Page 706 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2066066566967027037047057067077087097107167568061206 ... LastLast
Results 17,626 to 17,650 of 40768
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TUESDAY, May 5, 2020 (HealthDay News) -- As many states began to reopen their economies on Monday, a new internal report from the Trump administration predicts that will come at a cost: There will be 200,000 new coronavirus cases and 3,000 deaths every day by the end of May.
    Yea, no one is dying daily. It is fake news that America leads the world in cases and deaths that total more than 100,000 people. Just stop testing and start praying & it will all just go away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, no one is dying daily. It is fake news that America leads the world in cases and deaths that total more than 100,000 people. Just stop testing and start praying & it will all just go away.
    Didnt you hear? nobody cares about corona anymore

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already has. Flu season is over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to normalize for population size, to be fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TUESDAY, May 5, 2020 (HealthDay News) -- As many states began to reopen their economies on Monday, a new internal report from the Trump administration predicts that will come at a cost: There will be 200,000 new coronavirus cases and 3,000 deaths every day by the end of May.
    Some here were saying there'd be 110MM cases by July or so and half those would be admitted so the hospitals would be overwhelmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to normalize for population size, to be fair.
    They only do that with democrat run states. They don't do it when it doesn't serve their needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some here were saying there'd be 110MM cases by July or so and half those would be admitted so the hospitals would be overwhelmed.
    It was much less than that, IIRC... I recall discussing the math with vy65. The math was if we had over 1M hospitalized at the same time, we would be officially overwhelmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC now valorizing mass death as a social cleanser.

Be careful what you wish for, pandemics aren't as picky as you are.
    mass deaths? So when a county annexes a region, those people are slaughtered?

You ing idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was much less than that, IIRC... I recall discussing the math with vy65. The math was if we had over 1M hospitalized at the same time, we would be officially overwhelmed.
    Dr. Brian Monahan, the attending physician of Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court, said he expects 70 million to 150 million people in the United States will become infected with COVID-19, NBC News reported Wednesday, citing two sources.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/up-t...ctor-says.html

Take the median (110MM cases) and, I'll be generous, say only half (55MM) seek emergency care. That's almost a 50% increase in the amount of visits in 3-9 months. Do you think the system can handle that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is the lock down over now?

Asking for a friend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Asking for a friend

For chaos and destruction, yes.

For business, only if your intention is to kill grandma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr. Brian Monahan
    this guy?
    https://www.republicanleader.senate....ates-congress-

IIRC, the initial reports contemplated not doing anything. At any rate, what I was pointing out was some discussions we had here. I believe the stat was the US has 330,000 hospital bed capacity or something of the sort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Asking for a friend
    It's been relaxed in a number of cities. Where's your friend at?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Asking for a friend
    Don't you live in Texas?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hole Repug states continuing to spread

https://rt.live/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    900k beds, 600k normally already filled. Nationally. Regional capacity varies widely. Get a large percentage of that last 300k filled, and you have an overwhelmed system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr. Brian Monahan, the attending physician of Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court, said he expects 70 million to 150 million people in the United States will become infected with COVID-19, NBC News reported Wednesday, citing two sources.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/up-t...ctor-says.html

Take the median (110MM cases) and, I'll be generous, say only half (55MM) seek emergency care. That's almost a 50% increase in the amount of visits in 3-9 months. Do you think the system can handle that?
    Emergency room visit =/= admitting to hospital

FWTW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks like Georgia is leading the wave.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't believe watching the local news yesterday that 21% of Bexar County's ventilators are currently in use when there is almost no COVID in the area. How completely ed is this county going to be once COVID actually does e here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seems like infection rates have ticked up in just about every location that has ended lockdowns.

That does not support the position that they do not work at all.

Again a testable hypothesis. We are in the laboratory and virus truthers want us to gamble with my son and fathers lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol, developed by former CEO of Instagram

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seems like infection rates have ticked up in just about every location that has ended lockdowns.

Again a testable hypothesis. We are in the laboratory and virus truthers want us to gamble with my son and fathers lives.
    Increased testing. Trend has been down for weeks. Too sad for your limited math

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol which is the problem. They didn't use appropriate modeling and then projected more ignorance off of flawed data. Sadly people still can't comprehend this.

Prediction was 3k dead per day and 200k cases. Predicted on the first week of May... sad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not a peep about the nationwide protests

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't believe watching the local news yesterday that 21% of Bexar County's ventilators are currently in use when there is almost no COVID in the area. How completely ed is this county going to be once COVID actually does e here?
    We only have around a 100 ventilator's in the county

Thread Information