Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1677
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This dude is not maximizing his earnings at all. What is he doing?
    Perhaps what he wants is a 1+1, followed by a 5 year max at $235 ( https://mobile.twitter.com/BobbyMark...49221935190018 ; 213hoops has that 5 year contract at $250M, so not sure who's right. https://213hoops.com/kawhi-leonard-d...s-free-agency/ ). Good luck to Ballmer if he agrees to that kind of arrangement. On the other hand, the NBA should be on a new TV contract by the time that contract nears the end, so it may look like a pocket change at that point.
    Last edited by toki9; 08-01-2021 at 09:28 PM.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, just meet the minimum salary. Our only goals are to play our young guys a lot and get a top 5 pick next draft. We don't need to sign anyone that won't be a major piece in 3 years to any sort of long-term deal or large contract. At this point, just run Poeltl and Eubanks all year. Who cares? We are tanking.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps what he wants is a 1+1, followed by a 5 year max at $235 ( https://mobile.twitter.com/BobbyMark...49221935190018 ). Good luck to Ballmer if he agrees to that kind of arrangement. On the other hand, the NBA should be on a new TV contract by the time that contract nears the end, so it may look like a pocket change at that point.
    would be funny if he gets the 1+1, but not the 5 year contract because he cant really play anymore

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be funny if he gets the 1+1, but not the 5 year contract because he cant really play anymore
    Yes, but life isn't fair so he'll probably get everything he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s actually a good thing if Lowry comes off the board quickly once free agency starts more teams will be targeting Demar if that happens, probably why the mavs have been linked to him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see how the Clippers can top last season unless they make a major move to give Kawhi and George more help.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    report that Dragic may be traded to Dallas to make room for Lowry?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see how the Clippers can top last season unless they make a major move to give Kawhi and George more help.
    Number Two staying healthy would ostensibly let them outdo last season. His health can't be taken for granted at all at this point, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just sign oubre and move on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious… I personally wouldn’t do it but anyone think Vicotor Oladipo might be a decent reclamation project?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious… I personally wouldn’t do it but anyone think Vicotor Oladipo might be a decent reclamation project?
    I don’t know. Honestly he’s been getting injury after injury and hasn’t been the same from his breakout season at Indiana. I used to like him a lot but I haven’t watched him in 2 years.

He could be worth a look on make good deal but I don’t think the Spurs as a good fit for him, and vice versa.

Spurs are very guard heavy, needing to develop and in all likelihood (save unexpected injuries to other teams or someone making a surprising leap) out of the playoffs. He won’t raise his stats here, and for the Spurs what would they be looking for with him? I don’t see it.

Id say pass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray just tweeted another cryptic tweet saying, “ First They Love You Then They Hate You Then They Love You Again………….��.” This guy is such a diva at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray just tweeted another cryptic tweet saying, “ First They Love You Then They Hate You Then They Love You Again………….��.” This guy is such a diva at times.

Who cares!? Atleast they love him again Probably some piece of ass hes banging. As long as he works on his threeball im good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could go without the diva at ude but I think that one probably is more directed to a chick but who knows for sure lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps what he wants is a 1+1, followed by a 5 year max at $235 ( https://mobile.twitter.com/BobbyMark...49221935190018 ; 213hoops has that 5 year contract at $250M, so not sure who's right. https://213hoops.com/kawhi-leonard-d...s-free-agency/ ). Good luck to Ballmer if he agrees to that kind of arrangement. On the other hand, the NBA should be on a new TV contract by the time that contract nears the end, so it may look like a pocket change at that point.
    Yeah I'm not sure what Bobby Marks means by claiming the smart thing would be to opt in. The smart thing has always been opting out, signing a 1+1, then signing a max next summer with full bird rights. He'll likely sign both of these deals before he plays a single minute of basketball too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has since deleted this one too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Hollinger…
    The Spurs also have a ton of cap room and are going to be a player in this market one way or another, but as typical with San Antonio, nobody has heard much. The most prominent target I’ve heard thus far is … Daniel Theis? Yes, really.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Hollinger…
    The Spurs also have a ton of cap room and are going to be a player in this market one way or another, but as typical with San Antonio, nobody has heard much. The most prominent target I’ve heard thus far is … Daniel Theis? Yes, really.
    That is a good start, still would need an offensive front court signing

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Hollinger…
    That is a good start, still would need an offensive front court signing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sources say DeMar DeRozan had serious interest in finding a way to play for his hometown Lakers via sign-and-trade with San Antonio, but the Westbrook move ended that possibility and it remains very possible that he returns to the Spurs.

Per the athletic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Theis game like?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see the spurs off season much like DeRozen's off season. I'm sure DeRozen would have loved to go to the Lakers for his 25 plus million dollar salary. but the Lakers chose Russ. So if you want to be a Laker its a huge huge cut in salary. Sorry DeMarr. So maybe its Miami, probably another cut in salary or NY another cut in salary because now they have a gm that knows what he is doing and can afford to wait a little bit to improve their team. After all its NY ! Surprise, DeRozen has just found out that he's not that big of an NBA star any more.
    SA is in the same boat as DeRozen. Free agents don't rush to come here, they typically look somewhere else first. There isn't a big 3 to help win a championship any more or a big 2 or a big 1 for that matter. So the second, third or fourth tier players come here and we make do with what we have or can sign, until we develop a star or manage to somehow trade for one. That's who we are now.
    The best thing to do now is to not kid ourselves and admit where we are now. We need to draft well, not half ass and since we have the money, take a chance on a somewhat high profile player. It may not right the ship right away but its a path to something truly better in a year or two. At least its a direction.
    As for DeRozen work with the spurs on a sign and trade to get a decent contract somewhere else, prove to yourself and other teams that you're not a 3rd banana. Secure your last good contract and ride off into the sunset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sources say DeMar DeRozan had serious interest in finding a way to play for his hometown Lakers via sign-and-trade with San Antonio, but the Westbrook move ended that possibility and it remains very possible that he returns to the Spurs.

Per the athletic
    Alot of people are gonna moan about this but resigning DDR makes sense to secure an asset. Of course it comes to price. But it'll be nice if the Spurs just put the right players around them and finding a starting 4 should be the priority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theis is actually a good option as a back up big cause he can shoot 3s. I wouldn’t be mad if they sign him to reasonable deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they aren't keeping Dieng then Theis would be alright. Just don't overpay if possible. 3/15 or so.

Thread Information