Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha I wonder if Ja Morant even knows who Primo is.
    Unlikely. But Primo knows everything about Ja, including the specific whiff of his ass as he flew past him as though he wasn't even there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some scout says he’d go in the second round if he was in this years draft
    Brilliant move by pop
    And I ain’t got nothing agin the kid
    Wich scouts lol ? that doesn't make any sense since he would have been in NCAA and you never know what could happen ...

Not sold on him actually but he's far from being a samanic type of player ( lazy, no motor...).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless he develops a skill at his age very few ppl ever do, then he's capped at being a shooter for us. Which we need desperately. But it doesn't take away that he was a reach.
    He’s the only player on our roster with a reverse crossover step back three pointer. That’s a valuable skill in today’s NBA, the ability to create your own three pointer.

Of course he was a reach. It’s something the Spurs are going to have to do over and over until they hit one. The more clarity you have on a late lottery pick, the less likely they are to become a star. If that clarity says Star, they’re going in the first few picks. Otherwise, you likely have a nice support player. We have those already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs front office still believes Primo will be a star. We ought believe them because they’re the best front office in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bunch of es who nags on their boyfriends. Primo is a 2-3 years project who was a swing-over-the-fence type of pick. Yes he makes rookie mistakes but Primo is never rattled easily, and that’s plenty for his age. I think he has the mental toughness and bball IQ, the physique to be a great player. I’m excited to see what he brings this Summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wich scouts lol ? that doesn't make any sense since he would have been in NCAA and you never know what could happen ...

Not sold on him actually but he's far from being a samanic type of player ( lazy, no motor...).
    Mr. Ellis posted a twit or something in a thread here or in another draft thread

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless he develops a skill at his age very few ppl ever do, then he's capped at being a shooter for us. Which we need desperately. But it doesn't take away that he was a reach.
    I disagree. I see him turning into a more confident version of Derrick White with a better shot. He showed some great defensive flashes and court vision. That is a of a player, and frankly one that has the potential to take over the reigns if/when DJM moves on from SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Two weeks ago on page 4
    See Mr Ellis post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looked like one of those: “Welcome to the grown men league rookie” — moments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlikely. But Primo knows everything about Ja, including the specific whiff of his ass as he flew past him as though he wasn't even there.
    That is what caught my eye, as if he wasn’t even there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two weeks ago on page 4
    See Mr Ellis post
    again without seeing the post, imo that doesn't make any sense. Primo did not play with bama so nobody knows what his season would have been in NCAA....

it's pure speculation in my opinion

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo actually tested well in agility and vert in the combine. You can see it on his defense. Offensively it is harder to eye test because the ball handling and strength is not there yet. He is not slow and ground bound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    again without seeing the post, imo that doesn't make any sense. Primo did not play with bama so nobody knows what his season would have been in NCAA....

it's pure speculation in my opinion
    Yep speculation according to an expert in the field
    Not u some sort of jackwagon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo actually tested well in agility and vert in the combine. You can see it on his defense. Offensively it is harder to eye test because the ball handling and strength is not there yet. He is not slow and ground bound.
    I don't think anyone is saying he his slow but his quickness is what seems to be in question. There is a big difference between speed and quickness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But yeah, timvp posted a text conversation with a scout who directly said he thought Primo would be a second-rounder right now. The scout is supposedly employed be an NBA team, but we don't know how well their insight tracks with reality.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl with no vertical lift.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep speculation according to an expert in the field
    Not u some sort of jackwagon
    Ok if you have a better argument you're welcome lool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But yeah, timvp posted a text conversation with a scout who directly said he thought Primo would be a second-rounder right now. The scout is supposedly employed be an NBA team, but we don't know how well their insight tracks with reality.
    I trust more ST posters who actually watch every single Spurs game (and Austin) than any NBA scouts tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo had a pretty good lane agility time, but not elite at all. He finished near the bottom in the shuttle run and 3/4 sprint.

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb...TY_TIME&dir=-1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s the only player on our roster with a reverse crossover step back three pointer. That’s a valuable skill in today’s NBA, the ability to create your own three pointer.

Of course he was a reach. It’s something the Spurs are going to have to do over and over until they hit one. The more clarity you have on a late lottery pick, the less likely they are to become a star. If that clarity says Star, they’re going in the first few picks. Otherwise, you likely have a nice support player. We have those already.
    Yes, I agree on most of this. But I really wish they had seen he was likely going to be limited to a perimeter and likely midrange game. For a reach like that you want a player that isn't limited getting to the hole, ESPECIALLY if the plan is for him to be a ball handler. Now that may change some in year 2, but that were clearly trying to make him a 2 guard, if not a 1, at minimum.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ogbaji is better than Primo.

Kansas doesn't win if Primo was exchanged with Ogbaji in the tournament.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. I see him turning into a more confident version of Derrick White with a better shot. He showed some great defensive flashes and court vision. That is a of a player, and frankly one that has the potential to take over the reigns if/when DJM moves on from SA.
    Kindly show me the game tape where he beat a single one of his defenders to the rack (when not on a put back or a close out). If you want him to replace DJ, then youre saying he's a point guard. Does any other team have a starting point guard that doesn’t at least occasionally beat his man (besides 38 yr old, but still very crafty Chris Paul)?

No man. He's not a guard, point or shooting. He's a wing player. And he might just turn into one of a wing player and if his handles and explosiveness improve by a wide margin, maybe a shooting guard down the road. But he'll never by a DJ replacement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone is saying he his slow but his quickness is what seems to be in question. There is a big difference between speed and quickness.
    I'm saying he's slow, he was referencing my post.

And he's slow with the ball, or rather, can't get a step on defenders most of the time without a pick, he just gets stood up. If he doesn't start with an advantage it's hard for him. And I definitely don't like his lack of vertical pop. He had a few open dunks where he stretches out and still nearly catches rim, but other than the odd reverse coming in from the corner, I don't think he's an impactful athlete in the half court. Maybe he'll sort out whatever he needs to with his lower body and look great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm saying he's slow, he was referencing my post.

And he's slow with the ball, or rather, can't get a step on defenders most of the time without a pick, he just gets stood up. If he doesn't start with an advantage it's hard for him. And I definitely don't like his lack of vertical pop. He had a few open dunks where he stretches out and still nearly catches rim, but other than the odd reverse coming in from the corner, I don't think he's an impactful athlete in the half court. Maybe he'll sort out whatever he needs to with his lower body and look great
    Primo is a combo/guard who can occasionally facilitate. He’s not going to blow by his defender, but I can see him backing down and overpowering his defender, similar to Demar which who I think Pop is trying to pattern his game imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ogbaji is better than Primo.

Kansas doesn't win if Primo was exchanged with Ogbaji in the tournament.
    Ogbaji is 3 years older than Primo.

Thread Information