Page 46 of 171 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 4270
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would we feel about Jalen Johnson since Cunningham is a pipe-dream at this point? I really like Bouknight and wouldn’t be opposed to trading away a younger player in hopes of acquiring another lottery pick but it seems like he would be another one of those guys that will shoot up the board during the draft process.

Tre Mann is a sleeper for me. He shot 40% from 3 this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a 4 year player that officially made the HOF last week. You might know him. Just saying.
    Yes, but did you really just compare Kispert to Tim Duncan? Yikes. Tim Duncan was not your typical 4 year college player. He could have left after two years and gone straight into the lottery. Kispert stayed because he couldn't get a promise to get drafted in the first round. That was the same with Jimmer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but did you really just compare Kispert to Tim Duncan? Yikes. Tim Duncan was not your typical 4 year college player. He could have left after two years and gone straight into the lottery. Kispert stayed because he couldn't get a promise to get drafted in the first round. That was the same with Jimmer.
    Lol, definitely not comparing them in terms of quality. Actually, I rather not draft Kispert because I have a hangup against white NBA players who aren't from Latin America or Europe. I know that's ed up and I need to get over that but that's another story. My main point is that playing 4 years in college shouldn't be seen as a red flag in itself that's all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a 4 year player that officially made the HOF last week. You might know him. Just saying.
    OK, this isn’t 1997. Tim would have been the #1 pick from his sop re year on. He stayed because of a promise to his mother.

I’m going to go out on a rather sturdy, thick supportive limb, and say that unless they change the rules of draft eligibility, there will never be another 4 year #1 overall pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, definitely not comparing them in terms of quality. Actually, I rather not draft Kispert because I have a hangup against white NBA players who aren't from Latin America or Europe. I know that's ed up and I need to get over that but that's another story. My main point is that playing 4 years in college shouldn't be seen as a red flag in itself that's all.
    hahah Pop giving Matt Bonner big time minutes will do that to you. But also there is this new guy named Luka who is white and is pretty good I think (plays in Dallas not Austin). Also Larry Bird and Dirk Nowitzki found that offensive. And lastly 75% of of American basketball fans still think Manu Ginobilli is European.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kispert is an excellent shooter but below average athlete and defender. I'd pass. Wagner has some question marks with his shooting but is a much better defender. I'd go with Franz between the two.

Ziaire Williams is interesting. Modern day NBA forward. Great size, length and athleticism. Good shot and a good defender. Not the greatest handles and needs to gain some weight but I think he's going to be a good player. Also like Scottie Barns and Moses Moody.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My top 5 would be:
    1. James Bouknight - Instant offense
    2. Karl Franz Wagner - Just a very good basketball player smart/good handles for a SF
    3. Alperen Sengun - Kid is only 18 and is to good to pass
    4. Jaden Springer - Can start with second unit easy
    5. Tre Jone - Think him and Tre could really work with the second unit

My has potential but could easily be a bust:
    1. Josh Giddey - G
    2. Zaire Williams - SF
    3. Kai Jones - PF/C

My second round wants:
    1. Joe Wieskamp - SF
    2. Quentin Grimes - SG
    3. Vrenz Bleijenbergh SF/PF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, this isn’t 1997. Tim would have been the #1 pick from his sop re year on. He stayed because of a promise to his mother.

I’m going to go out on a rather sturdy, thick supportive limb, and say that unless they change the rules of draft eligibility, there will never be another 4 year #1 overall pick.

Nowadays, the #1 pick makes $40mil on just his rookie contract. It would be crazy to risk injury playing another year of college, and miss out on that.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 05-21-2021 at 07:02 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few things to note;

Reports are that Bouknight has really impressed in the predraft process and could fly into the top 8.

This is my own person view regarding Wagner, I think that he will turn out to be a solid nba player, but i just don't think the upside is their for him to be a lotto pick. I think he's an pick outside of the lotto. Personallly, i see him as a more Athtelic and more of a scoring potetntial Kyle Anderson.

Lastly, I think the Draft preprocess and Conbine, will change the landscape of the draft a bit. I can see players droping or climbing thanks to the draft preprocess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope the Rockets don’t get the first pick. It would be hilarious if their pick fell out if the top five and it went to OKC . Don’t want the Warriors to end up with a top five again either (Minny has the pick top three protected).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tier 1 for me assuming we’re picking at 11 or 12
    James Bouknight
    Kai Jones
    Scottie Barnes
    Jalen Johnson
    Alperen Sengun
    Giddey

Tier 2
    Mooses moody
    Franz Wagner
    Corey Kispert
    Ziare williams
    Usman Garuba

Would honestly be happy with anyone of these guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine the Spurs overlook Bouknight's college arrest. I like him ... but for a team that values character in the draft, I don't think Bouknight is so special that the Spurs would deviate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS latest mock draft:

"CBS Sports releases latest NBA mock draft" https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...165603118/Amp/

12.) SAN ANTONIO SPURS: JOSH GIDDEY (AUSTRALIA/INTERNATIONAL)
    Josh Giddey
    Position: Shooting Guard | Height: 6’8 | Weight: 205 pounds

CBS Sports: “Almost every NBA team would sign up to add a 6-foot-8 playmaking wing to the roster, so the Spurs add him here to bolster their wing depth.”

