Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2186
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get it, but it is just one thread that is easily skipped over. It's not like when there were 100 Kawhi treads all on page one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why are you trying to reason with trump s... they're like christians trying to explain the old testament... "he really didn't say that", "it was a metaphor", "now this isn't a metaphor", the "1st jew translation didn't quite say that"...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said Democrats are worse than COVID for the Republic, don't try to walk it back now son.
    Dude is really proud of his little story.
    why are you trying to reason with trump s... they're like christians trying to explain the old testament... "he really didn't say that", "it was a metaphor", "now this isn't a metaphor", the "1st jew translation didn't quite say that"...
    3 leftist pile in. Can any of them engage the point? NO! Of course not, they just want to shout other ideas down... because they can't make a real argument against them.

Also, note the casual anti-semitism "1st jew translation". "Scratch a leftist, find an anti-smite"; it's been that way since the NASDP...

I suppose I should allow for the possibility that you're just too stupid to understand a straightforward statement (although if that's the case, whoever helped you log-on should really stop doing that...)

The statement was :

I'd phrase that a little differently. The Democrats are a much bigger danger to the Republic, than Kim Jong Un, Vladimir Putin, and CCP virus all put together. Some of us like a free country where we actually have cons utional rights...
    Let's see:

Kim Jong Un is busy dying. Even if he wasn't, he's a pissant dictator on the far side of the pacific ocean. The reason we care is that we have friends and treaty obligations in his vicinity. That makes him a -stain on the world, but it doesn't make him a danger to the Republic.

The CCP virus is probably going to kill less than 200,000 Americans. That lots of americans, but the CDC says 2,626,418 americans died in 2014. People have been dying in the Republic since day one; nobody every promised that a free republic would stop people from dying. As I have said, the 1918 Flu killed roughly 0.5% of the population, which would be 1.8 million today. That didn't damage the republic. We had a state election (Wisconsin) in the middle of the panic, without a e in the death rate... This plague will only endanger the republic if our political reaction is crazy... Which the Democrats apparently support: multi-year quarantine; lock down the economy and print money for years; let's take advantage of the crisis to kill the 2nd amendment, ban protest, limit free speech, and change the voting system...

Vlad, just like Kimmy, is an asshole. He's a dictator, but not a pissant one. He has done damage to the Republic. In this, he has been aided and abetted by the Democrat party. They passed russian disinformation into our intelligence organs, to use as a political attack tool. Then they prevented it being properly assessed (and rejeted) to in an attempt to discredit the other party - thus attacking our Republic. The Democrats (and their media allies) have spent the last 3 years attempting to use said disinformation to for a legitimately elected president out of power - thus attacking our Republic.

The Democrats, meanwhile, support what threat these 3 pose to our republic, for their own political gain. Without the Democrats doing this, these things would not be a significant threat to the Republic... The Democrats, as a party, have clearly decided that them being in charge of the country is more important than the preservation of the Cons ution (see the fact that they continue to hide from 5 straightforward questions).

As a Republic, we have lived with plagues (1918 flu). We have survived hostile foreign powers (USSR, WW2). We have survived loudmouth assholes in power (Andy Jackson). We have survived blatant racism in power (Woodrow Wilson (D) - resegregated the civil service). We have survived incompetence in power (Jimmy Carter - although that did take a Reagan to pull us out the hole). (Not that I'm convince that Don Trump is either incompetent or racist). We have survived economic collapses (1930, 2008). The closest we have come to losing the Republic? Civil War, where Democrats tried to separate, because they didn't like the basic principles of the Republic : "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" (my bolding). After that defeat, the Democrats were willing to put the Republic ahead of their political fortunes for a couple of centuries...but somewhere along the way, they stopped doing that. Now people are talking about another Civil War...

