Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I lied about the Kings we lost by 30 game or the Cavs game where we lost by 25. Doubting my credibility where you are just a poster who never gets anything right and likes to act like you do. Jakob Poeltl, what a great ducking starter he is. Dejounte Murray, well you’re ready to trade his ass to but you were bumping his thread earlier and talking him up in December. Not so much now. You said we were a playoff team all year long but nope we aren’t that either. Talk about my son when you are the biggest and most incorrect nut hugger there is
    Lmfao look at this triggered little asshole. Still the dumbest, most reactionary poster there is. What's worse is you pretend to be a hooper. Stay on the sidelines, boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmfao look at this triggered little asshole. Still the dumbest, most reactionary poster there is. What's worse is you pretend to be a hooper. Stay on the sidelines, boy.
    Lol pretend? I just said I played high school. And I never injured myself once. But apparently that’s a big deal to some. So I’m not supposed to be reactionary after 2 years straight of missing the playoffs and having the 11th pick in the draft? man you couldn’t even counter anything I said bc you know it to be true. You touted all year how ing great Jak was and you were ing wrong. You were wrong about the playoffs. You were wrong about DJ. You were wrong about Keldon having a breakout year. You were wrong about Pop. the next time you’re right about something will be the first. it’s impossible to be the dumbest with you on here by default seeing as I got atleast one thing right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol pretend? I just said I played high school. And I never injured myself once. But apparently that’s a big deal to some. So I’m not supposed to be reactionary after 2 years straight of missing the playoffs and having the 11th pick in the draft? man you couldn’t even counter anything I said bc you know it to be true. You touted all year how ing great Jak was and you were ing wrong. You were wrong about the playoffs. You were wrong about DJ. You were wrong about Keldon having a breakout year. You were wrong about Pop. the next time you’re right about something will be the first. it’s impossible to be the dumbest with you on here by default seeing as I got atleast one thing right.
    Miss me with that BS. All I had to do was skim through your post to see how pointless it is. I couldn't care less if I'm right or wrong, and I don't get why your pathetic ass is so obsessed about that. Is it a game? Someone keeping score? Get out of here, you childish dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miss me with that BS. All I had to do was skim through your post to see how pointless it is. I couldn't care less if I'm right or wrong, and I don't get why your pathetic ass is so obsessed about that. Is it a game? Someone keeping score? Get out of here, you childish dumbass.
    You keep name calling yet call me childish? You called me out in the beginning too when I made no mention of you. But I’m childish. Now you backtrack.

Dejounte: I don’t care if I’m right or wrong I will only call out other posters for being wrong and call them liars. Why do you care if I’m wrong Also, you would have to be right once in order to care about being right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep name calling yet call me childish? You called me out in the beginning too when I made no mention of you. But I’m childish. Now you backtrack.

Dejounte: I don’t care if I’m right or wrong I will only call out other posters for being wrong and call them liars. Why do you care if I’m wrong Also, you would have to be right once in order to care about being right.
    Boy, let me spell out why I called you out: You L I E D. There's a difference between putting out your thoughts and ideas versus flat out lying. Hint: One is genuine, and the other one isn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy, let me spell out why I called you out: You L I E D. There's a difference between putting out your thoughts and ideas versus flat out lying. Hint: One is genuine, and the other one isn't.
    Oh look more name calling by calling me a “boy” and insinuating that I’m not an adult. More nonchildish behavior by you. Also I didn’t lie. I made a thread about the team quitting on Pop on the day I thought it happened. It was in my Thank You Pop thread which I bumped 2 days ago too. I said they quit on him on the Cavs game. So I’m not sure what I’m “lying” about. This was clearly my opinion since April 6th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone else notice that Rudy Gay seemed upset many times on the bench the last few weeks of Spurs ball? It seemed he didn't agree with Pops rotations at times. On one of the last games it looked like he was straight up arguing with Pop to let Lonnie have that last possession, but Pop went with DDR instead even though it was completely predictable.