247Sports: Josh Giddey is rising up NBA Draft boards due to his strong performance in the National Basketball League in Australia. Giddey can do a little bit of everything on the basketball court. He is averaging 11 points, 7.0 assists and 6.9 rebounds on 41% shooting. Those numbers could work well with the Spurs next season. He can impact the game at different levels and his playmaking has a chance to leave a lasting mark as a rookie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Latest mock draft from ESPN has the Spurs picking Isaiah Jackson at #11

Isaiah Jackson
    Kentucky
    PF/C

The Spurs will likely be in the market for a starting-caliber center to build around long term, and Jackson could very well pique their interest. One of the most explosive players in the draft, Jackson is an elite shot-blocker who dropped strong glimpses of offensive potential, which gives him significant upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Isaiah Jackson
    Kentucky
    PF/C

The Spurs will likely be in the market for a starting-caliber center to build around long term, and Jackson could very well pique their interest. One of the most explosive players in the draft, Jackson is an elite shot-blocker who dropped strong glimpses of offensive potential, which gives him significant upside.
    He could become a nice player but he's a big who weighs only 205 and his 3 point shooting is nonexistent. Most teams want one or the other (if not both).

If the Spurs really want Jackson, they might move down (although risky).

Jackson would be a big reach at #11 according to most mocks.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson? Seems redundant with Yak already here as a defensive minded center with rudimentary offensive skills. Sure, he could be better than Yak in a few years. Jackson would need significant offensive upside to take him at 11 in my opinion. I love Kentucky players so I’ll look into him more.

Edit: I was responding to The Drew Show, but he seems to have deleted his post, perhaps in a rare moment of humility. But I want to be intrigued by Jackson, but I don't see enough upside there. I mean, if he could be the Defensive Player of the Year, then maybe at 11, but I see them taking Garuba instead if for some odd reason they were only focusing on defense.
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 05-22-2021 at 05:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Isaiah Jackson
    Kentucky
    PF/C

How you can tell sites don't give a flying about the Spurs. Oh, it's ESPN? Of course it is. I'd bet they'd rather club their own children to death than learn the first thing about Spurs needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Draft this man. Closest thing I've seen to Kawhi, and I don't easily throw out that comparison. He'll be his own guy, of course. But similarities are there, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Draft this man. Closest thing I've seen to Kawhi, and I don't easily throw out that comparison. He'll be his own guy, of course. But similarities are there, IMO.
    Agreed. He is my first choice of a player who has the potential to be our best player, as well as who may possibly drop to us. After that, Wagner, Giddey, Sengun is who I could the Spurs going with, with an outside chance for Garuba because he plays defense and the Spurs sometimes do unexpected things.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Isaiah Jackson
    Kentucky
    PF/C

I'll be happy with him if we don't get Kai Jones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

thanks for posting. He looks like a legit small ball 4 that could stick. Thanks for posting. At least it looks like we can get some guy with size in this draft without sacrificing too much talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks for posting. He looks like a legit small ball 4 that could stick. Thanks for posting. At least it looks like we can get some guy with size in this draft without sacrificing too much talent.
    I'm not sure he has any capability to play 4 whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Moody comes in as a 3 and D SF. Like all these things with the draft, he may never get beyond that. But you hope he continues to develop his game into something more dynamic. He and Vassell could both play important glue roles in the beginning, but we'd really need Dejounte to drastically increase his drive and kick game for us to push this team forward, and that's even with our team severely lacking in shooting. Because right now Moody doesn't seem to have a lot of 1-1 skills to take his man off the dribble, which is probably why he is listed out of the lottery in some mocks. But his "risk averse" personality, as one site described it, seems right up the Spurs alley. And I still think he's our best realistic bet for a player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I will Be very happy if we get moody, he is My first choice with sengun and giddey just after.

I don't know if He is like Kawhi, not sure about that but he is à 2/3 imo with a lot of abilities : good offense, outisde shooting, good D... I really like him.

To have him at 11/12 we'll need that all the Barnes, Johnson K and J, bouknight .... To be drafted before us.

Thread Information