Page 416 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 3163664064124134144154164174184194204264665169161416 ... LastLast
Results 10,376 to 10,400 of 40768
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to a national poll reported by the New York Post on Friday, 56% of Democrats say they would prefer the New York governor over the former vice president as the Democratic presidential nominee to face off against President Trump

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your party ia trash lmao
    I'll accept that as long as you accept your party actually sanctions the killings of thousands.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is great news, even if the drug wasn't 100% successful.

Discharging people after ICU/intubation is fantastic.

How fast can it be manufactured, how much will it cost, who owns the patent?

At what stage is it taken? after testing positive, or wait until severe state?

Side effects?

If Trash sees this, he will claim 100% credit, everybody back to work and school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? That wouldn't change your ignorance.
    When you figure out what Cruz is talking about concerning small businesses lmk dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll accept that as long as you accept your party actually sanctions the killings of thousands.
    link?

also I'm not a Republican, but I voted for Trump sorry to burst your bubble

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Side effects?

If Trash sees this, he will claim 100% credit, everybody back to work and school.
    Only question I can answer is Gilead owns the patent, that was the drug orphan status was granted to. Still has to go through another phase but maybe be approved in the summer. Ramping and cost question marks.
    Side effects were in the full article. Lots more to be tested if it works like will early administration head off severe cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Side effects?

Some optimisim from bouts

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    GREAT NEWS

Compassionate Use of Remdesivir for Patients with Severe Covid-19

Remdesivir, a nucleotide analogue prodrug that inhibits viral RNA polymerases, has shown in vitro activity against SARS-CoV-2.
    METHODS
    We provided remdesivir on a compassionate-use basis to patients hospitalized with Covid-19, the illness caused by infection with SARS-CoV-2. Patients were those with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection who had an oxygen saturation of 94% or less while they were breathing ambient air or who were receiving oxygen support. Patients received a 10-day course of remdesivir, consisting of 200 mg administered intravenously on day 1, followed by 100 mg daily for the remaining 9 days of treat- ment. This report is based on data from patients who received remdesivir during the period from January 25, 2020, through March 7, 2020, and have clinical data for at least 1 subsequent day.

RESULTS
    Of the 61 patients who received at least one dose of remdesivir, data from 8 could not be analyzed (including 7 patients with no post-treatment data and 1 with a dosing error). Of the 53 patients whose data were analyzed, 22 were in the United States, 22 in Europe or Canada, and 9 in Japan. At baseline, 30 patients (57%) were receiving mechanical ventilation and 4 (8%) were receiving extracorporeal mem- brane oxygenation. During a median follow-up of 18 days, 36 patients (68%) had an improvement in oxygen-support class, including 17 of 30 patients (57%) receiving mechanical ventilation who were extubated. A total of 25 patients (47%) were discharged, and 7 patients (13%) died; mortality was 18% (6 of 34) among patients receiving invasive ventilation and 5% (1 of 19) among those not receiving invasive ventilation.

CONCLUSIONS
    In this cohort of patients hospitalized for severe Covid-19 who were treated with compassionate-use remdesivir, clinical improvement was observed in 36 of 53 pa- tients (68%). Measurement of efficacy will require ongoing randomized, placebo- controlled trials of remdesivir therapy. (Funded by Gilead Sciences.)

Full article at link.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056...icleTools=true

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Only question I can answer is Gilead owns the patent, that was the drug orphan status was granted to. Still has to go through another phase but maybe be approved in the summer. Ramping and cost question marks.
    Side effects were in the full article. Lots more to be tested if it works like will early administration head off severe cases.
    vy65

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GREAT NEWS

Compassionate Use of Remdesivir for Patients with Severe Covid-19

Remdesivir, a nucleotide analogue prodrug that inhibits viral RNA polymerases, has shown in vitro activity against SARS-CoV-2.
    METHODS
    We provided remdesivir on a compassionate-use basis to patients hospitalized with Covid-19, the illness caused by infection with SARS-CoV-2. Patients were those with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection who had an oxygen saturation of 94% or less while they were breathing ambient air or who were receiving oxygen support. Patients received a 10-day course of remdesivir, consisting of 200 mg administered intravenously on day 1, followed by 100 mg daily for the remaining 9 days of treat- ment. This report is based on data from patients who received remdesivir during the period from January 25, 2020, through March 7, 2020, and have clinical data for at least 1 subsequent day.

