My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect Cleveland to beat the Warriors without too much trouble. This won't go seven. Many people, including Vegas, have the Warriors as heavy favorites but I don't see it playing out that way. The Dubs are a flawed team that lacks depth. They can score in bunches but they are soft like Charmin and turn the ball over at an amazing clip.

Cleveland has found their game in recent weeks and the fact that James has owned KD and Steph both mentally & physically is going to play out in the Cavs favor. You know Kyrie is licking his chops at another chance to show up Curry. It's going to happen and might be done in 5. The ride is over Dubs fans, Cleveland will celebrate on your floor again.

Where's my wallet?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I expect Cleveland to beat the Warriors without too much trouble. This won't go seven. Many people, including Vegas, have the Warriors as heavy favorites but I don't see it playing out that way. The Dubs are a flawed team that lacks depth. They can score in bunches but they are soft like Charmin and turn the ball over at an amazing clip.

Cleveland has found their game in recent weeks and the fact that James has owned KD and Steph both mentally & physically is going to play out in the Cavs favor. You know Kyrie is licking his chops at another chance to show up Curry. It's going to happen and might be done in 5. The ride is over Dubs fans, Cleveland will celebrate on your floor again.

Where's my wallet?
    ELE. State wins you go. Cleveland wins you stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notice Mr. Chicken has absolutely no provisions on himself.

If you are right, business as usual, if you are wrong, get out. Nothing happens to me either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't expect Cleveland to beat the Warriors. They have too many weapons. Cleveland always has an outside chance, but they were down 3-1 last year with all their guys healthy, and GS didn't have Durant.

I think it's going to be GS in 6 if they win. Matchup issues can arise and cause a 7 game series, and if so I like Cleveland's chances.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kyrie going off vs Dubs is reminencent of Kobe vs Suns back in the day. Will that be enough? Not only do the Dubs have the same firepower the Suns had back in the day, they also play tough defense (leading the league in field goal percentage allowed at 43.5% (which often is overlooked due to their offensive prowess). This year they have KD too.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Where's my wallet?
    Nice avatar. What is your post about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dubs were a better team last year than they are this year. Iguodala doesn't look right either - I think his knee is bothering him. The only time the Dubs were truly tested in the playoffs, they were on their way to getting their asses kicked by San Antonio. At least for that game anyways.

I'm sticking to my guns. If Cle wins, I was right. If they lose, I was wrong. This post is for discussion purposes only. My horse lost already.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Dubs were a better team last year than they are this year. Iguodala doesn't look right either - I think his knee is bothering him. The only time the Dubs were truly tested in the playoffs, they were on their way to getting their asses kicked by San Antonio. At least for that game anyways.

I'm sticking to my guns. If Cle wins, I was right. If they lose, I was wrong. This post is for discussion purposes only. My horse lost already.
    They're better this year, by far. I'm not guaranteeing they will win, but their players collectively 1 thru about 9 is top notch. Even roll players like McCaw and Clark are solid. We already know what Livingston and Iggy will bring (his MRI was negative BTW; he got over a week to rest and prepare for LeHype).

Unlike last year, they have Mike Brown this year. Before you laugh, he's a former Spur assistant who knows how to coach defense. Not to mention he used to coach the Cavs (talk about inside info).

I just don't think iso/hero ball will beat the Dubs (i.e. Kyrie going off for 40 every night mostly on iso plays). The Cavs better average 25+apg instead of having Kyrie try and beat him by his lonesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They weren't a better team last year. They lost in the Finals to a 2nd year team (Cavs were only recently constructed). Sure they had the best RS record but that's because they pursued it, and the cost was the Finals because they didn't rest guys they should have rested once they secured HCA. You cannot tell me that Andrew Bogut and Mo Speights are better than Kevin Durant.

It's possible that this is the best team ever constructed from an offensive standpoint, and they are pretty good on defense when they want to be.

I cannot see Cleveland out shooting them and they might be drawn into the fast paced offense that the Warriors thrive on.