I am not, actually, a committed republican. Certainly not a Trump devotee. I do however, recognize that all elections, are a matter of picking the least possible evil. That means a) not burning votes on hopeless causes, and b) voting for the best realistic outcome available. Until their's either a) a return to sanity by the democrat party, or b) a viable third party, that means voting republican in general elections... Note that I haven't cast a vote for Don Trump in a primary yet, nor do I ever expect to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 leftist pile in. Can any of them engage the point? NO! Of course not, they just want to shout other ideas down... because they can't make a real argument against them.

Also, note the casual anti-semitism "1st jew translation". "Scratch a leftist, find an anti-smite"; it's been that way since the NASDP...

I suppose I should allow for the possibility that you're just too stupid to understand a straightforward statement (although if that's the case, whoever helped you log-on should really stop doing that...)

The statement was :

Let's see:

Kim Jong Un is busy dying. Even if he wasn't, he's a pissant dictator on the far side of the pacific ocean. The reason we care is that we have friends and treaty obligations in his vicinity. That makes him a -stain on the world, but it doesn't make him a danger to the Republic.

The CCP virus is probably going to kill less than 200,000 Americans. That lots of americans, but the CDC says 2,626,418 americans died in 2014. People have been dying in the Republic since day one; nobody every promised that a free republic would stop people from dying. As I have said, the 1918 Flu killed roughly 0.5% of the population, which would be 1.8 million today. That didn't damage the republic. We had a state election (Wisconsin) in the middle of the panic, without a e in the death rate... This plague will only endanger the republic if our political reaction is crazy... Which the Democrats apparently support: multi-year quarantine; lock down the economy and print money for years; let's take advantage of the crisis to kill the 2nd amendment, ban protest, limit free speech, and change the voting system...

Vlad, just like Kimmy, is an asshole. He's a dictator, but not a pissant one. He has done damage to the Republic. In this, he has been aided and abetted by the Democrat party. They passed russian disinformation into our intelligence organs, to use as a political attack tool. Then they prevented it being properly assessed (and rejeted) to in an attempt to discredit the other party - thus attacking our Republic. The Democrats (and their media allies) have spent the last 3 years attempting to use said disinformation to for a legitimately elected president out of power - thus attacking our Republic.

The Democrats, meanwhile, support what threat these 3 pose to our republic, for their own political gain. Without the Democrats doing this, these things would not be a significant threat to the Republic... The Democrats, as a party, have clearly decided that them being in charge of the country is more important than the preservation of the Cons ution (see the fact that they continue to hide from 5 straightforward questions).

As a Republic, we have lived with plagues (1918 flu). We have survived hostile foreign powers (USSR, WW2). We have survived loudmouth assholes in power (Andy Jackson). We have survived blatant racism in power (Woodrow Wilson (D) - resegregated the civil service). We have survived incompetence in power (Jimmy Carter - although that did take a Reagan to pull us out the hole). (Not that I'm convince that Don Trump is either incompetent or racist). We have survived economic collapses (1930, 2008). The closest we have come to losing the Republic? Civil War, where Democrats tried to separate, because they didn't like the basic principles of the Republic : "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" (my bolding). After that defeat, the Democrats were willing to put the Republic ahead of their political fortunes for a couple of centuries...but somewhere along the way, they stopped doing that. Now people are talking about another Civil War...

I am not, actually, a committed republican. Certainly not a Trump devotee. I do however, recognize that all elections, are a matter of picking the least possible evil. That means a) not burning votes on hopeless causes, and b) voting for the best realistic outcome available. Until their's either a) a return to sanity by the democrat party, or b) a viable third party, that means voting republican in general elections... Note that I haven't cast a vote for Don Trump in a primary yet, nor do I ever expect to do so.
    LMAO it's cute when Trump s claim to be independents. Also LOL that "You said Democrats are worse than COVID for the Republic" is somehow strawmanning "The Democrats are a much bigger danger to the Republic, than Kim Jong Un, Vladimir Putin, and CCP virus all put together." Not reading your stupid filibuster. Go your mother some more.

