My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/san-antoni...022-nba-draft/

Not the easiest list to formulate, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting list. I understand it's a large one, but I think 2 or 3 of players guys are out the question for the spurs:

-Sharpe has "antispur" written all over him to me. I don't think they'll even consider touching this guy. More than "mysterious" (which in itself is a red flag in these ultra professional days and ages), he's just kinda weird and full of himself. Just be a man and play by the rules... What's all these shenanigans?

-I don't think spurs hid the fact they work out with Dieng... They just didn't cos they have no interest in him. they had a full pro season to judge the guy and saw that he wasn't even close to be ready and his ceilng was potentially very low. Lots of things to work on, to slow to play 3-4, to soft, to play 5... They already have enough young guys to develop, not to add an uncertain one and lose a 20 or 25 pic... I think Dieng is gonna fall lower than expected.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Procida and want to see him on the team. I like that he stares down players and refs for no reason, I find that amusing. I also like that he doesn't play typical terrible defense,

I don't think I've seen Kamagate make contact on a screen, ever. Very annoying.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15. Tari Eason | 21.1 | 6-foot-8 | PF

On the surface, Tari Eason would be an unlikely pick by the Spurs. At LSU, he relied almost solely on powerful drives to his right. Anything beyond that was a struggle. He posted a gross turnover-to-assist ratio. His natural feel for the game is seemingly non-existent. If you talk to ex-teammates and ex-coaches, they don’t always speak glowingly of him — to put it gently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tari Eason is like putting Stephen Jackson in a PF body and taking away any knowledge of basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp for the write-up.

I understand this is an ac ulated averages of Spurs selecting 9-38. The chance of being a Spur. Hence Procida as a possible stash will be high. Okay I got it.

I’m not for drafting Duren. He is not my horse on this draft. Although it wouldn’t disappoint me as much. On the contrary I would root for him being s physicsl brute force that Spurs have missed at the C position. Many see him as Spurs selection. So I question his chances at only 12.

Sochan I think is the likely pick, because he addresses the obvious gaping hole as defensive PF, and his seamless fit in the roster. And he falls at 9 in many mocks.

Jaylen Williams, I like him but not at 9. My concern on him is his ability to stay in front of his man. Is his lateral speed quick enough for shifty guards? If Spurs are picking a guard, it should be to address that point-of-attack defender. I don’t doubt that Jaylen would be a great help defender, but a point-of-attack defender? I believe Davis or Dyson would be a better choice. Again I’m looking at the seamless fit with besides DJ. Davis fits the best.

IF the Spurs only had one pick, then I think it should be Sochan. But since they have four picks and can possibly jettison and swap picks, they should ALL the Spurs immediate needs. Hence I choose Davis. As you yourself mentioned. If the Spurs are swinging for the fences, Davis is an All-Star. I have no doubt that he would be, simply the kid is ultra-compe ive on both ends of the court. IF it were Pop to select, I would never doubt it’s a toss between Davis and Sochan. Both are wizards at defense. While Sochan has the nimble feet and foresight to see plays developing, hence closing in on his guy (or help) as plays develop. Davis has the peskiness to be on his guy’s skin, like Beverly without the mal-at ude. Bowen maybe. PLUS everything that he brings to the table, block, rebound, ability to create for himself, attacking the rim and getting to the line consistently. Again IF it’s Pop out there, I doubt he pass on Davis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tari Eason is like putting Stephen Jackson in a PF body and taking away any knowledge of basketball.
    haha wow.

Prime Stephen Jackson would actually be a pretty solid 4 in today’s NBA

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. Almost all his issues are on the offensive side of the ball. He was the bench leader and took on a huge usage rate because he could dominate physically. Much of his perceived low IQ is also offensive related because of not having a left hand, being very aggressive, and playing in a system that promoted bad habits, meaning the coaches rolled with it because he got to the free throw line at a high rate and hit 80% of his free throws.

Defensively, he actually has instincts that are hard to teach, as he operates like a free safety and can close passing angles that others can’t anticipate nor get there in time like he can due to elite physical attributes.

So, what I think people get wrong about Eason is expectations. Scalability is crucial here. In the NBA, he will play early because of his insane defense. On offense he will stand in the corner and hit open 3s. The last half of the season he hit over 40% from deep. His offensive development will be long and slow like it is with many Spurs players, and he might not ever get there, but you will never have to worry about motor and effort, unlike Luka and Lonnie, two busts because of that exact trait.

