Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788 LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2178
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I trust in PATFO's decision-making in this draft but I really hope they don't pick Grant Williams and Samanic. They're two of the most boring and nonathletic players we could possibly draft in the positions we have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure they can. But likely they won't because they won't pull the trigger on your first trade until that pick comes up. If they traded say Bertans and 29 for Simmons and 24 right now, then they could trade 19 and 24 for 11. 12 or 13. It would just be a three-team trade like:

Spurs: 12 and Simmons.

Hornets: 19 and 24

Philadelphia: 29 and Bertans

But I don't think the Spurs can wait until 29 to do all that, because too much will have to already have happened to make it work. At least the part with the Sixers has to be done sight unseen.
    Ah ok, didn't know you had to wait for your pick to come up to trade it away. Don't know why I always assumed that stuff was done beforehand. Thanks Chinook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah ok, didn't know you had to wait for your pick to come up to trade it away. Don't know why I always assumed that stuff was done beforehand. Thanks Chinook
    You don't have to wait to make these trades in principle. Pretty sure that at this point, you can't actually trade picks, but up until yesterday, you could trade them freely. I fully expect to hear 30 being announced as Detroit's pick rather than MKEs, though maybe they hadn't filed the paperwork in time. Most of the trades that have been announced won't be completable until next month, so they'll be contingent.

As far as what I was saying, I saying saying that it would be hard to make what you said work. It's not. The trade I proposed is very possible. It's just that it's not likely for them to do a trade like that unless the team's agree already. Like if Philly is willing to move 24 only if their guy isn't there, then the Spurs can't count on that pick being there to trade with 19. It's possible that the Spurs and Charlotte (for example) could agree to two trades, one where the Spurs get 24 and one where they don't. Like:

12 for 19 and 24 if the trade with Philly goes through

or

12 and Zeller for 19, Beli and Bertans if Philly backs out

We'll never know all the things teams set up that just don't work out in the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't have to wait to make these trades in principle. Pretty sure that at this point, you can't actually trade picks, but up until yesterday, you could trade them freely. I fully expect to hear 30 being announced as Detroit's pick rather than MKEs, though maybe they hadn't filed the paperwork in time. Most of the trades that have been announced won't be completable until next month, so they'll be contingent.

As far as what I was saying, I saying saying that it would be hard to make what you said work. It's not. The trade I proposed is very possible. It's just that it's not likely for them to do a trade like that unless the team's agree already. Like if Philly is willing to move 24 only if their guy isn't there, then the Spurs can't count on that pick being there to trade with 19. It's possible that the Spurs and Charlotte (for example) could agree to two trades, one where the Spurs get 24 and one where they don't. Like:

12 for 19 and 24 if the trade with Philly goes through

or

12 and Zeller for 19, Beli and Bertans if Philly backs out

We'll never know all the things teams set up that just don't work out in the end.
    Yeah that makes sense now that I think about it. It would be stupid to trade just to move up without actually knowing if the player you want is there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dream is slowly fading away boys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dream is slowly fading away boys.

Yea he’s going Top-12 imo. Wound the surprised I he went top-10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Goga at 19. He's one of the few potential building blocks in this draft, tbh. Some scouts say he's the second most ready player to produce on Day 1 behind Zion. I can't say I disagree too much with that.

But since he's a center, I'd hesitate to give up too much to move up and get him. Unless the Spurs grade him out to be Jokic-lite, probably best to sit tight and hope. If he gets past the Celtics at 14, there are a string of teams that don't really need a center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Goga at 19. He's one of the few potential building blocks in this draft, tbh. Some scouts say he's the second most ready player to produce on Day 1 behind Zion. I can't say I disagree too much with that.

But since he's a center, I'd hesitate to give up too much to move up and get him. Unless the Spurs grade him out to be Jokic-lite, probably best to sit tight and hope. If he gets past the Celtics at 14, there are a string of teams that don't really need a center.
    the thing is, with horford on the way out and baynes now being shopped around, the celtics really do need a big man. for me the question isn't so much whether or not they'll go big but with which pick and also which big?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Celtics are planning to pick Bol, maybe they don't draft Goga at 14. Hmm...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s an ongoing flurry of trade discussion regarding picks 20-23, league sources say, with teams like Golden State, Brooklyn, Sacramento, Dallas and San Antonio expressing interest to move up into that range.
    — Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer) June 20, 2019

if legit, who would the spurs be looking for in this range?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea he’s going Top-12 imo. Wound the surprised I he went top-10.
    Multiple Mocks have him going at #9 to the Wiz. Not sure why this is a surprise to anyone.

BTW, he is not Siakam. Not even close on twitch athleticism and experience.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the first round, I'd be thrilled with 2 of these players:

Thybulle
    Clarke
    Okeke
    Claxton
    Little

---

Don't really like okpala, I don't like guys with elevated Stallone shoes. I'm worried he'll be the guy for Landry Fields

Hachimura gives me a headache on defense. Just seems clueless, and he's had years of great college coaching, it's not like Murray under Romar at Washington. After so much Mills and Marco I am sick of guys who can't defend. There's a clip in the Schmitz ESPN video near the end against Washington where he doesn't even bother helping resulting in a dunk. What they didn't show is that it was the second dunk in a row that he didn't rotate for. The first dunk he was late on, then the ran the same pick and roll and he didn't even bother the second time. Combine that with his bad passing iq, I don't think that's something I'm counting on him to learn at this stage

Re: Samanic, I am suspect of his switching pedigree. Real easy to switch against b-division nobodies in Slovenia and against 2nd round & summer Leaguers at the combine, the NBA is a different beast. Milutinov switched all the time on pick and rolls for Olympiakos and usually with great results. But he was switching guys like Campazzo and a 30 year old Nick Calathes. I don't think Milutinov would be a good switch guy in the NBA and am sceptical of Samanic as well. Claxton I buy, not Samanic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the first round, I'd be thrilled with 2 of these players:

Thybulle
    Clarke
    Okeke
    Claxton
    Little
    Clarke at 19 and Thybulle at 29 would make the Spurs a top three defense next season.

The offense, though, would be a challenge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clarke at 19 and Thybulle at 29 would make the Spurs a top three defense next season.

The offense, though, would be a challenge.

we'd get more of the same strategy, i suppose. the spurs trying to turn the game into a two point shooting contest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ever since the infamous trade, logic has dictated that, barring a repeat of last year when an ideal fit unexpected falls into their lap at 19, they should be trading up . . . and yet, despite clearly having the assets (Heat at 13 and Pistons at 15 are prime targets), I have no confidence in them actually pulling the trigger.

I'm sure they'll get cold feet and play it safe like usual. If they do, I get the sense 19 will be underwhelming. They were lucky to get Murray and Walker where they did (White too, though he was projected in that range), law of averages means it's unlikely to continue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what do you think guys??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we get SHAMANIC guys?????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 5 more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im so excited for today's draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shamanic still in the table guys, hehehehehehe

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PJ Washington and Brandon Clarke still available. My top two realistic picks after Rui Hachimura, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my god, only four more guys.............

Thread Information