Page 64 of 115 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2866
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yay more waiting.
    . That's bull . How does the draft affect anything? Players are just being selected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . That's bull . How does the draft affect anything? Players are just being selected.
    The blow up date for the CBA is the 15th. If the worst happens, there won’t be a CBA to conduct the draft with. I’m sure if the NBA and the NBAPA reach an agreement, and it looks like they will, it will go on as scheduled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is from the article linked a couple of posts back:

The NBA and NBPA can now negotiate the resetting of the 2020-21 salary-cap and luxury-tax numbers based upon audits of this season and projections of the next year, allowing for teams, agents and players to have the proper time to prepare for the financial realities of the pandemic's impact on the league.

The league's and union's biggest motivating force to delay the start of next season comes with the hopes that teams can eventually find ways to bring fans safely back into arenas for games, an integral part of the league's revenue stream. Commissioner Adam Silver says game-night receipts account for approximately 40% of the league's revenues.

Despite current and projected revenue losses affecting the union's 51-49 revenue split with the league, there's optimism that the sides can reach agreements on temporary changes to the CBA -- including the salary-cap and luxury-tax thresholds -- that would preclude the need to enact the nuclear option of terminating the CBA.
    So basically, without agreeing to at least some new provisions, the cap will probably crash, and the two sides need to explicitly agree to change that. Either side might be willing to break the CBA in order to prevent the crash. The owners will probably want to avoid the tax lines, and the players want to avoid the lack of funds for free agents.

I think we'll see a stagnant cap but a looser tax line for next year. It'll be really hard for some teams to get under the tax, and my guess is that pushing the draft back will help teams organize their salaries rather than having to panic and use their picks to dump their bad money. Ordinarily, the Spurs, who should be able to avoid the tax even if it's stagnant, would be in a position of power with all their expirings. But because they're not uber far from the tax themselves and can't offer any immediate relief without risking the tax, I think they'll likely be quiet. They could get some real value trading LMA for Horford or DMDR for Harris, but they can't afford to hold onto that deal if the cap doesn't keep rising any more than Philly can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Precious fans:

Last edited by Dejounte; 08-25-2020 at 10:59 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird even spurs reddit likes precious , probably still trying to find the next kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Precious fans:

Achiuwa train going strong, baby. I really think the Spurs could develop him into a solid player for years to come, if not more. I'm torn between him and PatWill if the Spurs remain at 11, either one would be solid though they're different types of players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precious has that motor/heart.... skill can be honed.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precious will be gone before 11, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One knock on precious is he doesn't seem to enjoy playing his position, he still see's himself as a SF but his skill set are that of a rim rolling big. Basing it on athletic article and espn interview. Espn mock has him going 9th to washington , athletic isn't as high 16th to portland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One knock on precious is he doesn't seem to enjoy playing his position, he still see's himself as a SF but his skill set are that of a rim rolling big. Basing it on athletic article and espn interview. Espn mock has him going 9th to washington , athletic isn't as high 16th to portland.
    Is it a knock? It's not like Poetl trying to play the wing. If we expect other players to improve ball handling and shooting (two skills Precious isn't bad at) from other players, why can't we expect it the same from Precious?
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-26-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it a knock? It's not like Poetl trying to play the wing. If we expect other players to improve ball handling and shooting (two skills Precious isn't bad at) from other players, why can't we expect it the same from Precious?
    They don't want him floating in the perimeter, shooting contested jumpers and attacking closeouts, they would rather him setting screens and cutting to the basket. I don't know if its the coaches game plan that he occasionally plays the wing position, but they think that he just does it on his own.

He's bad at shooting, all jump shot (25th percentile), dribble jump shot(24th percentile), good at uncontested C&S(93rd percentile) but guarded C&S(1 percentile). Much worse in high school. i guess there's improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he’s there Precious is the guy we need

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't want him floating in the perimeter, shooting contested jumpers and attacking closeouts, they would rather him setting screens and cutting to the basket. I don't know if its the coaches game plan that he occasionally plays the wing position, but they think that he just does it on his own.

He's bad at shooting, all jump shot (25th percentile), dribble jump shot(24th percentile), good at uncontested C&S(93rd percentile) but guarded C&S(1 percentile). Much worse in high school. i guess there's improvement.
    Yeah, those type of numbers indicate that he's not very likely to ever improve his shooting. Spurs fans got spoiled with Kawhi. They now think every subpar shooter in college can become a 40% 3pt shooter in the NBA, when that's actually a very rare feat.

By the looks of it, the people here more interested on Precious seem to believe that he will be able to develop his perimeter skills (dribbling and shooting) to the point where he will be a 3/4 on the NBA. Heck, if you guarantee that to me I would also be on board, but I just don't see it. There are just too many red flags to expect him to ever develop those kind of skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can you share where you got these stats? Also, where did you get the high school stats? I can't find it.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/com...hris-middleton

Bradley Beal and Khris Middleton shared the same low %'s in college. Is it farfetched to say Precious could improve? Why? He's clearly working on these skills and with NBA players like D Angelo Russell, Carmelo, Kyrie... Which is unique in itself because I dont see many current prospects doing that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because history has said that if you suck at making free throws the chances of your ever being good at mid or three point shooting is very very low. Can miracles happen sure you can always roll the dice but usually the house wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because history has said that if you suck at making free throws the chances of your ever being good at mid or three point shooting is very very low. Can miracles happen sure you can always roll the dice but usually the house wins.
    Really?