Iv always viewed Rudy as the Vet that sticks up for the younger players. He seems to have that kind of demeanor.
    Rudy's had some interviews earlier this season (maybe last season too?) where he actively vouched for the youngings not only being good players, but needing to get more minutes, bigger roles, bigger shots. I can definitely see what you're saying, and of the 3 FA vets on the team, he's the one I'd like the most to be back. Patty's good and all, I don't think he's as washed as the end of this season made it seem (he could excel in a limited role just like Forbes is now doing for the Bucks), but it's obvious that Pop will never change his ways regarding him and overplaying him, not to mention SG being our most stacked position.

Rudy, OTOH, plays our position of most need, and can be a totem-in-place to ease Luka into a bigger role and minutes next season. Then as the season progresses, you leave him as bench depth/spark plug, then maybe trade him for a late 1st at the deadline. Hope we do something like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy, OTOH, plays our position of most need, and can be a totem-in-place to ease Luka into a bigger role and minutes next season. Then as the season progresses, you leave him as bench depth/spark plug, then maybe trade him for a late 1st at the deadline. Hope we do something like this.
    Rudy gives off the strong impression that he really likes it with the Spurs and wants to stay. (Could his wife be a part of it?) I could even see him giving a discount.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funniest part is the same people who are now complaining the Spurs don't shoot enough threes previously complained that the Spurs shot too many threes
    meh live and die by the 3
    too many 3s
    not enough 3s
    but but 2014

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh live and die by the 3
    too many 3s
    not enough 3s
    but but 2014
    it, just bring back the Red Mamba and we are going back to the Finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it, just bring back the Red Mamba and we are going back to the Finals
    yes the first real 3 and D well without the D tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but but he keeps defense honest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not Becky for the love of all that's good and holy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not Becky for the love of all that's good and holy.
    You pretty much know where this is going.
    Popped wanting adjulation for his *super woke* choice. Even tho he's on her the past two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread shows me how many dumbfvcks we have on Spurstalk.

Pop was huge in creating the culture that is the Spurs. People who think Pop just stumbled into five championships don't know basketball. He created and maintained the culture that existed here. He and RC put the talent around Tim, and were able to retain it, to keep the Spurs at the top of the league for all those years. The Spurs weren't the best team in pro sports for two decades by sheer luck.

Lots of teams have talented rosters and don't do sh!t with it. We as fans had two decades of knowing we could contend for a le every year. That's unheard of in sports.

He's not perfect, but man he's given us a great era of basketball, and he deserves credit for that as much as Tim, Manu, Tony and David. It's sad that Spurs fans are so willing to kick dirt on him, now, when he's working on rebuilding a roster with late-in-the-draft players. He's earned a ton of grace in my opinion. He'll be missed if he leaves. MoSpur is a good source of info, but I hope he's wrong in this case.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread shows me how many dumbfvcks we have on Spurstalk.

Pop was huge in creating the culture that is the Spurs. People who think Pop just stumbled into five championships don't know basketball. He created and maintained the culture that existed here. He and RC put the talent around Tim, and were able to retain it, to keep the Spurs at the top of the league for all those years. The Spurs weren't the best team in pro sports for two decades by sheer luck.

Lots of teams have talented rosters and don't do sh!t with it. We as fans had two decades of knowing we could contend for a le every year. That's unheard of in sports.

He's not perfect, but man he's given us a great era of basketball, and he deserves credit for that as much as Tim, Manu, Tony and David. It's sad that Spurs fans are so willing to kick dirt on him, now, when he's working on rebuilding a roster with late-in-the-draft players. He's earned a ton of grace in my opinion. He'll be missed if he leaves. MoSpur is a good source of info, but I hope he's wrong in this case.
    Sam Presti gets a big assist for Tony Parker and the PATFO thought so highly of Manu Ginobili, they drafted Leon Smith ahead of him in the 1999 draft and immediately traded him to Dallas, shortly before he ended up in a psych ward for psychological problems. The Spurs stumbled into Tim Duncan and he was the culture. When the culture retired, Pop lost the entire team. Suddenly, nobody gave a crap about culture and players just wanted to play basketball.