Also LOL calling ElNono a leftist.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 04-26-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The statement was :

Let's see:

Sorry, I still don't see your "threat to the Republic" from your questions five.

I'm not doing a homework assignment so just come out and say what point you think you're making with your questions five.

Your assumptions were incredibly ill informed. So start over with those, OK? I'll let you know when you're warmer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO it's cute when Trump s claim to be independents. Also LOL that "You said Democrats are worse than COVID for the Republic" is somehow strawmanning "The Democrats are a much bigger danger to the Republic, than Kim Jong Un, Vladimir Putin, and CCP virus all put together." Not reading your stupid filibuster. Go your mother some more.
    I can almost see his fist pump when he clicked post reply.

Take THAT, commies!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can almost see his fist pump when he clicked post reply.

Take THAT, commies!
    Let's parrot Dinesh D'Souza to show we're really independents!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's parrot Dinesh D'Souza to show we're really independents!
    DID YOU KNOW THAT OUR CONFEDERATE HEROES WERE DEMOCRATS????

oh wait....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DID YOU KNOW THAT OUR CONFEDERATE HEROES WERE DEMOCRATS????

oh wait....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those elections clearly picked the dumbest, the most divisive of all and clearly a danger for the republic. I hope that you can see that a country cannot continue forever with a minority ripping all the benefits creating by the majority?

A return to sanity by the democrat party? The republican party has become nearly fascist, the USA have never been such a joke for the rest of the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those elections clearly picked the dumbest, the most divisive of all and clearly a danger for the republic. I hope that you can see that a country cannot continue forever with a minority ripping all the benefits creating by the majority?

A return to sanity by the democrat party? The republican party has become nearly fascist, the USA have never been such a joke for the rest of the world.
    Nearly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also LOL calling ElNono a leftist.
    lef s everywhere! why waste your time with the cult member?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, it's been absolutely clear that a lot of the publicly released modeling has been absolute garbage (2.2 Million dead, WTF?). He may have panicked. It's impossible to prove with any certainty, but a nationwide shutdown may not have been justified; handling it state by state might have been more appropriate (and definitely less economically damaging).

USA Intel - warned the WH in November - after intercepting Chinese comms...Trump sat on that info and did zero - maybe because he owes China over 200 million. Feb 25th - CDC chief - warned the WH of the pandemic and how our lives would change - Trump responded by golfing, holding rallies, calling the virus a Dem hoax - and to top it all off - he FIRED that CDC chief because her warnings were "alarmist!"
    Then he installed Pence in her place - because this way - no alarmist info would get out - ONLY the propaganda that Trump wanted out - saving lives - what mattered was Trumps re-election

If he'd learned the mask lesson: everybody masks...N95 is nice (save them for healthcare personnel/emergency responders), but not a requirement, from Taiwan/South Korea/Hong Kong, we'd have been much better off, IMO.

So he ed up on the masks - fair enough. He also had 3 years to stock the stockpile - but instead he fired Obamas pandemic team that was gift-wrapped to him because - you know - black guy...

He runs his mouth a lot, but a) he's always done that, and b) he is trying to fight a political war, with a national press that's more interested in pulling him down than helping the country.

Lame excuses and whataboutism - if he acted like an adult and like a president - he would not be at war with the media - just look at the President who was treated the worst in history - yup the black one!

You could say he didn't have the vision to understand what was coming, but he did react quite quickly (for a US gov't). Stating that this was wrong though, needs to be put in perspective - I can't say that I see Hillary Clinton seeing what was coming either; she who tried to run up margins in California, rather than campaign in Michigan...

