Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Foregone conclusion, but still nice to see. Great class with a lot of needs filled. Thanks for all your hard work TFloss and here's to hopefully putting these up and down years in the past and getting some consistent success.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Foregone conclusion, but still nice to see. Great class with a lot of needs filled. Thanks for all your hard work TFloss and here's to hopefully putting these up and down years in the past and getting some consistent success.
    No problem.

May start a poll in new thread to take everyone's temperature on Herman's future, and then we can look back on it in the fall.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    , no one likes you. Take a hint and off.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dude, I freaking love Tfloss, Tfloss, don't listen we love you and the work you do.

JK, I know who you were talking about.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How many times have you said that?

please just block him. I only see his name when people reply.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas for DE Alfred Collins.
    Yes!

Sorry just got home.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Coburn, Sweat, Ojomo, Broughton, Collins.

And if we can get Graham on track and have Ossai beast again only at DE...
    Not bad.

Sorry if I left anyone off that might feast on the DL.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This could have been a train wreck of a class given all the turnover.

Wont get away with this again Tom.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Coburn, Sweat, Ojomo, Broughton, Collins.

And if we can get Graham on track and have Ossai beast again only at DE...
    Not bad.

Sorry if I left anyone off that might feast on the DL.
    Going to a 4 man front our dline should look something like this.

SDE - Alfred Collins - I honestly think he is going to be a day 1 starter, he has a very unique skill set we don't have on the team.
    DT - Keondre Coburn - right now he is the best dlinemen on the team
    DT - Ta'quon Graham - Too slow for DE, but uber athletic for a DT with great size
    WDE - Joseph Ossai - He could be the next Brian Orakpo for Texas

Sweat, Broughton, and Ojomo will all get playing time at DT to create a very nice rotation. We are hurting at DE, we recruited DEs for a 3 man front and they are just not the right body type and ability for a 4 man front. Marcus Bimage is a good fit, but outside of him.

I will be watching 4 guys this spring to see where they are: Daniel Carson, Rob mins, Myron Warren, and Peter Mpagi. I'm hoping for 1 or two contributors, but I fear we might have 4 busts. All these guys were recruited to play DE in a 3 man front.

Going into the next recruiting cycle, we need to really recruit athletes for both DE and Linebacker, we are in dire need of athletes at those positions.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Going to a 4 man front our dline should look something like this.

SDE - Alfred Collins - I honestly think he is going to be a day 1 starter, he has a very unique skill set we don't have on the team.
    DT - Keondre Coburn - right now he is the best dlinemen on the team
    DT - Ta'quon Graham - Too slow for DE, but uber athletic for a DT with great size
    WDE - Joseph Ossai - He could be the next Brian Orakpo for Texas

Sweat, Broughton, and Ojomo will all get playing time at DT to create a very nice rotation. We are hurting at DE, we recruited DEs for a 3 man front and they are just not the right body type and ability for a 4 man front. Marcus Bimage is a good fit, but outside of him.

I will be watching 4 guys this spring to see where they are: Daniel Carson, Rob mins, Myron Warren, and Peter Mpagi. I'm hoping for 1 or two contributors, but I fear we might have 4 busts. All these guys were recruited to play DE in a 3 man front.

Going into the next recruiting cycle, we need to really recruit athletes for both DE and Linebacker, we are in dire need of athletes at those positions.
    I think this is why we did a good thing by recruiting athletic safeties. These guys can grow into spots as LBs or even DEs. Ideally we would recruit more positionally but getting a top 10 class after the turnover is crazy. In our conference the speed is gonna help. They have to be grooming Overshown to move to LB.

We are not a top team and will not have superior depth like Bama, Clemson, LSU, Ohio St.
    With our shortcomings in performance it’s an impossible task. Next to maybe Tennessee, we have got to be the best recruiting non performing team.

Rob mins is no longer with the team. He medically retired.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I'd say it was a strong likelihood; in recruiting, especially the challenges we've faced this year and for NSD2, not a lot is a foregone conclusion.
    I realize you're probably just expressing the general sentiment, but I personally looked at his signing as a significant victory. I wasn't going in really assuming strongly that it would be us (even if optimistic), so as a result i was stoked.

This could have been a train wreck of a class given all the turnover.

Wont get away with this again Tom.
    I agree; that said, considering all (turnover you mentioned, the disappointing season, etc), it was pretty darn successful. Finished in the 247 composite top ten despite having several less signees than any other team in that group, and also came in #5 in per-player average, even beating Ohio State there.

Very solid job considering, but i agree that Herman has very, very little room for significant errors in his Texas tenure. I still think he has the ability to win huge at Texas. Just less hyper-optimistic about that as I was prior to this year's season.

That has some exciting potential if Briles sticks around.

Arkansas needs something positive in the worst way.
    as someone who grew up with Arkansas as our biggest rival, it's been really weird to see how horrible they've been the last years. Never would have imagined it, really.
    'course, wouldn't have imagined we'd go thru another 10-year period similar to the mid-80s to mid-90s' swoon, but we have.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No Tulane, and now no Central Michigan for Duffey.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    On the 2021 class...Inside Texas mentioned today, at this time, they don't expect RB Brandon Campbell (Rosenberg Lamar Consolidated) or S JD Coffey III (Kennedale) to be in the class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    On the 2021 class...Inside Texas mentioned today, at this time, they don't expect RB Brandon Campbell (Rosenberg Lamar Consolidated) or S JD Coffey III (Kennedale) to be in the class.
    Did they mention why? Do they suck? Do they hate Texas? Do they hate puppies and Jesus?

Did they mention why? Do they suck? Do they hate Texas? Do they hate puppies and Jesus?
    Lol I was thinking something negative as well but honestly one probably sees the depth we’ll soon have at RB and the other probably doesn’t like we got rid of Naivar, his position coach.

DB is a loaded position in 2021 plenty to chose from. Also several RBS to chose from.

Thread Information