He was a great motivational leader in his prime but from an x's and o's standpoint, he was league average. He's the only goat coach I know to get backdoor swept in the playoffs twice, both times as the heavy favorites and coming off double digit win streaks. He lost to the eighth seed as a one seed. He completely flopped in 2013 NBA finals having Tim Duncan on the bench for the final shot of game 6. He couldn't make simple adjustments in the 2016 playoffs against OKC when Donovan put Steven Adams on LMA. That one move completely shutdown the Spurs in a series they were another heavy favorite. He also didn't have enough of a backbone to tell his pseudo star small forward to stop shooting the Spurs out of games down the stretch. I lost count how many games the Spurs lost because Pop let DeRozan take over in crunch time. He's also one of the worst at drawing up plays out of a time out and at the end of games.

Tim Duncan made a decent to good coach look great.
    Last edited by murpjf88; 05-26-2021 at 04:35 PM.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Appreciate what he has done and meant for the organization, but it's definitely time. Go enjoy your life Pop, let someone young and hungry take over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs stumbled into Tim Duncan and he was the culture.
    Fact!

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Championship knowledge” draft Tim Duncan with the #1 pick

typical idiotic Spurs fans who think that’s all it took.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it takes real brains to run the best all around player in the league at the time into the ground and incessantly call 4-down. Who could have possibly done that or had a historic defense with two of the half dozen greatest defenders ever?

Prime Robinson couldn't touch prime Duncan in the playoffs, nor did he have the caliber of player to compliment him the way Duncan did post prime Robinson from '97-'01 (when he was still a borderline superstar - clear star) and eventually prime Ginobili and Parker.

delete your ing account, holy Christ

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is saying the Spurs didn't get lucky as with their #1 picks. I'm saying getting that #1 pick isn't enough, which you can see from the lack of success the Spurs had after drafting David Robinson and the Cavs after drafting LeBron despite having transcendent stars who really wanted to be there. I don't have faith in Bob Hill or Jerry Tarkanian pulling the team together after that humiliating loss to Utah at home on NBC and basically running the table the rest of the 99 season. I don't have faith in Bob Hill or Jerry Tarkanian turning shrimp ass Tony Parker into a guy who could dump 26 on Jason Kidd in a critical road Finals game or making angry ass Stephen Jackson into an elite defender. As ridiculous as Tim was in 02-03 that wouldn't have been enough to win the le that year without Pop's work with Parker and Jackson. I have no faith in Bob Hill or Jerry Tarkanian being able to pull that 2013 team up after the most soul crushing loss in NBA history to be right there in position to win Game 7 and then having to start all over again, and actually win it the next year. Only thing I have ever seen like it was the 89 Pistons after having their 88 le stolen from them, and they were also guided by a legendary coach.

Pop is one of the greatest things to ever happen to the franchise. Not nearly as great as landing Tim Duncan, but still critical to having five banners up in the rafters. Thank god he didn't get fired and replaced with Doc Rivers in 1999 like was heavily rumored at the time, you want to see where coaching makes a difference look how much Rivers has underachieved with stacked rosters.

Duncan 1, cause he brought championships
    2 David Robinson cause he saved the franchise
    3 Popovich because he turned them from a fiesta colored joke
    into a dynasty, starting at the top of the front office

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are lots of potential moves to increase the liklihood of a repeat but shorten the championship window. Pop helped with that. Duncan didn't scout the international market before everyone else, that was pafto. If Duncan is 70 percent of the cause of the 5 rings, getting parker and manu was 15 and robinson was the remainder. I guess i throw a few crumbs to Steve kerr , horry, jaren Jackson, kawhi and all the other positive role players.

Pop was part of the scouting and role player selection. Calling 4 down was not a great coaching decision, but basketball is not known for new schemes and keeping a winning team through years of defensive rule weakening is impressive.

It's debatable that pop could face down red mccolms for being cheap. He didn't have to, but to pops credit he never had to fight publicly with ownership. I think future spurs coaches won't be so lucky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop probably would have not won a single ring if PJ did not have his ear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop probably would have not won a single ring if PJ did not have his ear.
    PJ was the only assistant that wouldn't back down from Pops Bull when he saw it but you know what...Pop listened to him.
    Last edited by Chomag; 05-27-2021 at 09:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know how to copy the link (my bad lol) but on hoopshype if you look at the spurs rumors, there’s some talk from some source that said executives around the league believe Will hardy will be Pops eventual replacement. Doesn’t mean that it will be this upcoming year, but interesting if that’s the case

Thread Information