Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of the outcome in the next week, Splitter needs to go. He gets stripped or blocked down low way to often for a big man. We need to let him go and bring in AJefferson, PMilsap, or DWest. Add to this the fact that Splitter's rebounding is pretty pathetic. Signing Manu for no more than $6-$7M should allow us to do this, although re-signing Manu is also not 100%. Bringing in someone like JJ Red or OJ Mayo and Milsap/West could also be an option. Thoughts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OJ Mayo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CHRIST.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West is considerably shorter and older, as well as slightly more expensive, Splitter doesn't rebound well but a future building block bigman doesn't come from free agency and this is why Jefferson is a bad option. Milsap is also far to small as well as no defensive presence. Manu is going to be cheaper than 7 million or he's gone, he knows off the court where he stands financially and physically as a player, and he realizes that he isn't worth that money on the free market and won't go elsewhere easily unless they give him an insane amount. The names you are considering are to expensive the spurs don't do names they do projects and drafts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should probably wait until after the Finals are over to start talking about the offseason.

The Spurs are in the Finals in 2013, and people want to discuss offseason moves? SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1/10. Soft still plays D.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he was better as the backup center, sometimes. But the front office will have a hard time finding a 7-footer who can defend (in the post, perimeter and pick n rolls), pass well, score in the pick n roll, and at times having key blocks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter will re-sign. He works well with the system, and plays excellent pick and roll offense and defense. Its all about picking the right players for the system. Spurs better not overpay Splitter though. Having said that, I wouldn't mind Al Jefferson.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of the outcome in the next week, Splitter needs to go. He gets stripped or blocked down low way to often for a big man. We need to let him go and bring in AJefferson, PMilsap, or DWest. Add to this the fact that Splitter's rebounding is pretty pathetic. Signing Manu for no more than $6-$7M should allow us to do this, although re-signing Manu is also not 100%. Bringing in someone like JJ Red or OJ Mayo and Milsap/West could also be an option. Thoughts?
    Despite Splitter's shortcomings in regards to finishing ability and his hands he is the perfect fit in the Spurs system. He is an excellent defender both in the pick n roll and one on one. He is also sets great screens and rolls hard to the bucket. I like the thought of Jefferson on offense but he is slower than molasses on the defensive end. Outside of being a decent low post one on one defender the rest is not good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe in PATFO to make a decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter is a valuable asset. Big men are too rare. He'll improve no doubt. We gotta keep him.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After seeing what we did to Al Jefferson against the Jazz in last year's playoffs I'd take Luke Walton over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP stfu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter's not worth $9-10 million a year that he'll likely get, but with such a shortage of Centers in the NBA today, he's going to get paid that regardless. He just needs to get stronger and stop being so soft. Rebounding certainly has to improve and finishing around the rim. He's thrown up a couple air abll hook shots against Miami so far this series that make me wonder why he's playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Al Jefferson doesn't play defense. Splitter does. Nothing more infuriating than a center that can't play defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just need another slow big man who can't defend the pick and roll. That will take us to the next level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lcroock must go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sons, let this be a lesson to you: don't start threads when you're on crack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thoughts? Stop posting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Icroock must go! ur self.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is this a serious thread? im being punked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite Splitter's shortcomings in regards to finishing ability and his hands he is the perfect fit in the Spurs system. He is an excellent defender both in the pick n roll and one on one. He is also sets great screens and rolls hard to the bucket. I like the thought of Jefferson on offense but he is slower than molasses on the defensive end. Outside of being a decent low post one on one defender the rest is not good.
    Al Jefferson is horrid on defense. The spurs defense would probably give up 3-5 more points a game with "Big Al". And I think I'd save the molasses reference for what he would do to the pass predicated spurs' offense. He'd bog the offense down to a crawl because all he would do is park his fat ass on the block and call for the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeeeeeeeah No.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Short-term memory for some. It was Splitter PnR action and D that led to the two blowout wins against GS in games 5 and 6. It was Splitter's inside D and D on Gasol/Randolph that shutdown the Grizz offensively and it was Splitter altering the shot Conley one-on-one mind you that forced OT against the Grizz not including the block shots he had in games 3 & 4 in Memphis.

Splitter runs the PnR to perfection. Its just that Miami was packing the lane with Parker, Splitter and Tim on the Floor. Notice how when Pop added another shooter and didn't play Duncan or Splitter together in the 3rd and 4th quarter, the Heat were at a loss because their packing the lane strategy was render noneffective at that point.

Thread Information