My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ fortune cookie talk
    Mighty big of you to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously some dissented. What did they dissent from?
    No, it has nothing to do with that. They simply did not rule on the merits of the law. They'll get to that later on when the case gets there.

They ruled on an emergency request to suspend the law from taking effect until it gets to them.

As a matter of fact, this is part of the news report:
    The majority stressed that it was not ruling on the cons utionality of the Texas law and did not mean to limit “procedurally proper challenges” to it.

What's relatively new about this is that generally these emergency stays are granted, because they they cause irreparable harm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I see it is the court is actually going to look at the real, tangible effect this law has on abortion providers, etc, which would actually bolster the point of it being uncons utional.

Unless they suddenly decide that States' rights are above individual rights, which would be novel in itself.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So DMC is another alter ego of derp or is he just another idiot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, but the intellectual convergence is striking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ladies:

Ask your doc how to use abortion pills safely; should you choose to use them it might be a good idea to be within a half hour of a hospital in case of complications.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while the statute might not grant attorneys fees.... at least in CA there is a specific statute that allows for a party to be sanctioned for filing a frivolous suit, generally, including a payment of attorneys fees

im not familiar enough with texas codes, but i have to imagine there is some basic framework to prevent purely frivolous suits
    not sure if this text is current

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/D.../htm/CP.10.htm

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine living in 21st century, being only able to express your sexuality in an anonymous forum
    Such a person would be a giant step past you. You're deep in dat closet.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao "American Taliban" being said by the party who aligns with Jihadists, Maoists, Stalinists, et al... WGAF what any of them have to say tbh!
    They make up new brands to distract from their own bull sh**.

Alt right was coined to make Hillary look like a so-called moderate.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ladies:

Ask your doc how to use abortion pills safely; should you choose to use them it might be a good idea to be within a half hour of a hospital in case of complications.

There's no ladies in this forum (not counting Reck).

That light bulb not burning too bright these days, eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks very similar to the CA one i had in mind. good find

so if you just bring a suit against random people in texas for no good reason other than to harass (ie suing a lawmaker just because them), you'll get hit with one of these

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Enjoy it while we can, methinks it will not stand the gaffe. -face Biden is eschewing fires in Newsom's California, that ass hat General Honorae(sp) in LA., and murderous flooding in the blue state stronghold trio to throw all the power of the gov't and DOJ to get after this Texas business.

That race hustling looked at his watch as the 13 children ("stepped" down from the plane).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would be a shame if thousands of people made bots to spoof tips

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ fortune cookie talk
    All that is missing are the lucky numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks very similar to the CA one i had in mind. good find

so if you just bring a suit against random people in texas for no good reason other than to harass (ie suing a lawmaker just because them), you'll get hit with one of these
    It’s really hard to win a Rule 13 motion for sanctions in state court - plus most the counties where these lawsuits come up are going to have judges sympathetic to the cause. I don’t see many lawyers bringing frivolous abobo lawsuits in places like Travis or Harris county

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s really hard to win a Rule 13 motion for sanctions in state court - plus most the counties where these lawsuits come up are going to have judges sympathetic to the cause. I don’t see many lawyers bringing frivolous abobo lawsuits in places like Travis or Harris county
    yeah, but people on social media are talking about filing random lawsuits against lawmakers under the new abortion law for no reason other than the fact that they dont like these people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not "mother"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Daddy pulls the plug on the Texas Right to Life tipline

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting article -- suggests the US anti-abortion movement was a stalking horse for segregated schools and a convenient club to bash Jimmy Carter with in retaliation for forced busing.

In 1971, delegates to the Southern Baptist Convention in St. Louis, Missouri, passed a resolution encouraging “Southern Baptists to work for legislation that will allow the possibility of abortion under such conditions as rape, incest, clear evidence of severe fetal deformity, and carefully ascertained evidence of the likelihood of damage to the emotional, mental, and physical health of the mother.” The convention, hardly a redoubt of liberal values, reaffirmed that position in 1974, one year after Roe, and again in 1976.

When the Roe decision was handed down, W. A. Criswell, the Southern Baptist Convention’s former president and pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas—also one of the most famous fundamentalists of the 20th century—was pleased: “I have always felt that it was only after a child was born and had a life separate from its mother that it became an individual person,” he said, “and it has always, therefore, seemed to me that what is best for the mother and for the future should be allowed.”
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...rigins-107133/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Green v. Connally ruling provided a necessary first step: It captured the attention of evangelical leaders , especially as the IRS began sending questionnaires to church-related “segregation academies,” including Falwell’s own Lynchburg Christian School, inquiring about their racial policies. Falwell was furious. “In some states,” he famously complained, “It’s easier to open a massage parlor than a Christian school.”

One such school, Bob Jones University—a fundamentalist college in Greenville, South Carolina—was especially obdurate. The IRS had sent its first letter to Bob Jones University in November 1970 to ascertain whether or not it discriminated on the basis of race. The school responded defiantly: It did not admit African Americans.

Although Bob Jones Jr., the school’s founder, argued that racial segregation was mandated by the Bible, Falwell and Weyrich quickly sought to shift the grounds of the debate, framing their opposition in terms of religious freedom rather than in defense of racial segregation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Daddy pulls the plug on the Texas Right to Life tipline

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CEO's name is Rob Monster. Not even kidding...

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/08/96544...websites-alive

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I wouldn't have linked this tweet. The guy offering those silenced an outlet is "basically a Hitler"? Sure this so-called local cyber security professional isn't actually a local freshman student?

If BLM can have a site then so can the s bag neo-nazis. Both push conspiracies and hate.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 09-04-2021 at 03:40 AM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Did the state leg include anything in the law to prevent TCPA motions being used against abortion lawsuits? If not it seems like TX state courts are about to be overwhelmed with thousands of abortion lawsuits and TCPA motions to get them dismissed

Thread Information