Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte murray should be upset spurs basically punted the draft this year,and gave him no help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo is in Austin for at least one season. Probably two.
    Primo, Samanic… these guys should have been second rounders

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question, is there a chance this kid is still not done growing?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget the worst coach in the league tbh
    Agreed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wright is a diversity hire. They're scared of firing him even though he sucks at his job. Can't think of any other reason why they would hang onto someone with such a poor Spurs resume(on top of his underwhelming history with the Magic and Pistons front offices)
    Man, I don't know if it's racist to agree with you or not but I was thinking this exact same thing earlier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course hes only 18. There is some upside

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably. He looks 13.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I don't know if it's racist to agree with you or not but I was thinking this exact same thing earlier.
    The problem with woke
    Just hire the best person forget about diversity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Possibly the Spurs are so high on him they didn’t want to risk losing him. When White was drafted no one had heard of him. He’s worked out okay. The Spurs history of drafting players and developing players speaks for itself. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. GSG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Answer me you coward !
    Repeat the question. I'm scrolling with one hand and holding a cup of bleach with the other hand. Must have missed it, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is dmb enough to spin this
    I am not looking for a spin; I am doing a sentiment check on the FO and peoples level of concern with their performance last few years until today. Especially since this is the biggest crossroads in a long, long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The forum let me in, at last.

All I'm gonna say is this guy better be the second coming of Devin Booker to justify drafting yet another 6'5" combo guard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not racist........just stupid! Hope I helped you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes and by family line (duh) and examining bones a reasonably accurate prediction can be made.

I don't know what his exact DNA is.

But if y'all are telling me he could have been had with 20-26th pick.....what a screw up to take him at 12.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except they're not. They'll probably throw stupid money at somebody like Markkannen and be in the 9-11th range in the West again with a same bottom of the lottery pick next draft.

This organization has absolutely zero direction and it's probably going to take them another 5-7 years before they are even close to relevant again.
    Lauri is 24 and would fill a need on this team so I am find with them throwing money at him. He fits the timeline of the players on our team.

I say full blown rebuild mode because I do not expect any of our veterans free agents to sign here and I don't expect the spurs to sign players who are 30 or over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo is in Austin for at least one season. Probably two.
    I expect him to be on the bench pretty early, actually. He's young, but right now, he has only Tre Jones and Weatherspoon keeping him off the court. That won't last very long. I don't expect him to be very good for a while, but if he's the guy they hopefully think he is, he'll show enough to get time early.

Now if they re-sign Mills, then yes, he could be in Austin for a couple of years or at least until they get rid of Walker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not looking for a spin; I am doing a sentiment check on the FO and peoples level of concern with their performance last few years until today. Especially since this is the biggest crossroads in a long, long time.

Going to depend on guys like lonnie,luka,vassel and now primo. They passed on halliburton,reached for luka,now primo and buried lonnie early. How they develop will tell the story

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repeat the question. I'm scrolling with one hand and holding a cup of bleach with the other hand. Must have missed it, tbh.
    Just throw into your eyes, you are not going to be reading anything worthwhile in the forums tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much has your faith in this FO been shaken? They are absolutely atrocious at asset management. They have shown absolutely no creativity at all.

They traded for vets instead of going young. Then they held onto DDR/Rudy until they had no value just to lose them for nothing vs setup their future better. Then they reach and dont trade back to get additional assets.

I have lost all faith in this FO ability to do anything outside the box or via trade/FA and now the draft takes a hit.

This kid could be MVP of the NBA and it still doesn’t change the fact that they were so wasteful with this pick and nuked their lottery pick value

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably. He looks 13.
    Most people stop growing at 18. Very few people grow after that age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From SI… the spurs wanted him, they got him. I think he’ll be really good

“After a strong showing at the combine and an impressive pre-draft process behind closed doors, Primo now looks like a lock to land somewhere in the first round, with his range beginning in the late teens and running down into the 20s. He’s demonstrated a more diverse offensive game than he showed in a spot-up role at Alabama, with combo guard skills and an impressive level of poise and focus. The fact he’s the youngest draft-eligible prospect adds a layer of appeal as a long-term project, and he’s in the mix for teams that can afford to be patient. Primo has starter-level upside in the long run.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to depend on guys like lonnie,luka,vassel and now primo. They passed on halliburton,reached for luka,now primo and buried lonnie early. How they develop will tell the story
    Sure the players they pick being good or not is most important; but their overall performance (FA, Trades, Asset Management) is what I am questioning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the problem I have with the pick.

The Spurs may have correctly identified the best player available at #12.

But, if so, no one else knew that.

Therefore, their unique insight should be rewarded, leveraged if you will, by additional moves.

Trade down, get your man and extract some benefit from your superior knowledge and talent evaluation.

Or take another player at #12 and then get your guy later.

Either way, you extract value from your clearly superior talent evaluation ability.

They didn't do that.
    I'm a big fan of primo but mist certainly agree with your post. That's my beef with it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wright is a diversity hire. They're scared of firing him even though he sucks at his job. Can't think of any other reason why they would hang onto someone with such a poor Spurs resume(on top of his underwhelming history with the Magic and Pistons front offices)
    The fact that you think wright is making all the calls is comical! Pop & Rc is still part of the org.....right?

Thread Information