He was briefed in November. Oh yeah - by the USA intel - yup - the same outfit Trump called the deep state because they discovered he was in cahoots with Russia - so of course - being that Trump is the LAST honest person in America - EVERYONE from dems/fbi/cia/nsa/congress/etc - is just a damn liar -

oh yeah and HRC? Yup she skipped michigan - you know who knew that fact AHEAD of time? Russia. Yup - when Russia/wikileaks stole HRC's campaign strategy and then Manafort and Gates delivered it to Kilimnik - in a cafe. Yup - that same strategy that Russia was nice enough to steal - and to tell Trump team, "hey buddy - HRC is planning to maximize time in these states - but is not planning to visit Michigan - so you can tailor your campaign around that and around what other useful info you get from this stolen campaign strategy we got for you!" Russia was also nice enough to call that nazi running trumps digital campaign (Parscale) and gave him a heads up, "hey Herr Parscale - maybe you can get with right wing media - and as soon as Trump steals the election - we have some ready-made russian propaganda responses for you like - [so was it trumps fault that HRC did not visit Michigan?] or this one [you think a few facebook ads changed votes?] OR [I dont need a facebook ad to tell me Hillary is running a pedo ring in a pizza parlor]...it works for Putin all the time, buddy
    !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going through the first few pages of this thread with Monday's newspaper is insightful. Some of my personal favorite takes;

Check the ages of deaths. 25 percent of italy smokes. 25 percent of italy is over 65. Italians GREET EACHOTHER BY KISSING ON THE CHEEK
    We're up to 27 deaths. A few more and we could pass a holiday weekend in Chicago. Quick go buy water and toilet paper. 34,000 people died from the flu last year but now it's time to panic.
    WOW BRO 39 PEOPLE DIED BRO SHUT DOWN THE WORLD ECONOMY BRO!!!!!
    Looks like the US, sadly, wasn't as invulnerable as projected by delusional Americans. Stay strong, stay safe, and stay inside, everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going through the first few pages of this thread with Monday's newspaper is insightful. Some of my personal favorite takes;

Looks like the US, sadly, wasn't as invulnerable as projected by delusional Americans. Stay strong, stay safe, and stay inside, everyone.
    And all it took to know how much danger the US was in was a high school education, specifically knowing how an exponential function works. It's not like any of us sounding the warning weren't stating something completely obvious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And all it took to know how much danger the US was in was a high school education, specifically knowing how an exponential function works. It's not like any of us sounding the warning weren't stating something completely obvious.
    I'm a willfully ignorant rube when it comes to math, but I can see curves on a graph and know when to start ting myself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberate San Antonio!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just think how much worse things would be in Obama’s America.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we saw how he handled SARS before, much better than Trump. Thanks for reminding us.

Bandwaggoner since '73 stepmonkey's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do sometimes wistfully think how much better off we would be were any other person in charge other than Trump. There are few people (even amongst politicians) less equipped to handle this.

What I really like to think about is if Obama (or any Dem) was in charge. I imagine they made every decision exactly the same as Trump has. Fox News is all over Trump's nuts on his handling of the pandemic. Almost granting him sainthood. A Dem in charge making the exact same decisions would be excoriated by Fox and all the little Trump nutters on this forum. They would be apoplectic with rage over the number of deaths. But Dumb Donald is a genius. Haha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about ANY Dem is that they UNDERSTAND that they DON'T understand. They're not pandemic experts, so they leave the expertise to the experts, and follow their advice. Also, they wouldn't recommend injecting disinfectants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we saw how he handled SARS before, much better than Trump. Thanks for reminding us.
    SARS was under Bush. Get your facts straight, lib!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about ANY Dem is that they UNDERSTAND that they DON'T understand. They're not pandemic experts, so they leave the expertise to the experts, and follow their advice. Also, they wouldn't recommend injecting disinfectants.
    How can you be so sure injecting disinfectant won’t work? Have you tried it? All you libs knocking on something before you try it just because your precious “experts” are told to say it’s bad because orange man said it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you be so sure injecting disinfectant won’t work? Have you tried it? All you libs knocking on something before you try it just because your precious “experts” are told to say it’s bad because orange man said it.
    Please try and report back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please try and report back
    A double dose, just to be sure you eradicate the virus, Bobo.

Thread Information