Page 2 of 164 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnson can't shoot well, he was not a good driver either in NCAA. Your not versatile cause your long and can pass ... Imo they have nothing in common. Banchero is better at pretty everything at the same age for me.

Griffin or Boozer is for the scoring PF and i don't want to bring in Chris Webber cause it's too high actually.
    Will agree to disagree…

I don’t even like J. Johnson but even I will admit that the whole reason he was highly regarded on this forum and other media was because of his advertised versatility: some semblance of an outside shot, athleticism, rebounding, passing, ability to guard some bigs and some smalls. I am not at all saying J. Johnson is on the same level as Banchero talent-wise, only that they play similar. To me, they are similar in the following ways: a modern C in a PF’s body, prefers interior scoring over perimeter and relies on athleticism to get most of their shots, strength is in transition/ going downhill, will need to be fed the ball in the NBA to score, not quick enough to stay on smaller players and not big enough to provide any interior presence, most blocks come from weakside.

where I will say they differ is that Paolo has moves in the post and Jalen has zero. Paolo likes to get the ball in the post and goes to work either through jab steps then a face up jumper or breaking down his man with spin moves or crossovers, and in that regard, he is more talented.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 11-14-2021 at 08:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His bag is ridiculous. This is a no brainer. I’m glad his team is losing, maybe this will cause him to be overlooked and he’ll be there wherever the Spurs land with their draft position.
    Yea I'm worried the spurs end up late lottery for some reason and he's out of our reach. Hoping the other kids are enough of a distraction from him. Think he's going to get more headlines during combine time unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    start looking at some second rounders, cause everyone should know this re ed franchise wont pick a guy that can actually play basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    start looking at some second rounders, cause everyone should know this re ed franchise wont pick a guy that can actually play basketball.

vassell,primo,kj and Murray dont look that bad broski

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice find, thanks for sharing.
    Hard to argue with him as a great pick for the Spurs, probably for anyone. If the Spurs sustain their current winning pct, that should keep them in the game to get him on draft day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A note about Trayce Jackson-Davis. I think he's a late lottery pick. If he develops a jump shot he's going to be a good starter in this league. Even if he doesn't, a potentially nice platoon guy who can block shots with the best of them. I don't think he's a star, but definitely wouldn't mind him on a team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct me if I am wrong but we don’t have our second round pick for the 2022 Draft? Which kinda sucks if true since it will be the highest second we would have used in a LONG time - I hope I am wrong though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me I agree Baldwin would be a great pick for us depending where we draft as he would be a GREAT stretch four for us. If we can get into 4 to 6 draft we got a chance at him or another big Jabari Smith. After that I would be looking at Collins who is a beast on defense but definitely will take some time to reach potential on the offensive side. Another kid is is Caleb Houston a SF who has a sweet stroke definitely worth a look.

After that some guys who intrigue me is Nikola Jovic a PF from Serbia who just plays Nasty he can be a really good point forward and does a little bit of everything and he is opposite of Luka the kid has Heart. Next would be Mouhamed Gueye who is a freak athlete would definitely need to play in G League a season or two but tons of possible upside.

Another kid who is going to try and be draft eligible is Shaedon Sharpe a SG who is projected to go number 2 in 2023 draft. Curious to see what people think of him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct me if I am wrong but we don’t have our second round pick for the 2022 Draft? Which kinda sucks if true since it will be the highest second we would have used in a LONG time - I hope I am wrong though.

Yes our second was dealt a long time ago to Utah for... Olivier Hanlan, the pick is now the Cavs property.

The spurs have Detroit pick tough.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baldwin. I like what I've seen. Would fit perfectly at the 4.

DJ
    Primo
    Vassell
    Baldwin
    Yak

I'm not hating that lineup. A mixture of shooting and defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see a lot of in-game highlights posted but that's secondary for the Spurs. I need to see character highlights. Show me a clip of these dudes helping at the homeless shelter and what not. That's where we'll find our next pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adam Flagler of Baylor will be our pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't know if this will impact banchero's stock any (unlikely that it will) but i do expect him to be suspended for multiple games.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...paolo-banchero

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good work duncan2150

i know it isn’t hard but it is time consuming getting al the info and starting a thread like this. Guys like you, Dejounte, timvp, etc… might not get a lot of props but I’m just letting you know you’re appreciated

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're Welcome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FYI

Patrick baldwin playing tonight on at 5pm / espn+

im gonna try to catch it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FYI

Patrick baldwin playing tonight on at 5pm / espn+

im gonna try to catch it
    i saw that he only had 13 points but they did play one of the top teams in the country and baldwin is the only decent player that the panther have. of course, i imagine that the spurs are on pace for a top five pick (maybe even top three) at this pace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i saw that he only had 13 points but they did play one of the top teams in the country and baldwin is the only decent player that the panther have. of course, i imagine that the spurs are on pace for a top five pick (maybe even top three) at this pace.
    Yeah, one player can’t carry a team. It’s the same cringe I get whenever I see people mention the win total as if it’s an indicator of Murray’s impact.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight now predicts that the Spurs will be in a coin flip for top five lottery pick.
    33-45, tied at 5th/6th with the Pelicans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight now predicts that the Spurs will be in a coin flip for top five lottery pick.
    33-45, tied at 5th/6th with the Pelicans.
    33 wins sounds optimistic!

i hate losing but man if we continue losing this season i truly hope when its all said and done we are in the bottom 3 worse records. my hope is we only last 1 year in this crappy position and somehow next year get better to at least make playoffs and then go from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    33 wins sounds optimistic!

i hate losing but man if we continue losing this season i truly hope when its all said and done we are in the bottom 3 worse records. my hope is we only last 1 year in this crappy position and somehow next year get better to at least make playoffs and then go from there.
    exactly. i can cope with one crappy year if the net result is significant development of at least two or three younger players, a high lottery pick and the addition of a free agent that can improve the roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest we need to tank a minimum of two years and get really lucky that our picks turn out to be legit. With the upcoming draft I believe we could definitely get our starting PF of the future. Go all in for Victor Wembanyama 7’2 Center with a 7’8 wingspan or Dereck Lively another 7 footer in 2023

This team needs a major infusion of talent one thing I have heard is that Shaedon Sharpe is going to try and come out in 2022 instead of 2023 draft where he is showing up as 2nd pick in that draft. Would you take another Canada kid or go with one of the PF/SF?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest we need to tank a minimum of two years and get really lucky that our picks turn out to be legit. With the upcoming draft I believe we could definitely get our starting PF of the future. Go all in for Victor Wembanyama 7’2 Center with a 7’8 wingspan or Dereck Lively another 7 footer in 2023

This team needs a major infusion of talent one thing I have heard is that Shaedon Sharpe is going to try and come out in 2022 instead of 2023 draft where he is showing up as 2nd pick in that draft. Would you take another Canada kid or go with one of the PF/SF?
    I read that the NBA was considering lowering the draft age and that Victor may be in the 2022 draft. Has anyone heard that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing I have heard is that the NBA and Union are in talks to lower draft age to 18 so that is a possibility. That would change some things definitely if that were to happen for top 10 players especially in this draft class.
    Last edited by BackHome; 11-21-2021 at 01:10 AM.

Thread Information