Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kirby and the Forgotten Land coming out tomorrow.
    I played the demo and it was pretty enjoyable. Looking forward to something that I know will be well done and reasonably long.
    Bend over, I'll give you reasonably long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kirby and the Forgotten Land coming out tomorrow.
    I played the demo and it was pretty enjoyable. Looking forward to something that I know will be well done and reasonably long.
    Bend over, I'll give you reasonably long.
    Meh. It's really well done and the world's and characters are great, just like the other big Nintendo franchises. But it's pretty easy. Maybe that was to be expected from a Kirby game (I've never played one before).
    That being said, it's fun enough where I'll probably go back and try to finish the side quests.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BOTW 2 delayed until Spring 2023

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knew that was gonna happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knew that was gonna happen
    Yeah if you're not making October or November you pretty much have to wait for March or April since a December release is too late for Christmas shopping and January & February people don't want to spend after Christmas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah if you're not making October or November you pretty much have to wait for March or April since a December release is too late for Christmas shopping and January & February people don't want to spend after Christmas.
    Yup. Next spring will also be 6 years after the Switch was released. They could do what they did with BOTW and release it on the Switch and the next console. We shall see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Next spring will also be 6 years after the Switch was released. They could do what they did with BOTW and release it on the Switch and the next console. We shall see.
    I strongly doubt we get a new Switch in 2023. Nintendo is still using ancient 16nm production from 2016 and the original Switches before Mariko (eg the red box Switches) were on 20nm lithography from 2014. They'll need to move to TSMC's 7nm process to have any hope of getting to say PS4 Slim level power, and TSMC 7nm is really expensive to manufacture chips on right now since it's what every AMD gpu is on, every AMD cpu, every expensive Nvidia professional card (their gaming cards are on Samsung 8nm which sucks for power consumption and thus isn't an option for Switch), PS5, and the XBox Series consoles. Capacity on TSMC 7nm is very hard to come by right now and won't be economical for Nintendo until all the big players move to TSMC 5nm. Could be waiting until the PS5 Slim and 5nm XBoxes come out before 7nm TSMC gets cheap enough for Nintendo to manufacture on, as Nintendo will not take losses or break even on hardware like Sony and Microsoft are willing to.

Even worse if Nintendo can't get PS4 level performance in 15 Watts until 5nm.

Doubt we see a new Switch for a while, and I bet the next Switch will just be an iteration of the current one, with higher clockspeeds and a gpu with more transistors, but still fully compatible with current gen Switch games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I strongly doubt we get a new Switch in 2023. Nintendo is still using ancient 16nm production from 2016 and the original Switches before Mariko (eg the red box Switches) were on 20nm lithography from 2014. They'll need to move to TSMC's 7nm process to have any hope of getting to say PS4 Slim level power, and TSMC 7nm is really expensive to manufacture chips on right now since it's what every AMD gpu is on, every AMD cpu, every expensive Nvidia professional card (their gaming cards are on Samsung 8nm which sucks for power consumption and thus isn't an option for Switch), PS5, and the XBox Series consoles. Capacity on TSMC 7nm is very hard to come by right now and won't be economical for Nintendo until all the big players move to TSMC 5nm. Could be waiting until the PS5 Slim and 5nm XBoxes come out before 7nm TSMC gets cheap enough for Nintendo to manufacture on, as Nintendo will not take losses or break even on hardware like Sony and Microsoft are willing to.

Even worse if Nintendo can't get PS4 level performance in 15 Watts until 5nm.

