Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the texas law survives, it would set the precedent allowing any state to create civil liability for other protected actions. imagine CA passes a law allowing any citizen to sue anybody for, say, owning a gun, and collecting a bounty + attorney fees.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    if the texas law survives, it would set the precedent allowing any state to create civil liability for other protected actions. imagine CA passes a law allowing any citizen to sue anybody for, say, owning a gun, and collecting a bounty + attorney fees.
    Even if SCOTUS upholds the TX law I expect it to be modified next year after Texas state courts get slammed with new abortion cases and can't function because they're so crowded. The TX courts were already jammed up due to 'Rona.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    vy65 am I missing something or is virtually every abortion lawsuit going to get answered by a TCPA motion? Abortion definitely qualifies as a "matter of public concern"

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ...total chaos. Suits me to a (t).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...total chaos. Suits me to a (t).
    thats why there's no chance this law is upheld. courts will not uphold a law where the precedent would lead to absurd results

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    thats why there's no chance this law is upheld. courts will not uphold a law where the precedent would lead to absurd results
    ...and, where's the rest of it, 21?...something about a shed. tee, hee.

-The Shed-

A short story by the Cubster

"Here it is, Cully. This is it."

"What, what is it?"

"A shed."

"I can see that. What's it for?"

"It's called a cuck shed. I, well, him and I found it on the Internet thru the Urban Dictionary portal."

"What the..."

I glanced back to his house and saw the curtains move.

"He's watching. That's my province, Girl. Mine and mine alone."

"Not anymore. You can't watch, Cully. You always cry while we're mating."

My loins flared at the sound of her talking in such naughty terms.

"I enjoy crying while watching, Girl. It's part of the system for me. Please."

"No more, Cully. When he's ing me and hears you crying in the corner he gets upset. I don't mind, but he is very put out."

"Bend over. I'll show you in' put out."

"No, seriously, darling, just go inside and you'll see, you'll love it."

"You'll lock me in there, then go inside and . Right?" My Signature Eddie Bauer jeans, my very best threatened to tent.

"Boy, your jeans are tenting."

"I feel like crying. How big is this in' thing? Looks awfully small, Girl."

"No, it's to the actual specifications for a cuck shed, 3x5, filled with "fun objects and other amenities" just like the building plans state here in this brochure. See?"

I could smell her scent as I leaned in close. Ann Klein II. He'd special ordered it for her from the UK after the U.S. quit it.

"Listen, boy; 'A Cuck Shed.' He's the Chad and this Cuck Shed will keep your entertained while I'm as they say in the description: 'getting plowed.'"

"Oh-my-God, but his name ain't Chad, Girl. What the..."

"Of course not, that's the common word for him, but don't rub that in, Cully. It would hurt his feelings. Okay, little boy?" With a lace of baby-talk.

My Fruits were dampening and quickly. I turned my attention back to the shed.

"Does it have A/C?"

"Did that Horry guy can that howitzer?"

"Bend over. I'll show you a in' howitzer."

"Boy, he's waiting for me." That impatient tone told me to be "Careful" as John Coffey had warned that Trump hater in -The Green Mile-

"You're gonna him without me watching?"

"Uh, huh."

I loved when she "Uh, huh's" before sex.

I brazened it out nonetheless...

"What would happen if I sneak back into his house anyway?"

(to be continued)
    Last edited by Thread; 09-09-2021 at 04:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vy65 am I missing something or is virtually every abortion lawsuit going to get answered by a TCPA motion? Abortion definitely qualifies as a "matter of public concern"
    There are so many ty parts of the law, which one are you referring to? There's an exemption for "an enforcement action that is brought in the name of this state or a political subdivision of this state by the attorney general, a district attorney, a criminal district attorney, or a county attorney" which would likely cover anything the state does.

Are you saying that the private right of action brought by an anti-abobo citizen against an abobo-haver? I'd still say likely no still given the limits on "free speech" and "free association" in recent cases and last years amendments, but I could be wrong.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    There are so many ty parts of the law, which one are you referring to? There's an exemption for "an enforcement action that is brought in the name of this state or a political subdivision of this state by the attorney general, a district attorney, a criminal district attorney, or a county attorney" which would likely cover anything the state does.

Are you saying that the private right of action brought by an anti-abobo citizen against an abobo-haver? I'd still say likely no still given the limits on "free speech" and "free association" in recent cases and last years amendments, but I could be wrong.
    Yeah I’m talking about a private citizen lawsuit, say a private citizen sues an Uber driver for driving someone to an abortion clinic for “aiding and abetting.”

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah I’m talking about a private citizen lawsuit, say a private citizen sues an Uber driver for driving someone to an abortion clinic for “aiding and abetting.”
    "Oh, yeah, aidin' and abettin'. We take a dim view of that here."

That cop -My Cousin Vinny-

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Imo it seems like the goal of the law was to put almost every abortion provider in Texas out of business by making it so there couldn’t be any injunctive relief before the law is eventually overturned.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess TX appeals to 5th circuit, Priscilla Owen! LOL

the ty, extreme, politicized New Orleans 5th agrees with TX

Feds appeal, it goes to SCOTUS, where the Papists side with pedophile RCC. R v W overturned, stare decisis ed.

House Dems pass a law codifiying the right to abortion, the minority Senate Repugs block it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My guess TX appeals to 5th circuit, Priscilla Owen! LOL

the ty, extreme, politicized New Orleans 5th agrees with TX

Feds appeal, it goes to SCOTUS, where the Papists side with pedophile RCC. R v W overturned, stare decisis ed.

House Dems pass a law codifiying the right to abortion, the minority Senate Repugs block it.
    I'd be so happy, bouts.

And listen, you guys always court shop for your best outcome. You taught us all these dirty, underhanded machinations. We finally started using them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dip , I just asked you to clarify your point.

I didn't think that was too hard, but I was obviously mistaken.
    When I'm talking to you I'll clarify. Is that clear enough?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bad for business

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    bad for business

- "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I'm talking to you I'll clarify. Is that clear enough?
    Fair enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very much worth harping on.

If Republicans really wanted to limit abortions they would be supporting policies like this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very much worth harping on.

If Republicans really wanted to limit abortions they would be supporting policies like this.
    Abortion is like immigration reform, Repugs use both "social issues" as campaign tactics.

They don't want to reduce or solve either, rather they want to use them to inflame their ignorant, stupid, white/Christian grievance voters.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Abortion is like immigration reform, Repugs use both "social issues" as campaign tactics.

They don't want to reduce or solve either, rather they want to use them to inflame their ignorant, stupid, white/Christian grievance voters.
    Your side does exactly the same thing. You just like to dish it. You don't like to take it, bouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ion-ban-508275

Atleast they are legal USA citizens unlike the illegal kids that have Corvus coming in by the thousands
    If the state can ban our cons utional rights simply by paying thugs to do their dirty work for them, we effectively have no cons utional rights at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup.

you speak more truth than many are prepared to accept.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the state can ban our cons utional rights simply by paying thugs to do their dirty work for them, we effectively have no cons utional rights at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry this is happening to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry this is happening to you.
    I'm not sure you mental midgets have really thought this through.

Well, what we can do is pass laws that offer $10,000 rewards for anyone who sues someone for being a member of the Republican party.

After all, it isn't the government directly doing anything to the right of freedom of assembly or speech.

Right?

Thread Information