RESULTS
    Of the 61 patients who received at least one dose of remdesivir, data from 8 could not be analyzed (including 7 patients with no post-treatment data and 1 with a dosing error). Of the 53 patients whose data were analyzed, 22 were in the United States, 22 in Europe or Canada, and 9 in Japan. At baseline, 30 patients (57%) were receiving mechanical ventilation and 4 (8%) were receiving extracorporeal mem- brane oxygenation. During a median follow-up of 18 days, 36 patients (68%) had an improvement in oxygen-support class, including 17 of 30 patients (57%) receiving mechanical ventilation who were extubated. A total of 25 patients (47%) were discharged, and 7 patients (13%) died; mortality was 18% (6 of 34) among patients receiving invasive ventilation and 5% (1 of 19) among those not receiving invasive ventilation.

CONCLUSIONS
    In this cohort of patients hospitalized for severe Covid-19 who were treated with compassionate-use remdesivir, clinical improvement was observed in 36 of 53 pa- tients (68%). Measurement of efficacy will require ongoing randomized, placebo- controlled trials of remdesivir therapy. (Funded by Gilead Sciences.)

Full article at link.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056...icleTools=true
    It is good news. Maddening to have to wait for the definitive studies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word is Abbot will sign an executive order next week to reopen Texas businesses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word is Abbot will sign an executive order next week to reopen Texas businesses.
    Well, a plan for reopening. Won't happen in the cities until May.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As the US grapples with 16.8 million job losses in the last three weeks – representing roughly one in 10 working Americans – the below image shows people waiting in their cars on Thursday for the San Antonio Food Bank in Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can work from home but “they” like me at work cause of my wisdom/knowing wtf to do.
    I will be conflicted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is good news. Maddening to have to wait for the definitive studies.
    Just pray it doesn’t get manufactured in China. That’s one thing Trash can do for us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some optimisim from bouts
    G F Y

After 3 months and counting of ups, how will the Repugs this up?

What will Jared ing Kushner do with it?

============

"On 9 October
    2015, the United States Army Medical Research Ins ute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) announced encouraging preclinical results that

the GS-5734 compound had blocked the
    Ebola virus in Rhesus monkeys.

The
    West African Ebola virus epidemic lasted from 2013 to 2016. Travis Warren, who has been USAMRIID's principal investigator since 2007, said that

the "work is a result of the continuing collaboration between USAMRIID and Gilead Sciences.
    [10]

The "initial screening" of the "Gilead Sciences compound library to find molecules with promising antiviral activity" was performed by scientists at the
    Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).["

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remdesivir

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what if employees have more brains the Abbott/Cruz/Cornhole/Patrick and refuse to return to work fearing for their safety?

We saw the WI Repugs and Repug SCOTUS force voters to vote when Repugs said they must vote or lose their vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what if employees have more brains the Abbott/Cruz/Cornhole/Patrick and refuse to return to work fearing for their safety?
    It's a good question. I was thinking more of the potential of Abbott's trying to overrule local officials, but haven't seen evidence that will happen so far.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 weeks from now is way too early

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a good question. I was thinking more of the potential of Abbott's trying to overrule local officials, but haven't seen evidence that will happen so far.
    one punishment would be Abbott cutting off people's unemployment benefits if their jobs are operational.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they are going to try to reopen in May they need to be hiring and training thousands of people to identify contacts of newly infected people and get them quarantined. Only way to beat this virus is to get ahead of it and stay ahead of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. If they choose not to respect god's virus, they should stay home for two weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love thy neighbor

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump rambles about ‘genius’ coronavirus during long-winded briefing:

‘The germ has gotten so brilliant’

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/wat...irus-briefing/

Thread Information