Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MAGAts have nothing to do but whine and anywhere they can.
    Are you being purposely ironic? The only people ing in this thread are leftists.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always said by the people who voted for the most ignorant celebrity.
    He still living in your head? Come on man it's a new day move on it's Biden's time right now

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He still living in your head? Come on man it's a new day move on it's Biden's time right now
    Thank god

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to build a sports complex in New Braunfels/San Marcos and eventually put NBA, MLB, and NFL there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starbucks Seattle Arena

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team needs a new arena, not just a sponsor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to build a sports complex in New Braunfels/San Marcos and eventually put NBA, MLB, and NFL there.
    I can see it. The Texas Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming soon WABA!!!
    WHATABURGER ARENA!!! GSG!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team needs a new arena, not just a sponsor.
    Why? The building is less than 20 years old.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Churches Chicken next, plz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frost Bank Center. Coming soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will never happen. The Jones Family will never allow another NFL franchise in Texas. Simple as that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? The building is less than 20 years old.
    when the lease is up, the building will be over 30 years old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when the lease is up, the building will be over 30 years old.
    Yea its pretty much obsolete by todays standards, and planning for a future in sa isnt a bad thing

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frost bank arena

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys are missing the obvious. It will be Dell Arena. Dell and his group didn't buy 30% of the Spurs for bragging rights. They are playing the long game and waiting to buy another 21% and move the Spurs to Austin. Hopefully they'll be called the Texas Spurs in 2030.
    I think you are on the right track. Most NBA franchises aren't financially profitable based on their ticket sales and local advertising alone. Moving the Spurs into an even smaller market would be problematic for that reason alone, not to mention the black players prejudices against a small market with limited Black demographics. Buying a 30% interest is a guaranteed indicator of some bigger changes on the horizon. Neither ATT nor any other major company will be interested in naming rights on an arena that may be out of business in the future as a advertising space on national tv for televised games.

On the other hand, Spurs have been pretty frugal in the past in regard to sheer franchise operating profit and loss. They generally have tried to stay in a profitable zone, much to the disgust of Spurs Talk "financiers" who expect the franchise to be run as some sort of charitable public corporation that ignores the profit/loss statement. Fans demands for spending money on Superstars, no matter how unrealistic that may be, are irrelevant bull to the rich owners whose money talks. After all, it takes two to tango and we haven't had major superstars beating down the doors to sign here, eh?

A major corporation like Dell could be looking at national advertising on the cheap with every televised game with their naming rights costs being monetized and paid for out of a share of operating profits. Depends on the profit distribution, if any, and write-off IRS issues too complicated for Spurs Talk posters. No company like Dell is going to make a sizeable buy of stock in a privately held corporation just on a whim of Don Dell. This is a matter for the CPA advisors and no irrelevant chatter by financially ignorant Spurs Talk fans will matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was 61-39, hardly a close shave. Locals realized there was no personal pain in approving the arena, and they’ll likely do it again. Time to raze the Alamodome, and build on that spot. Monster truck shows, HS all star football games, and a 3rd rate bowl game shouldn’t stand in the way of a well placed first rate NBA arena.
    The Alamo Dome was built as a payoff to the wealthy owners of the property who are part of the "old 400" families who have controlled SA for years via money and politics. The site was virtually unsaleable because of environmental issues about the toxicity of the land beneath the old foundry buildings. Remember how that didn't come out until after the purchase that bailed out the owners? Why did no one in power ask the questions necessary for citizens to understand what they were buying with their tax dollars? Do you think the environmental concerns should have been mentioned as a probable cause for an increase in the cost? What about parking? Sure, there is a limited amount of parking for the rich, but what huge public arena in Texas should be built without adequate parking for a normal NFL franchise? Any reputable architect should have noted/blasted the lack of parking for a 60,000 seat stadium--- and that it didn't meet NFL standards just because it would seat enough people (if you could get them there) Instead Cisneros sold the dream of an NFL franchise to gullible voters on a bond issue.

Now the Alamo Dome mostly sits empty because there are limited users, even as a convention center or occasional Bowl game to make it more than a beached whale. It was totally unsuitable for a NBA stadium as well, so the gullible voters went for another deal out by the old Stock Show arena. I agree that the Convention Center complex downtown could use a more marketable facility, but how many times will the voters buy into the pitch that "this is what we need to keep the Spurs and add to the value of our convention business." We paid for the old Hemisphere Arena uplift disaster and then the Alamo Dome disaster and now the ATT arena out in the boonies. Doesn't it ever register that we are being led by the nose to benefit the rich?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Churches Chicken next, plz.
    Man that sucks now. Amazing in the 80s and 90s but has fallen off so much this century.

Thread Information