Doubt we see a new Switch for a while, and I bet the next Switch will just be an iteration of the current one, with higher clockspeeds and a gpu with more transistors, but still fully compatible with current gen Switch games.
    I was going off their averages over the past 20 or so years. It was 5 years from Gamecube to Wii, 5 years from Wii to Wii U, and 5 years from Wii U to Switch. I agree that they'll probably just introduce a beefier switch, like everyone thought they'd be doing last year until it was just the OLED version. Nintendo gave up on the graphics race years ago during the GC era, which I'm fine with. I long ago stopped giving a about how real a game looks; I just want some to entertain me. Plus now that the 3ds is put out to pasture, I'm guessing Nintendo will probably just focus on a hybrid like the switch from here on out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going off their averages over the past 20 or so years. It was 5 years from Gamecube to Wii, 5 years from Wii to Wii U, and 5 years from Wii U to Switch. I agree that they'll probably just introduce a beefier switch, like everyone thought they'd be doing last year until it was just the OLED version. Nintendo gave up on the graphics race years ago during the GC era, which I'm fine with. I long ago stopped giving a about how real a game looks; I just want some to entertain me. Plus now that the 3ds is put out to pasture, I'm guessing Nintendo will probably just focus on a hybrid like the switch from here on out
    This is going to be a super long Switch gen, throw that five years out the window now, Nintendo is acting like they're only halfway through the Switch generation. I think Switch needs an upgrade bad, for instance Hyrule Warriors was a great looking game in the previews but Switch just doesn't have the hardware to run a game like that well unless it's Nintendo developing it in-house. Xenoblade 2 also runs like crap. Dragon Quest XI S looks really bad on it too despite it not being that graphically intense a game. I'm worried about Switch's second half of its life being like the Wii's where it's way too underpowered to get interesting 3rd party exclusive games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is going to be a super long Switch gen, throw that five years out the window now, Nintendo is acting like they're only halfway through the Switch generation. I think Switch needs an upgrade bad, for instance Hyrule Warriors was a great looking game in the previews but Switch just doesn't have the hardware to run a game like that well unless it's Nintendo developing it in-house. Xenoblade 2 also runs like crap. Dragon Quest XI S looks really bad on it too despite it not being that graphically intense a game. I'm worried about Switch's second half of its life being like the Wii's where it's way too underpowered to get interesting 3rd party exclusive games.
    I honestly think they're going to keep some sort of rendition of the switch on the market for years to come, like the DS style but longer. But yes, they desperately need to upgrade the internals. When even some of the launch games of the Switch were on the struggle bus, you gotta upgrade that . I do hope they update it to not scare away other developers like you said, but it is Nintendo and they're in weird when it comes to stuff like this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. It's really well done and the world's and characters are great, just like the other big Nintendo franchises. But it's pretty easy. Maybe that was to be expected from a Kirby game (I've never played one before).
    That being said, it's fun enough where I'll probably go back and try to finish the side quests.
    Addendum...this game's better than my original, "meh". There's enough stuff to do after you finish the game. Going back to older levels is actually pretty fun since I didn't spend a ton of time playing through them the first run through.

But still, I see the consensus rating as somewhere around 8 or 9 out of 10. Mario Odyssey is a clear 10. To think that Kirby is just a step or two below is kind of ridiculous. If the only guideline I have to compare it to is Odyssey, the Kirby is like a 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.ign.com/articles/breath-...le-experts-say
    Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 Might Be Too Big for the Nintendo Switch, Experts Say
    Could Breath of the Wild 2 be another cross-gen le?

Will The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 launch on an as-yet unrevealed Nintendo console? Some tech experts are theorizing that could be the case based on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2's most recent round of footage.

Over on Digital Foundry (first reported by GamesRadar), Richard Leadbetter, John Linneman, and Alex Battaglia dissected the most recent Breath of the Wild 2 footage, pointing out a couple of details that suggest the next big Zelda game might be too big to perform on the current Switch hardware.

"This trailer was interesting because the image quality seemed quite good, I think," Linneman said. "I was a little bit surprised by how sharp and clear this looked compared to the original in general."

Battaglia dove into specifics, saying that the "volumetric clouds" present in the footage would be hard for the current 2017 Switch to pull off, while camera cuts with perfect anti-aliasing are something even the Xbox Series X struggles with.

"It could be the next Switch, it could be just that they rendered out a trailer on higher resolution and higher settings," Battaglia said.

However, the guys were quick to point out that Nintendo generally doesn't release trailers at a higher quality than the final product, with one exception being the draw distance for the original Breath of the Wild.

It's worth noting that the original Breath of the Wild was developed as a Wii U game, so a visual bump can be expected for the sequel, which is currently only slated for Switch. That being said, it wouldn't be the first time a major 3D Zelda le launched across platforms, with Twilight Princess coming to GameCube and Wii, and Breath of the Wild serving as the swan song for Wii U and the killer launch le for Switch.

Switch Pro rumors have been swirling on the internet for years. Still, since the original Switch launched in 2017, Nintendo has not released a more powerful model of the console. The biggest update came with last October's Switch OLED Model, which served as an upgrade for players who primarily use handheld or tabletop mode.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 was recently delayed to Spring 2023. When announcing the delay, Zelda Producer Eiji Aounuma said "in order to make this game's experience something special, the entire development team is continuing to work diligently on this game, so please wait a while longer."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.ign.com/articles/breath-...le-experts-say
    Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 Might Be Too Big for the Nintendo Switch, Experts Say
    Could Breath of the Wild 2 be another cross-gen le?

Will The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 launch on an as-yet unrevealed Nintendo console? Some tech experts are theorizing that could be the case based on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2's most recent round of footage.

