Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What aren't you getting about no matter how many x years of hormone replacement therapy does not even the playing field between males and females once puberty is passed. My 6 foot 165 lb son is always going to have an unfair physical advantage over my 5 ft 100 lb daughter. And no number of consecutive years of hormone replacement therapy is going to change that.
    lebron was always going to have an unfair physical advantage over jj re and yet we allowed lebron to play in the same league as re

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok... so if the NCAA offers a trans woman an athletic scholarship and they accept it, we're all good

weird position, but it fits your own criteria
    So then you shouldn't mind if your kid at age 10 has to compete with 20 year olds since there are age differences greater than that in the NBA.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get a hold of yourself.
    you walked right into that one, derp.

And you will never let it go now. You will never get a hold of yourself, derp.

Watch your next reply.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lebron was always going to have an unfair physical advantage over jj re and yet we allowed lebron to play in the same league as re
    "allowed"

Troll fail, stick to philoing takes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So then you shouldn't mind if your kid at age 10 has to compete with 20 year olds since there are age differences greater than that in the NBA.
    What 20 year olds are going to be in 2nd grade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at least you're starting to recognize that where we draw these lines are arbitrary. we sort of pick and choose the best dividing lines to try to create some semblance of parity. whether its by gender, by age (in youth sports they certainly divide by age), weight class, or otherwise. we try to pick categories that do the best at creating parity while being somewhat easy to identify (as opposed to a hyper scientific one like testing every participant's bone density or ligament strength, etc). but they are arbitrary nevertheless. i do recognize, as i stated below, that there is some inherent social value is separating sports by gender. none of this contradicts what i've already said

I know at the Olympic level (and I believe at the NCAA level) for certain sports they have specific requirements (ie 2+ consecutive years of hormone replacement therapy) before allowing trans women to compete. I've said before that on a sport by sport basis they can determine what the threshold should be. The weird issue I take with the arguments about some of the physical advantages is that some men also have massive physical advantages over other men. For some sports we use weight classes. For all youth sports we also separate people by age. Ultimately these divisions are somewhat arbitrary aimed at creating some amount of athletic parity using the most convenient categories. When it comes to genders, you basically have somewhat overlapping bell curves of "athletic" traits between males and females. Imo one of the obvious reasons of separating genders in youth sports is because of the team/social aspect of them, in addition to the athletic differences.

something like the above (not to scale). so yes, when you reach the extreme ends (in the realm of pro/olympic sports), those differences are more pronounced, but in the general population, and most notably youth sports, the difference isn't as significant.

people pretending it should be all about equal athletic playing fields should also have been outraged about a league where lebron james and mike miller were teammates because of their extremely different athletic profiles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "allowed"

Troll fail, stick to philoing takes
    yes. allowed. dont know why that choice of word in quotes or laughed at. because we are discussing bills that would specifically not allow some people to participate in sports against other people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has DMC actually stated an opinion or is he just still trying to get back at SR21?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Oh look, another thread about transsexuals started by Nathan. talk about an obsession tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes. allowed. dont know why that choice of word in quotes or laughed at. because we are discussing bills that would specifically not allow some people to participate in sports against other people
    Pretty sure congress cannot make a law to tell private businesses that they can refuse to hire people based on their sex or gender iden y. If Brittney Grimer was good enough, she'd have been playing in the NBA. It's not restricted to men.

In organizations that pay for the best money can buy, they are not restricted to compe ive fairness. That's left up to the market. No such thing for HS and college sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What aren't you getting about no matter how many x years of hormone replacement therapy does not even the playing field between males and females once puberty is passed. My 6 foot 165 lb son is always going to have an unfair physical advantage over my 5 ft 100 lb daughter. And no number of consecutive years of hormone replacement therapy is going to change that.
    Britney Griner will always have an unfair physical advantage over your son. Now what?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like climate change?
    Do you think they are comparable issues? Which is more important to you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Britney Griner will always have an unfair physical advantage over your son. Now what?
    I agree that it's pretty arbitrary and something the scholastic leagues should be able to work something out themselves.

This is a first world problem I can't be bothered to care about that much. None of you really cared about k-12 female track or wrestling before this so I'm not sure why you claim to now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think they are comparable issues? Which is more important to you?
    Poster C chimes in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not based on what I've seen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not based on what I've seen.
    You haven't seen her son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poster C chimes in.
    It's a message board not a closed dialogue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that it's pretty arbitrary and something the scholastic leagues should be able to work something out themselves.

This is a first world problem I can't be bothered to care about that much. None of you really cared about k-12 female track or wrestling before this so I'm not sure why you claim to now.
    I mean it took le 9 just to keep women's collegiate sports around in the first place

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poster C chimes in.
    It had to feel real stupid to admit your side cares more about trans high school sports than climate change, I'd be eager to change the subject too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It had to feel real stupid to admit your side cares more about trans high school sports than climate change, I'd be eager to change the subject too
    What's scientifically right/wrong about caring for either?

Nothing

You're stove up and can't see straight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You haven't seen her son
    When's the last time you saw yours?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's scientifically right/wrong about caring for either?

Nothing

You're stove up and can't see straight.
    your assertion that there's nothing different, but scientifically i can see a bit of a difference between a worst case scenario of coastal flooding and mass drought worldwide vs a handful of teenagers not getting scholarships. but you've chosen your lot, and high school trans sports is now your hill to die on.. enjoy

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake reiterating the kill shot against him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Culture wars = weapon of mass distraction.
    Iden y politics uber alles!

Thread Information