Precious has a 0.599 FT% in college

Michael Redd had 0.649 FT% for the first three years in college
    Jason Richardson was also 0.649% for two years in college
    Trevor Ariza 0.504 FT%
    Ron Artest 0.589 FT%
    DeMarre Carroll 0.604%
    Antawn Jamison 0.614%
    Baron Davis 0.631%
    Jemari Grant 0.67 %
    Jaylen Brown 0.654 %
    Our own Dejounte Murray was at .663% in college, and hes now .780%

All of these players became passable, good, to great shooters in the NBA

A lot of others below 70% but im trying to select players closer to Precious FT%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, those type of numbers indicate that he's not very likely to ever improve his shooting. Spurs fans got spoiled with Kawhi. They now think every subpar shooter in college can become a 40% 3pt shooter in the NBA, when that's actually a very rare feat.

By the looks of it, the people here more interested on Precious seem to believe that he will be able to develop his perimeter skills (dribbling and shooting) to the point where he will be a 3/4 on the NBA. Heck, if you guarantee that to me I would also be on board, but I just don't see it. There are just too many red flags to expect him to ever develop those kind of skills.
    You're wrong, me and probably others are viewing precious as a 4/5 in some small ball situations. That's what he is, he is Not a 3.

You take him for his athletism, he is good in transition, he can rebound, protect the Rim, he is good at the PNR, he can switch on the perimeter

You don't take him for his shoot or dribbling but you can develop that, because he can drive to the basket and he starts to shoot the three regularly. And if he improves that he could be a really interesting player.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 08-26-2020 at 08:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're wrong, me and probably others are viewing precious as a 4/5 in some small ball situations. That's what he is, he is Not a 3.
    I know Dejounte, for example, has expectations of Precious being able to develop those perimeter skills and be a full time forward, tbh.

But, if you take Precious to be a bigman then I just don't see the appeal. He would be a Keneth Faried at best. That's hardly a player that moves the needle in today's NBA, and far from one of our biggest needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Dejounte, for example, has expectations of Precious being able to develop those perimeter skills and be a full time forward, tbh.

But, if you take Precious to be a 4/5 then I just don't see the appeal. He would be a Kenth Faried at best. That's hardly a player that moves the needle in today's NBA.
    Let me sum it up this way...

My satisfaction level for how Precious will turn out (1 being lowest and 10 highest)

If he ends up being a center for us: 7 - centers who can switch onto guards are valuable. Basically what Poetl does now on defense, but more athleticism and energy

If he ends up being a 4 for us (most likely scenario, IMO): 8 - this would mean he's at least making shots at mid-range reliably. Pair that with his ability to switch on guards, that's a suitable Aldridge replacement

If he ends up being a 3/4 for us (I've acknowledged how slim the chance is for this in several posts): 10 - this would mean he can ball handle well enough, shoot from 3 reliably. A player that does with his size and athleticism that is a total mismatch and probably an all-star.

And finally,
    From having watched Precious for countless hours, I disagree with the comparison with Kenneth Faried. It is not an apt comparison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if we take all of that out of consideration, one of the main reasons Precious is one of my preferred targets is because this team needs some serious OOMPH. More physicality, less pussies. We got a shot of that from Keldon, let's take another shot. Bring up the toughness a notch. No more softies.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if we take all of that out of consideration, one of the main reasons Precious is one of my preferred targets is because this team needs some serious OOMPH. More physicality, less pussies. We got a shot of that from Keldon, let's take another shot. Bring up the toughness a notch. No more softies.
    I want some nasty.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you share where you got these stats? Also, where did you get the high school stats? I can't find it.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/com...hris-middleton

Bradley Beal and Khris Middleton shared the same low %'s in college. Is it farfetched to say Precious could improve? Why? He's clearly working on these skills and with NBA players like D Angelo Russell, Carmelo, Kyrie... Which is unique in itself because I dont see many current prospects doing that.
    https://hashtagbasketball.com/nba-dr...ecious-achiuwa
    https://www.nbadraft.net/players/precious-achiuwa/

Bradley Beal and Khris Middleton are good shooters in college. They may not have high 3pt% but they have touch in free throws, mid range and floaters, backed up with good form. I think your'e looking for Jaylen Brown and Jerami Grant as players with no touch in college and improved in the NBA.

Not impossible, but for a 21 year old SF who models his game after lebron and durant, his development curve is not good enough to confidently say he can improve significantly in ball handling and shooting for him to play the SF/PF in the next level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://hashtagbasketball.com/nba-dr...ecious-achiuwa
    https://www.nbadraft.net/players/precious-achiuwa/

Bradley Beal and Khris Middleton are good shooters in college. They may not have high 3pt% but they have touch in free throws, mid range and floaters, backed up with good form. I think your'e looking for Jaylen Brown and Jerami Grant as players with no touch in college and improved in the NBA.

Not impossible, but for a 21 year old SF who models his game after lebron and durant, his development curve is not good enough to confidently say he can improve significantly in ball handling and shooting for him to play the SF/PF in the next level.
    I don't see the high school stats in either website. Can you tell me how to find it?

That hashtag article on Precious is a great read. I suggest people to read it when they have a chance. Thanks for this resource.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white/murray/keldon/precious/lma thats a pretty nasty defensive s5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This place is going to melt when the Spurs don’t draft The Precious.

Thread Information