Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta hand it to dabom, underrated poster that called it a while ago, tbh... he saw Murray's potential before anyone else... one of the low-key, better posters lately...

The question now is what do we do with Tony coming back? Do you deflate DJ's momentum, or you ask Tony to take Patty's mins off the bench, and the ensuing ego bruise...

Does it even make sense pulling the corporate knowledge card with the kid playing at this level? Kid already sat down for a year, and you can tell he's been working hard on his game.

Also, will he and LMA be as effective once Kawhi returns and commands a lot of the ball? I really like what I see from this kid, and unlike other prospects (see: Fathead), I think he looks pretty ready for a bigger role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    low key

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Brodie Lite!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "called it"
    da /apali throws darts at everything!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking when T.P. comes back and Murray is playing solid, slide the kid over to the 2guard...but hold up now Danny Green's playing awesome (he's actually putting it on the floor) guess it's not a bad situation to have.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesn't mater who starts, TP's minutes will be limited, Murray will get the rest. just send Mills to DLeague to work on his game, needs to learn 1 or 2 PG abilities

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simple. You trade Mills when Parker comes back.

Might have to lose a pick or two though... smh PATFO

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is this "Tony" person you are referring to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a good thing the Spurs culture breeds professionals that only care about the W (outside of one guy). If Parker and Patty take a backseat in role get less minutes, I expect them to handle it with class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depth is a good problem to have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have Parker and Mills fight for minutes like any team does with bench players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd start Murray if he keeps this up.

But the more salient question is what will Pop do? And the answer is start Parker.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no ing way Parker is coming back soon at a reasonable level. He tore his in quad tendon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depth is a good problem to have
    Not when expendable depth gets paid 50 million the next 4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wait to see what Tony will get paid on his contract extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta hand it to dabom, underrated poster that called it a while ago, tbh... he saw Murray's potential before anyone else... one of the low-key, better posters lately...

The question now is what do we do with Tony coming back? Do you deflate DJ's momentum, or you ask Tony to take Patty's mins off the bench, and the ensuing ego bruise...

Does it even make sense pulling the corporate knowledge card with the kid playing at this level? Kid already sat down for a year, and you can tell he's been working hard on his game.

Also, will he and LMA be as effective once Kawhi returns and commands a lot of the ball? I really like what I see from this kid, and unlike other prospects (see: Fathead), I think he looks pretty ready for a bigger role.
    I've been a harsh critic of Murray's and deservedly so. He was abysmal in the Summer and played as though he was en led. He also spent more time in the gym taking selfies and talking about greatness rather than working on his still non-existent jump shot.

For three games, THREE GAMES, he has played very well and shut people like me up. --> A fact that makes me very happy. I will gladly eat crow and be quiet if he continues to improve, hit the boards and contribute.

However, its way too early to talk of him taking over this team. Let's talk about this after a couple of months and see what type of numbers he is putting up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wait to see what Tony will get paid on his contract extension.
    They can't be overly generous. They will have to pay Kawhi, and also have some guys who will be FA. (Danny, Rudy Gay, Anderson, Joff, Bertans, Forbes). Not all of them will be back sure, but the Spurs also can't replace all of them with cheap prospects in order to pay Tony.

So, something's going to have to give next summer.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If Murray is the future of the franchise at that position then they should let him start and have TP take bench minutes while he fully recovers. Murray knows this is his moment if he's to play starting minutes going forward. I can see TP mentoring him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First see if tony is still a nba level player when he comes back.

If he still is and Murray keeps up then give the starting job to Murray with 20 mpg and split the the rest between tony and mills and maybe give them some minutes at the 2 off the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think PATFO has had a rough time mentally dealing with Tims retirement and Manu's potential retirement as a yearly thing at this point. Tim retired and they gave out the Pau deal, which they have doubled down on. And Tony getting injured with Manu potentially retiring over the summer, made them overvalue the importance of Mills as a glue guy and chemistry leader. PATFO couldn't face the prospect of Manu retiring, on top of Tony being injured and out for a good chunk of the season and then losing Mills. they just couldn't do it, that is why they resigned him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been a harsh critic of Murray's and deservedly so. He was abysmal in the Summer and played as though he was en led. He also spent more time in the gym taking selfies and talking about greatness rather than working on his still non-existent jump shot.

For three games, THREE GAMES, he has played very well and shut people like me up. --> A fact that makes me very happy. I will gladly eat crow and be quiet if he continues to improve, hit the boards and contribute.

However, its way too early to talk of him taking over this team. Let's talk about this after a couple of months and see what type of numbers he is putting up.
    he's a kid. they all take selfies. He's working, getting good marks from the vets on the team, etc.

We don't know how much he is working on his jumper. There's no use in being a harsh critic of someone if you don't know all the facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First see if tony is still a nba level player when he comes back.

If he still is and Murray keeps up then give the starting job to Murray with 20 mpg and split the the rest between tony and mills and maybe give them some minutes at the 2 off the bench
    good reasonable plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deport OP

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too early to say what happens when Parker comes back, Murray has to be consistent, can he truly continue to get 7 rebounds a game. His jumpshot sill needs work,but his efforrt and energy is very impressive. I would suspect the coaching staff takes their time with activating Parker. He believes can return in late Nove/early December. I would bet if Muray I still playing well, he will be pushed back to late December/early January.

Thread Information