Over on Digital Foundry (first reported by GamesRadar), Richard Leadbetter, John Linneman, and Alex Battaglia dissected the most recent Breath of the Wild 2 footage, pointing out a couple of details that suggest the next big Zelda game might be too big to perform on the current Switch hardware.

"This trailer was interesting because the image quality seemed quite good, I think," Linneman said. "I was a little bit surprised by how sharp and clear this looked compared to the original in general."

Battaglia dove into specifics, saying that the "volumetric clouds" present in the footage would be hard for the current 2017 Switch to pull off, while camera cuts with perfect anti-aliasing are something even the Xbox Series X struggles with.

"It could be the next Switch, it could be just that they rendered out a trailer on higher resolution and higher settings," Battaglia said.

However, the guys were quick to point out that Nintendo generally doesn't release trailers at a higher quality than the final product, with one exception being the draw distance for the original Breath of the Wild.

It's worth noting that the original Breath of the Wild was developed as a Wii U game, so a visual bump can be expected for the sequel, which is currently only slated for Switch. That being said, it wouldn't be the first time a major 3D Zelda le launched across platforms, with Twilight Princess coming to GameCube and Wii, and Breath of the Wild serving as the swan song for Wii U and the killer launch le for Switch.

Switch Pro rumors have been swirling on the internet for years. Still, since the original Switch launched in 2017, Nintendo has not released a more powerful model of the console. The biggest update came with last October's Switch OLED Model, which served as an upgrade for players who primarily use handheld or tabletop mode.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 was recently delayed to Spring 2023. When announcing the delay, Zelda Producer Eiji Aounuma said "in order to make this game's experience something special, the entire development team is continuing to work diligently on this game, so please wait a while longer."
    Welp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well...this is something. This combined with the Portal 1/2 releases is fairly exciting.

Metroid Prime Games Are Coming To Nintendo Switch - Report

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/metroid-prime-games-are-coming-to-nintendo-switch-report/1100-6504912/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well...this is something. This combined with the Portal 1/2 releases is fairly exciting.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/metroid-prime-games-are-coming-to-nintendo-switch-report/1100-6504912/
    These games have been getting teased for Switch for years lol, I'm over the idea now. There's a Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 8AM BTW, but it's for third party games. Persona series finally coming to Switch is the big rumor for tomorrow. LOL if it's not Persona 5 Royal though. But Atlus is that stupid with the platforms it picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn if you're only a Switch gamer, NieR Automata on October 6th is a real banger. One of 11 games I have ever played that I'd rate a perfect 10/10. I can't recommend this game enough. Really fun fast paced combat, one of the most memorable stories I have ever experienced in gaming, either the best or second best soundtrack I have ever heard (with Persona 5 Royal being the other), and a lot of content, though not an RPG you'd need to drop 80-200 hours into to finish. This is one of the rare masterpieces released, and was my last 10/10 game I had played (released March 2017 for PS4/PC) until Elden Ring back in February.

Also, speaking of Persona 5 Royal

If you like turn based RPG at all then P5R will be a must buy on October 21st. The other two I'd wait to see if you like P5R, and if you do, they're highly worth getting too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Switch just got Portal 1 and 2 also, available now. About ing time, god those are amazing games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Blanc looks really good too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh posted the wrong video for Blanc. Slow ass website wouldn't let me edit it in time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh posted the wrong video for Blanc. Slow ass website wouldn't let me edit it in time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Switch just got Portal 1 and 2 also, available now. About ing time, god those are amazing games.
    Damn...I thought it was going to be much later this year. I never played the first. Looking forward to this.
    Thanks for the reco on Automat. Will check that out as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the controls are tight. When I first played Portal 2, it was on a desktop with a trackball and seemed ideal. Later I rented it and played it on my kids XBox and it was way more difficult with the controls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn...I thought it was going to be much later this year. I never played the first. Looking forward to this.
    Thanks for the reco on Automat. Will check that out as well.
    Bought this yesterday. $20 is a heck of a deal. I started with Portal 1 (which I had never played). It was fun but the writing and puzzles aren't even close to Portal 2. Maybe when I finish it, I'll have a different opinion. But as soon as Portal 2 downloaded, I switched over. It is two separate downloads. 2 is just so smooth. Controls were fine. Puzzles build at a progressively harder level but nothing to make you quit. If you stick with it, you'll find the answer. Also, the billboards before each level help. Great game. Still 10/10. Even though I finished it years ago, it still seems fresh. Hasn't lost anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just loaded the N64 online on the Switch to play Starfox 64. Still fun as to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just loaded the N64 online on the Switch to play Starfox 64. Still fun as to me.
    Bayonetta 3 got rated by the ESRB which means it will be releasing soon.

Thread Information