Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    <br>
    <br>
    PPG isn't everything.
    I understand. But are you saying he is an great rebounder, defender, interior defender, passer or shooter?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funnily enough, Sengun would have been perfect as scoring threat passer with McDermott.

Anyone see that nutmeg pass he dropped?

Would have been so fun to watch.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Indiana trade. Yikes. This off-season is trending in the wrong direction again.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs, as I’ve said, care more about being nice than doing what’s good for the team. It’s gotten them nothing especially considering they do everyone favors, send players where they want and help teams steal our coaches.

But when it comes to trades all you hear is how teams won’t deal with Sa. So again, how is this helping?
    It is tiring to see the Spurs FO acting like cucks while every organization s on them. Even the Knicks humiliated us with the Morris fiasco, costing us Bertans and forcing an extra year into Carrol's contract. Even something as simple as signing a one dimensional scrub like McNugget has to involve us giving up assets. Won't be surprised if the DeRozan trade ends up with us having to forfeit one of our youngsters

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Funnily enough, Sengun would have been perfect as scoring threat passer with McDermott.

Anyone see that nutmeg pass he dropped?

Would have been so fun to watch.
    Wasn't classy enough for our organization apparently

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get it. How do you make it a trade to help Pacers get a TE instead of outright signing him with cap space and manage to lose this trade?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If were a top 5 team by 2023 we lose this trade. We should hope we are not contending by then so we don't look like idiots and lose a second rounder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Brian Wright used to share cubicles in Orlando with yet another intern who joined Indiana. Got to hook up those former intern-bros like paying Toronto $5 million and Danny Green

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good find, Chinook.

Wow, I take back anything positive I said about the picks in this trade. That's such a pitiful return that the Spurs shouldn't have even agreed to do the trade. The Pacers would have to be a top-five team in the NBA in 2023 or the Spurs would have to finish with a better record than both Indiana and Miami in 2026 to be able to swap a second rounder in that draft. And then even if the latter situation happens, the Spurs get the worse of the Indiana and Miami picks. The chances of this trade benefiting the Spurs are microscopic.

And, yeah, if the Spurs miraculously become a top-five team in the NBA in 2023, they'll actually lose on a trade where they were doing the Pacers a favor

If there's not more to the story (like cash [which would be a pretty lame reason, too, tbh] or these details are wrong), there was no reason to complete the trade. Not only do you get nothing in this trade, you set a bad precedent for future trades. Creating a $7 million trade exception for the Pacers should have been worth something tangible. This makes it look like the Spurs were just playing that "nice guy" role again.
    This trade is embarrassingly bad, and proves Brian Wright has no business near the transactions for this franchise. Grade A moron.

All these coaches and personnel heading elsewhere from the Spurs and we bring in this complete dip .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If were a top 5 team by 2023 we lose this trade. We should hope we are not contending by then so we don't look like idiots and lose a second rounder.
    Top 5 team in the NBA or the West? Even in the West everything would have to align near perfect. No way we become too 5 in the whole league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Divrsity hire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This off season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's that racism this board is famous for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 5 team in the NBA or the West? Even in the West everything would have to align near perfect. No way we become too 5 in the whole league.
    Brian Wright's latest success story seems to be (based on realgm future picks detailed page) ... Managing to leverage a sign and trade with the Pacers, who wanted the trade exception, into a deal where it's entirely possible the Spurs could send a second rounder without getting any picks in return. Not a high chance, but non-zero.

So since so many want to excuse every move he makes because he's a helpless innocent with zero power, who is to be held responsible for this new mess?

Which elderly sleepy individual is the real culprit here? Who dares keep Wright from getting a guaranteed second rounder in return?
    Objective thinks there is a non zero chance and he thinks Wright is an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is awful.

Brian Wright again doing idiotic awful things. At what point does he get his ass handed to him and his keycard to Spurs facilities revoked? .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is that racist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is either unqualified and terrible at his job or unqualified and not doing his job, but got hired by the most socially progressive front office because he posts videos about George Floyd. But yeah, throw out stupid baseless accusations of racism with regard to reality. You’re basically a trump supporter, congrats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is that racist?
    Dude, how the is that not racist? Go yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, how the is that not racist? Go yourself.
    Your assertion, your burden. Given that you can’t articulate the accusation, I’ll take that as “no, it’s actually not racist.”

stop being mean to Brian

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is awful.

Brian Wright again doing idiotic awful things. At what point does he get his ass handed to him and his keycard to Spurs facilities revoked? .

At what point, one asks? Never, of course. He will never be fired for anything involving the basketball team. Competence is not a condition of employment for Spurs upper management. That’s clear enough. It’s been clear for some time now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is either unqualified and terrible at his job or unqualified and not doing his job, but got hired by the most socially progressive front office because he posts videos about George Floyd. But yeah, throw out stupid baseless accusations of racism with regard to reality. You’re basically a trump supporter, congrats.
    Baseless accusations, indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baseless accusations, indeed.
    This isn't a complete thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't a complete thought.
    sure it is. your claim that he got hired "because he posts videos about George Floy" is baseless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs are a top 5 team in 2023- a second round pick swap would be so far down the list of concerns it’s remarkable how much emotional energy some have dedicated to it.

some incredibly sad individuals in this thread

Thread Information