My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can tell he's so over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can tell he's so over it.
    and your hero thinks these murderers are worth pardoning over... well everybody else.

What does that say about your hero?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and your hero thinks these murderers are worth pardoning over... well everybody else.

What does that say about your hero?
    Moar narrative to help you sleep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    siccing his supporters on the US Congress was a really dumb move

Huddled for a lengthy meeting with his legal advisers, Trump was warned the pardons he once hoped to bestow upon his family and even himself would place him in a legally perilous position, convey the appearance of guilt and potentially make him more vulnerable to reprisals.

So, too, was Trump warned that pardons for Republican lawmakers who had sought them for their role in the Capitol insurrection would anger the very Senate Republicans who will determine his fate in an upcoming impeachment trial.

White House counsel Pat Cipollone and another attorney who represented Trump in his first impeachment trial, Eric Herschmann, offered the grave warnings as Trump, his daughter Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner listened. Other lawyers joined by telephone. They all told Trump he should not pardon himself, his family or any GOP lawmakers in a prospective manner unless he was prepared to list specific crimes.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/19/polit...ing/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the Capitol siege was all Antifa, why would Congressmen need pardons?

Trump warned that pardons for Republican lawmakers who had sought them for their role in the Capitol insurrection would anger the very Senate Republicans who will determine his fate in an upcoming impeachment trial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sometime between now and 11:55AM tomorrow, Trump will pardon more people. Steve Bannon is rumored to be one. Another is Elliott Broidy.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/elliott-broidy-pleads-guilty-back-channel-lobbying-campaign-drop-1mdb-investigation-and
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...ghlight=broidy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lil Weezy is among them too. Guy loves to bail out criminals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bannon egged on the mob from his 'War Room" near Capital Hill

Late at night on Jan. 5, the day before President Donald Trump was scheduled to deliver a defiant speech before thousands of his most dedicated supporters, his former adviser Steve Bannon was podcasting from his studio near Capitol Hill. He had been on the air several times a day for weeks, hyping the narrative that this was the moment that patriots could stand up and pull out a Trump win.

“It’s all converging, and now we’re on the point of attack tomorrow. It’s going to kick off, it’s going to be very dramatic,” Bannon said in his fluent patter, on a day that would see four of his “War Room” shows posted online, up from his usual two or three. “It’s going to be quite extraordinarily different. And all I can say is strap in. You have made this happen and tomorrow it’s game day.”

The next morning Bannon was back. “We’re right on the cusp of victory,” Bannon said, as protesters massed at the Ellipse to hear from Trump.

“This is not a day for fantasy, this is a day for maniacal focus. Focus, focus, focus,” Bannon went on. “It’s them against us. Who can impose their will on the other side.”

To the protesters massing in Washington, Bannon’s message was clear: They could force the outcome by pressuring Vice President Mike Pence and Congress not to certify the electoral vote.
    https://www.propublica.org/article/t...s-of-listeners

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like a cat trying cover a turd

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump thought the media and even his own people were going to pay attention to him instead of the incoming president and the inauguration itself. Bad mistake. Not even his staffers want to be at this farewell tour.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tall cons utional weeds for me, maybe one of our resident legal minds can illuminate. is the guy who corrected Mueller's deputy correct?

ElNono
    vy65
    spurraider21
    Will Hunting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump thought the media and even his own people were going to pay attention to him instead of the incoming president and the inauguration itself. Bad mistake. Not even his staffers want to be at this farewell tour.
    The Shunning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tall cons utional weeds for me, maybe one of our resident legal minds can illuminate. is the guy who corrected Mueller's deputy correct?

ElNono
    vy65
    spurraider21
    Will Hunting

Well, if I'm understanding correctly, Andrew is saying they could be compelled to testify as witnesses, not defendants. The defendant in this case would be Trump.

But, unless offered some sort of immunity, they could certainly plead the fifth, considering some items they might testify about might involve them.

It's complicated. You also have Executive Privilege, since Bannon was an adviser to the President.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    by rumor again, nothing has been announced.

Former Detroit mayor, Kwame kilpatrick..Lil Wayne, Kodak Black

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Exotic, I need a professional haircut too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here it is, not sure if there's time for more

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...emency-012021/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unusual progression in the interest that justice be done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t see the tiger dude in there but lol at the explainer given on Bannon.

“Mr. Bannon has been an important leader in the conservative movement and is known for his political a en.”

Nice reason for a pardon, eh?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Exotic, I need a professional haircut too.

Looks like he just wasted good money he’s gonna need inside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aviem Sella – President Trump granted a full pardon to Aviem Sella. Mr. Sella is an Israeli citizen who was indicted in 1986 for espionage in relation to the Jonathan Pollard case. Mr. Sella’s request for clemency is supported by the Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu, Israeli Ambassador to the United States Ron Dermer, the United States Ambassador to Israel David Friedman, and Miriam Adelson. The State of Israel has issued a full and unequivocal apology, and has requested the pardon in order to close this unfortunate chapter in U.S.-Israel relations.

what they say about this stuff... good goy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by Winehole23; 01-20-2021 at 02:16 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's a point of guile to feign solidarity with people you're trying to screw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is kind of wow

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I guess Glenn Greenwald is pissed that Assange/Snowden didn't get pardons so he's done semen shielding for Donald Trump?

Thread Information