Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Defensively, Rudy Gay is #31 and Kawhi Leonard trails at #62 -- I'm guessing most coaches would rather have Leonard on the court for defensive purposes.
    Kawhi hasn't played defense in the regular season for years now, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the ???? That's this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've questioned plenty of FO decisions over the years, but never really saw reason to go full Mugen about it til now. Forbes and the FO, last season I was content just because of him being gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol we got our sniper back lol the are the front office smoking i was glade to see him go been a fan since i meet some of the spurs in middle school back in the early 80s now this is just bull s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ass!!! I was looking forward to seeing the young ones, gross gross gross! This fool is about to start too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the biggest tank job melt down i have ever seen at least i hope

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I knew Lonnie was bad but I didn’t realize he was competing as the worst for his position.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I knew Lonnie was bad but I didn’t realize he was competing as the worst for his position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi hasn't played defense in the regular season for years now, tbh.
    Same with Bryn, he's just saving it for the playoffs.

But actually, I think Pop is trying to construct a new kind of NBA team, more along the lines of international ball (perhaps an outgrowth of his FIBA coaching experience).

More pure shooters, more team (zone) defense, more "make or miss" philosophy both offensively and defensively.

That may be where Pop sees the value these days -- being able to attract those types of players to a smaller market.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the first time in my life I legit gotta wonder WTF am I a fan of this team for. This offseason has been one bitter pill to swallow after another but seeing Forbes signed to likely play 25 minutes a night? That's the worst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the plus side, there was a person here who seemed to have an in with Forbes and sometimes got insider knowledge so maybe that will happen again.

I also don't think Forbes will play very often at all, but this is probably me just trying to cope with this utterly devestating news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good signing. Seriously why are people pissed about signing vets who can shoot but play no defense? Makes zero sense. This gives Pop the belief that we aren’t tanking, but gives us the talent to actually tank. It’s perfect. Pop gets to game plan whatever the he thinks will work (it won’t) and then we lose lots of games. That’s the goal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we've got championship experience now!!!!! yeah!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the plus side, there was a person here who seemed to have an in with Forbes and sometimes got insider knowledge so maybe that will happen again.

I also don't think Forbes will play very often at all, but this is probably me just trying to cope with this utterly devestating news.
    Pop had to of guaranteed him minutes why else would he sign, didn't he leave Milwaukee because he got cut out of the rotation in the playoffs. By the way what is Belinelli up to these days, might as well bring the band back together.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good signing. Seriously why are people pissed about signing vets who can shoot but play no defense? Makes zero sense. This gives Pop the belief that we aren’t tanking, but gives us the talent to actually tank. It’s perfect. Pop gets to game plan whatever the he thinks will work (it won’t) and then we lose lots of games. That’s the goal.
    Well, you’re not wrong.

I think their decisions are the result of:

Pride
    Alcoholism
    Fear
    Cognitive decline

What a combo!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you dumb mother ers who have sucked on PATFO’s collective s for the last couple of years because of blind loyalty can eat now. Y’all don’t have a leg to stand on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta love how this thread is literally longer now than the DeRozan trade thread, which was the signature move of our offseason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to quibble but Forbes is ahead of Trae Young who is actually #250 (that guy should probably be cut by Atlanta).

Lonnie Walker is a few spots ahead of Forbes at #243.

Frighteningly, the worst forward listed is McDermott (SF/PF) at #246, second worst forward (SG/SF) is Walker at #243.

They may need to play a lot of zone this year.
    I hadn’t looked at these stats.

This is a tank move then?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not just about tanking. This season, we were finally going to get to see the young guys be the main show and get plenty of minutes. I almost certain Forbes is going to start and one of the young guys will get no playing time as a result

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is no defense of Forbes, but I thought NBA front offices don’t believe in defensive analytics when it comes to rating players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We played him so much bc the idiots demar and lamarcus didnt understand where the ing 3 point line is.

If those dumb s could have taken a three we never would have started him.
    We have more shooting now, I’m not worried about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHAT???????????

Spurs are a joke. Unreal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Brian Wright knows ST. He definitely would have a great time reading this thread and laughing about ST posters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm 95% sure this means they're going to trade Lonnie for a 2nd rounder, Brian

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't have quality back up PG, not that Bryn is one, so that's likely why this move was made.

If Lonnie is shipped out it's because of all the wings already on the roster (Wieskamp, Vassell, Johnson, White & Primo) and the fact that the team is likely not going to extend him.

Still is a bad decision to bring him back and we can all agree on that point.

Thread Information