Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

too much damn fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably the best night of regular season baseball in a while. NY vs. Minnesota was game of the year, and there was a bunch of one run games and walk offs.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Royals go into Atlanta and sweep a two game series against the Braves and now have gone 9-3 since the ASB. Hopefully they can make more trades before the minors and replenish their farm system.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Royals go into Atlanta and sweep a two game series against the Braves and now have gone 9-3 since the ASB. Hopefully they can make more trades before the minors and replenish their farm system.
    Well done. A bit of a trap series sandwiched between series against 2 division rivals but you deserve all the spoils

Braves now 2-6 in the last 8. Fried is back in the rotation and expect Folty to as well. But the offense also needs a jump start. Riley has hit a major slump and Ender isn't adding much with his bat.

Trade deadline approaching.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red Sox of 2018 showing up out of nowhere.

Porcello was still trash though. The offense was on point. Only wish it was this consistent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red Sox of 2018 showing up out of nowhere.

Porcello was still trash though. The offense was on point. Only wish it was this consistent.
    I wouldn't worry too much. Still a dangerous team. Just get to the Wild Card.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Angels got shut down by a position player throwing 55mph in the 16th inning . That's the first ever recorded save by a position player in MLB history. And of course, Pooholes made the last out. Fabbs gotta be steaming.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Royals lost a tough one last night 5-4 in 14 innings. Down 5-3 and had bases loaded with no outs and managed to just get a run.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is it just me or does the ball this year seem to be extra juiced for those explosive homers? When these guys get one they absolutely crush it.

Boegarts hit a couple last night and Mookie just hit two more today and they sent it to the moon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys followed Greinke over the years?
    Unreal how many quality starts his teams burn into Ls.
    At least 20 career. Probably more like 30-40.

Tonight yet another.
    6 in
    4 hits
    1 earned.

Remember when Skosha used to burn Jered Weaver out of wins on a regular basis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is it just me or does the ball this year seem to be extra juiced for those explosive homers? When these guys get one they absolutely crush it.

Boegarts hit a couple last night and Mookie just hit two more today and they sent it to the moon.
    No, not just you. Ball is supposedly wound tighter and has a more centered core, allowing for less drag. I'm not really concerned about it since homers are still relatively rare, occurring only about 3% of the time. In addition to that, pretty much every analytic and tactical trend over the last decade has made pitching more effective, so I'm fine with hitters getting a boost. The event that I would like to see considerably lessened in the modern game is the strikeout. Nearly at 18 per game. That's too large a chunk for the sport's most boring outcome when there's only 54 outs. My ideal strikeout number would be like 9 total per game. Also can't wait for the pitch clock to arrive, pushed back to 2021. A 5-4 game with 15 hits shouldn't last 4 in' hours.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Braves stumble into rival Philadelphia

Markakis out til September
    Harper on suicide watch
    Last edited by FrostKing; 07-27-2019 at 07:40 PM.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Braves stumble into rival Philadelphia

Markakis out til September
    Harper on suicide watch
    Loved the Braves unis tonight. They had some nice unis before going to their current look back in 1987 which originated from their Milwaukee days. I recently bought a Dale Murphy throw back from Lids Locker Room.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Hhh7JfMjzZSTJB6K6

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't worry too much. Still a dangerous team. Just get to the Wild Card.
    Got it as of yesterday. By a mere half game.

We'll see if Sale can even last 1 inning (Doubt it, no he won't.) and today and complete the 4 game sweep of the Yankees.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of empty seats. Would be different if the Angels had not lost three in a row to the Orioles. That f'ing monster Butt Holes contract really set us back. We haven't even made the playoffs since Albert Anuses arrived in town, sapping our energy.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Angels with the walkoff HR to avoid the four game sweep; but starting pitching probably not gonna be enough to make a real run at the Wild Card.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Sale.

Since everyone knows at this point that playing him is an automatic loss I just dont understand why they keep putting him on the mound. Get someone's grandpa out there and you'd still have the same result but at least it would be more entertaining than watching Sale self implode.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    A lot of empty seats. Would be different if the Angels had not lost three in a row to the Orioles. That f'ing monster Butt Holes contract really set us back. We haven't even made the playoffs since Albert Anuses arrived in town, sapping our energy.
    You guys had the best record in baseball back in 2014. I remember A-Jols on that team when the Royals swept them.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys had the best record in baseball back in 2014. I remember A-Jols on that team when the Royals swept them.
    Forgot about that. TBH, we overachieved. It seemed like it was the Royals year all along; unfortunately for them, they choked in the WS.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Forgot about that. TBH, we overachieved. It seemed like it was the Royals year all along; unfortunately for them, they choked in the WS.
    It wasn't really a choke. They had a great run, but the Giants were built similarly with good defense, bullpen, timely, and they had an ace which the Royals didn't. The Royals were much better in 2015 with the additions of Kendrys Morales, Johnny Cueto, Edison Volquez, and Ben Zobrist which helped them win it all. That team would have trashed that same Giants team.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't really a choke. They had a great run, but the Giants were built similarly with good defense, bullpen, timely, and they had an ace which the Royals didn't. The Royals were much better in 2015 with the additions of Kendrys Morales, Johnny Cueto, Edison Volquez, and Ben Zobrist which helped them win it all. That team would have trashed that same Giants team.
    Only scoring 2 in a Game 7 at home. That's on the choke side, tbh. Giants were not the better team.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Only scoring 2 in a Game 7 at home. That's on the choke side, tbh. Giants were not the better team.
    What the Spurs did in Game 6 at Miami was a choke job. The Royals never had a lead in Game 7. It was close throughout, but they couldn't score off of Bumgarner. They lost the series when they blew a 4-1 lead in Game 4. The two teams were very similar overall. Timely hitting, strong defense, good speed, and elite bullpens. The biggest difference was Bumgarner who overmatched a young Royals offense that wasn't very good that season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Angels got shut down by a position player throwing 55mph in the 16th inning . That's the first ever recorded save by a position player in MLB history. And of course, Pooholes made the last out. Fabbs gotta be steaming.
    I'm just now getting caught up with that game.
    Those at bats the final inning.
    FFS go for a sure single and stop the swinging for the fences crap.

todays MLB strategy

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope the Angels get a starting pitcher or two at the trade deadline; but I'm not holding my breath.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information