Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we trade for a big, it has to be a mobile PF that can guard SF. Like others have said, we need as many diverse players for potential matchup vs Warriors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was trying his ass of in 2013-14 when he was in incredible shape. Not so much now, I can't believe RC handed him $50 million when he was a fatass.
    Patty Mills = Jaren Jackson 2.0

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the numbers work with murray or bertans.
    You dont trade forbes or bertans

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And a point guard and a center
    Center? Lol. Spurs need a pg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we trade for a big, it has to be a mobile PF that can guard SF. Like others have said, we need as many diverse players for potential matchup vs Warriors
    any examples of such players you speak of?
    just pondering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue with players such as Mills and Forbes is that they are only effective if their shot is falling, they can't do anything else defensively/rebound/assist to affect the game. Brandon Paul has had more an affect defensively than offensively. For those most part these players are only useful against PG/SG and not SG/SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any examples of such players you speak of?
    just pondering.
    Not at the top of my head but some have mentioned we need a big. There are 2 types of bigs: slow (can only guard PF/C) or mobile (guard SF/PF); Spurs need the latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those on the Bring Beli back to SA bandwagon:

Marco Belinelli Marcobelinelli
    16s
    #NBAVOTE manu ginobili @manuginobili

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love Beli back as a buyout candidate. But I just don't think a wing is what the team needs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like a tepid market this year. I know we’re a ways out but this time last year felt like it had more buzz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'd .just keep passing it to each other since they both have no offensive skills..
    Ha ha ha! That would be hilarious to watch!

"Here you go!"
    "No no, you got this!"
    "No no, I insist! You got this!"
    "I think you got the shot!"
    "I just ing set you up!"
    "And I set you up better!"
    "HERE! RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE RIM!!!"
    "WHILE JUST SET YOU UP WITH AN OPEN ING 3!!!"
    " GOT!!!"
    "YOU'RE A GOT!!!"

lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont trade forbes or bertans
    Forbes sucks he won’t be in the league that long as a 15 man OK but we can and should do better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty Melt and a side of fries for Raymond Felton

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue with players such as Mills and Forbes is that they are only effective if their shot is falling, they can't do anything else defensively/rebound/assist to affect the game. Brandon Paul has had more an affect defensively than offensively. For those most part these players are only useful against PG/SG and not SG/SF.
    Both, but particularly Mills because of reputation, still space the floor.

Between them and Bertans, Belinelli would be redundant and therefore makes no sense to acquire in any form. Would rather retain Paul, a youngish, inexpensive, plus defender and likely better 3-point shooter than his current % indicates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would do it if Paul were better. Bryn has been too important to trade. Plus I doubt the Knicks would accept.
    [LEFT]Unless the injuries to Leonard, Green and Gay are worse than they're letting on, Spurs don't need wing depth. They need a legit third center option and in the unlikely event they make a move, I expect that to be it.

Knicks wouldn't do that. They'll likely trade or bench O'Quinn post deadline to clear a rotation spot. They also have shooters on the wings, in Lee, McDermott and to a lesser extent Hardaway and Dotson.

I figured as much but it would be the type of deal that I would expect the Spurs to do. Hernangomez would be a good addition, both for now and the future while Forbes presumably doesn't have a future with the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should try and trade for Bam Adebayo out of miami..
    Anderson plus joffery or Anderson plus free whataburger should do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobby Marks BobbyMarks42
    4m Trade restrictions have now been lifted for the following: Cristiano Felicio, Nikola Mirotic, Kyle Korver, Mason Plumlee, Shaun Livingston, Andre Iguodala, Blake Griffin, JaMychal Green, Tony Snell, Jrue Holiday, Andre Roberson, Patty Mills, Serge Ibaka, Kyle Lowry, Joe Ingles and Otto Porter. Mirotic must consent to any trade and would lose his bird rights if traded. Porter must consent and cannot be traded to Brooklyn. espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You had me at Patty Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Serge over Joff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes has actually defended PGs well this year (he's a better defender than Patty).

The problem is Pop plays him at the 2, where he's defending bigger wings. He's not as effective playing out of position on defense guarding wings who are bigger than him. In this situation, Forbes gets bullied off his paths away from the ball on both ends of the floor. And in ISOs or 1 on 1 situations, he doesn't have the length to be as effective when contesting -- especially when he's guarding wings who are bigger than him. Pop just knows he has to give Patty minutes, so playing Forbes out of position on defense is the only way to get Forbes minutes, which I think is doing a disservice to Forbes.

Patty needs to be gone. He's hurting more than helping this team in many ways and this is only one of them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes has actually defended PGs well this year (he's a better defender than Patty). The problem is Pop plays him at the 2, where he's defending bigger wings. He's not as effective playing out of position on defense guarding wings who are bigger than him more often than not. In this situation, Forbes gets bullied off his paths away from the ball on both ends of the floor. And in ISOs or 1 on 1 situations, he doesn't have the length to be as effective when contesting -- especially when he's guarding wings who are bigger than him. Pop just knows he has to give Patty minutes, so playing Forbes out of position is the only way to get Forbes minutes, which I think is doing a disservice to Forbes.

Patty needs to be gone. He's hurting more than helping this team in many ways and this is only one of them.
    Pretty good take. I thought Forbe's defense wasn't great, but now that I think about it, he's done alright when guarding players closer to his size. You're right, when he's getting torched, it's usually when he's guarding guys that are bigger than him that he shouldn't be guarding in the first place. He's definitely a better defender than Patty IMO. ing ridiculous decision from the front office to give Mills that much money. As I said before free agency started, don't bring him back at all, but if they really wanted him back for whatever reason - DO NOT OVERPAY, let him walk if it comes to that. Spurs did the opposite.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes sucks he won’t be in the league that long as a 15 man OK but we can and should do better
    I dont think he sucks. Hes a low usage player who doesnt turn the ball over and shoots 40 percent from 3. Hes a better outside and inside shooter than mills and bertans. You trade forbes youre down to .5 catch and shoot players that make their shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Magic are shopping Hezonja, Payton and Fournier.
    Realgm says there are many players available for trade but team's don't want to take salary back in.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...n-Trade-Market

Considering the current Spurs don't have a lot of space to take salary back in anyways plus they have young players that will seek to get paid this summer, plus a supermax Kiwi to take care of, I expect standing pat. The best move they can make is for everyone to get healthy as well as continuing to develop chemistry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering the current Spurs don't have a lot of space to take salary back in anyways plus they have young players that will seek to get paid this summer, plus a supermax Kiwi to take care of, I expect standing pat. The best move they can make is for everyone to get healthy as well as continuing to develop chemistry.
    This. A healthy Tony will go a long way to alleviating the pg woes. And Pau, despite starting, is really the backup center as Pop alternates him with LMA after the start of the halves. No one we could bring in via trade or buyout or waiver would make a 1/10 the difference as health. This team is who it is. Now just get healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Serge over Joff.
    For 65+ million over the next 3 years? No thanks

Thread Information