I see him as undervalued and again scalability and expectations are the key.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dream draft would be the Spurs packaging two of the later picks (and maybe a player) to move up, and ending up with Sochan, Jalen Williams, and Jake LaRavia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the meme timvp!!!
    Thanks. I think you are on track for your 200 posts!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dream draft would be the Spurs packaging two of the later picks (and maybe a player) to move up, and ending up with Sochan, Jalen Williams, and Jake LaRavia.
    i'd be happy with that haul. the icing on the cake would be procida at 38.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Procida and want to see him on the team. I like that he stares down players and refs for no reason, I find that amusing. I also like that he doesn't play typical terrible defense,

I don't think I've seen Kamagate make contact on a screen, ever. Very annoying.
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. Almost all his issues are on the offensive side of the ball. He was the bench leader and took on a huge usage rate because he could dominate physically. Much of his perceived low IQ is also offensive related because of not having a left hand, being very aggressive, and playing in a system that promoted bad habits, meaning the coaches rolled with it because he got to the free throw line at a high rate and hit 80% of his free throws.

Defensively, he actually has instincts that are hard to teach, as he operates like a free safety and can close passing angles that others can’t anticipate nor get there in time like he can due to elite physical attributes.

So, what I think people get wrong about Eason is expectations. Scalability is crucial here. In the NBA, he will play early because of his insane defense. On offense he will stand in the corner and hit open 3s. The last half of the season he hit over 40% from deep. His offensive development will be long and slow like it is with many Spurs players, and he might not ever get there, but you will never have to worry about motor and effort, unlike Luka and Lonnie, two busts because of that exact trait.

I see him as undervalued and again scalability and expectations are the key.
    He makes mistakes on defense all the time. Just watch the actual games. He has no sense of positioning and freelances all the time, putting the entire team structure and other players' assignments at risk. He'd make an incredible player down at the YMCA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can live with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another guy the Spurs might consider at #38 is Patrick Baldwin, a player who has fallen so far he may now actually be underrated.

He went from one of the highest-rated players at his age to a punch line on message boards because (1) he chose a small school yet didn't dominate on that modest stage and (2) his combine numbers (jumping, agility) were terrible.

Injuries may be to blame but specifics on these injuries seem almost nonexistent, raising even more mystery (or concern).

But he's got size (6'10") and skill despite the fact that everything else seems to be going south lately.

And he's not that bad on the eye test - he looks pretty skilled and efficient on tape for a guy that big (although he is definitely slow).

Shooting should be the key for him -- a 6'10" who can shoot gets as many chances as a left-handed relief pitcher. But his shooting numbers in college weren't great (although .743 from the line isn't disastrous).

He measured: 6′10.25” in shoes, 9′ 2.5” standing reach with a 7’1.75” wingspan at the combine.

This would be a "Spursy" pick -- buy low on a distressed property with good pedigree.

And he's only 19 so it's hard to write him off quite yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He makes mistakes on defense all the time. Just watch the actual games. He has no sense of positioning and freelances all the time, putting the entire team structure and other players' assignments at risk. He'd make an incredible player down at the YMCA.
    Eh, different interpretations. You’re falling into Exstatic level of hyperbole. He was an incredible player in the NCAA, just to be extremely obvious. But it’s cool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another guy the Spurs might consider at #38 is Patrick Baldwin, a player who has fallen so far he may now actually be underrated.

He went from one of the highest-rated players at his age to a punch line on message boards because (1) he chose a small school yet didn't dominate on that modest stage and (2) his combine numbers (jumping, agility) were terrible.

Injuries may be to blame but specifics on these injuries seem almost nonexistent, raising even more mystery (or concern).

But he's got size (6'10") and skill despite the fact that everything else seems to be going south lately.

And he's not that bad on the eye test - he looks pretty skilled and efficient on tape for a guy that big (although he is definitely slow).

Shooting should be the key for him -- a 6'10" who can shoot gets as many chances as a left-handed relief pitcher. But his shooting numbers in college weren't great (although .743 from the line isn't disastrous).

He measured: 6′10.25” in shoes, 9′ 2.5” standing reach with a 7’1.75” wingspan at the combine.

This would be a "Spursy" pick -- buy low on a distressed property with good pedigree.

And he's only 19 so it's hard to write him off quite yet.
    Good post. I'd like PBJ at 38, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, different interpretations. You’re falling into Exstatic level of hyperbole. He was an incredible player in the NCAA, just to be extremely obvious. But it’s cool.
    His stats were good, and his usage was very high, because LSU had no one else coming off the bench. And there's a reason he came off the bench -- he'd be unplayable otherwise except in bursts. I understand getting super hopeful about players. That's okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, as fans we all get hopeful. There are few absolutes in this process when evaluating FR players. We’ll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to try to keep adding to your list, timvp, but Christian Braun is another guy who seems completely off the radar despite being integral to a national championship.

He doesn't look the part of an NBA player -- he looks like a squared-headed brown shirt (with a name to match).

But when you watch him on the court (whether it's the Final Four or a Combine pick-up game) he just seems to succeed.

And then there's the Kansas/RC connection. He could be another "Spursy" pick at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duren, Tari Eason, Mark Williams. Just get the freaks of nature. Seems like an f shooting draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tari Eason feels like the guy the Spurs pretend to be interested in to throw the scent off who they really like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please Venmo me my royalty payment...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three of the top eight, tbh? Would have been four of eight if Procida would have dropped a couple spots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well done - impressive man

Thread Information