My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is that dude.

https://streamable.com/4itmn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Made some sense to start Mills because whether with Mills or Murray and no TP the offense was going to struggle to create in the half court so go with shot making. Way to go for Mills on stepping up and making shots today. Huge for SA that he did that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    little general like avery johnson?
    Avery Johnson is the Little Genital (given the history between the Spurs and the Mavs).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avery Johnson is the Little Genital (given the history between the Spurs and the Mavs).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The er couldn't even get a shot off in regulation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inexcusable really. I believe that is the 2nd time that has happened at the end of a quarter with him is it not? Just no feel for the game in situations like that. Doesn't know when to go.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inexcusable really. I believe that is the 2nd time that has happened at the end of a quarter with him is it not? Just no feel for the game in situations like that. Doesn't know when to go.
    I'll spare ya gots who didn't actually watch the game.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given how Manu was playing I wanted him with the ball. His sense of timing is impeccable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That block was impeccable timing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patty played very well tbh... his outside shot was falling, which with him is always the only deciding factor of whether he had a good or bad game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Made some sense to start Mills because whether with Mills or Murray and no TP the offense was going to struggle to create in the half court so go with shot making. Way to go for Mills on stepping up and making shots today. Huge for SA that he did that.
    What happened to all that "guaranteed" pressure you promised son?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol was supposed to rescreen, I believe. He wasn't about to let the Spurs lose in OT. He did the same thing against the Clippers in '15, this is what he does.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Almost like the guy doesn't watch basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We saw that pressure when Murray started just like I said. It was a drastic change from when TP was playing. I think what happened was with only a 7 man rotation they made the decision to not expend their energy with presses as much but I don't know.

But that is besides the point. We've clearly seen the difference in TP's handling of pressure and the ball in general vs Mills and Murray. The fact that Mills was not pressed this ONE game does not mean the point of WHY he is pressured more than TP (or someone like Murray being tested as well) is wrong.

Grow up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll spare ya gots who didn't actually watch the game.
    There is no excuse for this. I didn't get to watch this game, but I saw the other game where Mills did that and I saw the entire stretch on replay of this moment.

Unless there is some context from the entire game that explains why that happened that I am missing, then? He was trying to wait for a screen and once he saw it was not on time or going to come, he should have had the recognition to try something else.

The one thing you absolutely cannot do is not get a shot off when you have that much time left on the clock. It's inexcusable and Pop blew up in the replay I saw as well.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop blew up Pau Gasol for like 2 minutes.

Not once did he yell at Patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We saw that pressure when Murray started just like I said. It was a drastic change from when TP was playing. I think what happened was with only a 7 man rotation they made the decision to not expend their energy with presses as much but I don't know.
    Yeah well, we're talking about Patty not Murray, so I don't know why you are bringing the kid up, tbh.

But that is besides the point. We've clearly seen the difference in TP's handling of pressure and the ball in general vs Mills
    When?

and Murray.
    Again, why do you keep bringing him up?

The fact that Mills was not pressed this ONE game does not mean the point of WHY he is pressured more than TP (or someone like Murray being tested as well) is wrong.

Grow up.
    "This ONE game" . In which other games was he pressured son? Or at least, pressured more than any other PG would get pressured?

You said he would get pressured all the time "guaranteed", he doesn't. That's the end of it.

"grow up"

" Stop calling me out on my ty takes. Grow up. "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah well, we're talking about Patty not Murray, so I don't know why you are bringing the kid up, tbh.

When?

Again, why do you keep bringing him up?

"This ONE game" . In which other games was he pressured son? Or at least, pressured more than any other PG would get pressured?

You said he would get pressured all the time "guaranteed", he doesn't. That's the end of it.

"grow up"

" Stop calling me out on my ty takes. Grow up. "
    None of this disputes anything. You didn't call me out on anything. You waited until Mills had one good shooting game (despite the offense not running nearly as efficiently with him as it was with TP) to try and find your chance to come at me.

Everyone here knows there is a big gulf in Mills ability to handle the ball and TP. Not only that, we've seen Mills pressured before and TP doesnt get pressured like him. Not only that, Mills handle is noticeably worse than TP's.

The fact Murray got the start and was pressured doesn't change the point I was making about TP being the best ball handler so teams don't bother pressing him like they do with Mills/Murray. You are trying to cling to some weird semantics because you get pretty butthurt about me tbh..

If your argument is that Mills handle is NBA level for a starting PG or even equal to that of TP's, it's you that have the ty takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of this disputes anything. You didn't call me out on anything. You waited until Mills had one good shooting game (despite the offense not running nearly as efficiently with him as it was with TP) to try and find your chance to come at me.

Everyone here knows there is a big gulf in Mills ability to handle the ball and TP. Not only that, we've seen Mills pressured before and TP doesnt get pressured like him. Not only that, Mills handle is noticeably worse than TP's.

The fact Murray got the start and was pressured doesn't change the point I was making about TP being the best ball handler so teams don't bother pressing him like they do with Mills/Murray. You are trying to cling to some weird semantics because you get pretty butthurt about me tbh..

If your argument is that Mills handle is NBA level for a starting PG or even equal to that of TP's, it's you that have the ty takes.
    My take is that you have overblown the whole thing regarding Patty's handles, and that we are not going to suffer because of it. And I called you out on this since day one, I didn't wait for . I'm just now rubbing it in your face just so that you know who's boss, tbh.

Now shhh, and take the L. I'm gonna enjoy the rest of these Patty lead Spurs, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok Tony Danza

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great game from him tonight. They pretty much had to abandon the PnR because he cannot run it well, but he did everything he was asked to do these last two games.

His defense on Harden was by far the biggest surprise of the series to me. He legit bothered him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information