, where Keldon, Q, and White are all out... we have to play big.

Is the logic making sense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really is we really got this ing dude.... What an amazing pick
    FIVE teams passed on him, simply because he didn’t work out for them, per coach Cal. He was projected in the area of late lottery, maybe a bit past that. 29. Wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez at least put more Luka out there. We already know what LMA and Poodle can do
    As a coach, when your players come back from the offseason, wouldn't you want to see if LMA is still in good shape to play after his injury? Wouldn't you like to see if Poetl added anything to his game?

I get that we want to see Luka a bit more. But he sure as disappointed when he was out there for a full quarter of play against the Thunder... It was atrocious. If he played more minutes than he played, it would have went from 'atrocious' to 'downright depressing'.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a coach, when your players come back from the offseason, wouldn't you want to see if LMA is still in good shape to play after his injury? Wouldn't you like to see if Poetl added anything to his game?

I get that we want to see Luka a bit more. But he sure as disappointed when he was out there for a full quarter of play against the Thunder... It was atrocious. If he played more minutes than he played, it would have went from 'atrocious' to 'downright depressing'.
    On the contrary I would like to see how Luka would respond to real compe ion, even if it's just pre-season. His "atrocious" performance could very well just be jitters, and will only get better with more playing time imo

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the contrary I would like to see how Luka would respond to real compe ion, even if it's just pre-season. His "atrocious" performance could very well just be jitters, and will only get better with more playing time imo
    Eh. The thing with Luka is that he really doesn't ever look like he is trying. Kinda just standing around.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is a language issue for Luka. He doesnt seem to correctly handle english, and that can be a trouble to integrate himself into the group. He is the only non english-native english in the roster (with Jakob but Jakob is far more longer in the league).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh. The thing with Luka is that he really doesn't ever look like he is trying. Kinda just standing around.
    He is waaaaaaayyyyyyyy to passive! Has the skill but the will is in question! Has to get going........ ( Lonnie too )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is a language issue for Luka. He doesnt seem to correctly handle english, and that can be a trouble to integrate himself into the group. He is the only non english-native english in the roster (with Jakob but Jakob is far more longer in the league).
    lol Croatians start learning English in 3rd grade. He definitely knows the language

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t buy it. Basketball is basketball. I’ve played with people who barely spoke English. At ude is another, regardless if you speak fluently or not, the feeling of camaraderie, of belongingness. The point is he needs to play with them more which should help a lot.
    Last edited by John B; 12-15-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would really like to see the 1st and 2nd units look like this tonight. (No Keldon and white)

1st Unit

Murray
    Walker
    Vassell
    DD
    LMA

2nd unit

Jones
    Mills
    Gay
    Lyles/Luka
    Poetl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would really like to see the 1st and 2nd units look like this tonight. (No Keldon and white)

1st Unit

Murray
    DeRozan
    Gay
    LMA
    Poeltl

2nd unit

Mills
    Vassell
    Lyles
    Luka
    Eubanks
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ace, will you upload Drew Eubanks' IG stories if you have a chance?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excited for the start of the season!

FWIW Memphis, according to the broadcasters; were leading the pre season in pace and have somewhat resembled the Spurs bubble team. Memphis will be starting Kyle Anderson at PF it seems, which would allow the Spurs to start DDR there if they wish.
    Not a huge fan of that move long term, but have a feeling the starting unit may be in-flux until the team is whole.

Some final thoughts from the media that echoes some of the sentiments on the forum:

22. San Antonio Spurs

The Spurs are facing a crossroads, and they can use this season to determine what path they want to go down and who they want coming with them. Can Dejounte Murray learn how to run an offense? (So far this preseason, the answer is still no.) Or will Derrick White remain the steadier option at point guard? Can Lonnie Walker IV find any level of consistency? Can Devin Vassell or Keldon Johnson pop on offense? The Spurs have lots of young talent to take them into the 2020s, but now it’s a matter of figuring out who the centerpieces are.
    One issue is playing time, since the Spurs have too many old dudes earning heavy minutes for a team that should be focused on development. DeMar DeRozan, LaMarcus Aldridge, Rudy Gay, and Patty Mills are all in their 30s and will all be unrestricted free agents next offseason; perhaps some of them could be flipped ahead of the trade deadline to recoup some value and open minutes for some of their young players. That assumes there would be teams interested in acquiring DeRozan or Aldridge as a rental, but in the playoff race, teams always get needy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

^What I've said has been missing from these preseason games: energy and toughness

We're going to look a lot different with both back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lonnie knows ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bingo. They're big pieces of the puzzle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin Vassell is now listed bare foot at 6'5 and Tre Jones at 6'1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin Vassell is now listed bare foot at 6'5 and Tre Jones at 6'1.
    On the spurs.com website, right? Holy , he keeps shrinking...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey I believe but Vassell looks like legit 6’7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strange. DJ is now 6'4" and KJ is 6'5"

Thread Information