I don't see a clear cut favorite in this series, there are arguments for both sides but the Cavs side depends solely on Lebron James. The others are just wild cards, X factors if you will. Who is the wild card in GS? You know Green is going to defend and maybe hit a few threes, Steph is going to get his and KD is going to get his. I'd say Klay is the wild card. If he gets going, it could be short series but if he continues to struggle it could tilt the balance toward the Cavs, especially if Frye and Love are going from 3, and Irving is attacking the rim and drawing fouls on Green and SheShe.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The X factor for Cavs is Love. I just don't see him being wide open hitting 3s like vs Boston. On defense, who does he guard? Remember, he has cement feet, poor lateral quickness, and a 2 inch vert.

I could see the Dubs letting Kyrie go off (who can stop him anyway with today's NBA rules?). What makes them deadly is when Love gets off. Dr. Dray and Matt Barnes should be able to hold him in check - with KD coming seaside to swat when he is in the post.

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Kyrie going off vs Dubs is reminencent of Kobe vs Suns .
    So kyrie plans on quitting ?

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't expect Cleveland to beat the Warriors. They have too many weapons. Cleveland always has an outside chance, but they were down 3-1 last year with all their guys healthy, and GS didn't have Durant.

I think it's going to be GS in 6 if they win. Matchup issues can arise and cause a 7 game series, and if so I like Cleveland's chances.
    GS is better off without Durant. Only one ball and his shot selection isn't the greatest. The loss of their bigs from the last couple years will really hurt them. Tristan Thompson might average 15+ offensive rebounds per game, seriously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The X factor for Cavs is Love. I just don't see him being wide open hitting 3s like vs Boston. On defense, who does he guard? Remember, he has cement feet, poor lateral quickness, and a 2 inch vert.

I could see the Dubs letting Kyrie go off (who can stop him anyway with today's NBA rules?). What makes them deadly is when Love gets off. Dr. Dray and Matt Barnes should be able to hold him in check - with KD coming seaside to swat when he is in the post.
    They don't need Lust to do anything but be rich man's Matt Bonner. He guards Iggy or any of their stiff bigs, most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed 100%. Don't listen to the bandwagon faker fans, their cali-pinion is always wrong.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So kyrie plans on quitting ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They weren't a better team last year. They lost in the Finals to a 2nd year team (Cavs were only recently constructed). Sure they had the best RS record but that's because they pursued it, and the cost was the Finals because they didn't rest guys they should have rested once they secured HCA. You cannot tell me that Andrew Bogut and Mo Speights are better than Kevin Durant.

It's possible that this is the best team ever constructed from an offensive standpoint, and they are pretty good on defense when they want to be.

I cannot see Cleveland out shooting them and they might be drawn into the fast paced offense that the Warriors thrive on.

I don't see a clear cut favorite in this series, there are arguments for both sides but the Cavs side depends solely on Lebron James. The others are just wild cards, X factors if you will. Who is the wild card in GS? You know Green is going to defend and maybe hit a few threes, Steph is going to get his and KD is going to get his. I'd say Klay is the wild card. If he gets going, it could be short series but if he continues to struggle it could tilt the balance toward the Cavs, especially if Frye and Love are going from 3, and Irving is attacking the rim and drawing fouls on Green and SheShe.
    They were up 3-1 when Green lost his cool. They had better role players and toughness with last year's roster. Bogut, Speights, Brazilian rocket and Harrison Barnes were collectively better than Durant, ,ZaZa & McGee. I understand why they signed Durant but they aren't better than last year. They have a shot to win but I don't think they will. Clevelands toughness will win out.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They were up 3-1 when Green lost his cool. They had better role players and toughness with last year's roster. Bogut, Speights, Brazilian rocket and Harrison Barnes were collectively better than Durant, ,ZaZa & McGee. I understand why they signed Durant but they aren't better than last year. They have a shot to win but I don't think they will. Clevelands toughness will win out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we go by the percentages, Cleveland will lose a starter or two to injuries.
    Dubs in 5.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'll take that bet. Lifetime. In or out?

Thread Information