Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That looks like an awful trade for both teams...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...mpression=true

In this article by Bobby Marks it shows a 50% payment by October 1st...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windhorst was reporting 50% on October 1st. Not sure who the more reliable source would be.
    Woj also reporting 50%. Also sounds like Simmons could get fined up to about half his salary, so he could not do and sit on about 18MM.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...adelphia-76ers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj also reporting 50%. Also sounds like Simmons could get fined up to about half his salary, so he could not do and sit on about 18MM.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...adelphia-76ers
    It also says Marks contributed to thst article...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh i'm surprised OKC doesnt appear overly interested because they have tons of assets they could trade for Simmons. Seems like they are more content with losing right now and stacking up guys with potential
    They have a bunch of picks, but a third or fourth team would need to be involved to get Philly players to pair with Embiid. They’re not going to punt a year of prime Embiid.

And OKC isn’t trading SGA. I wouldn’t trade him straight up for Simmons.
    I'd be happy to facilitate the trade that send Simmons to OKC if it nets us several picks in the process. I'd rather have pics than Simmons anyway. It would solve the overcrowding roster issues. It would also help narrow the direction of the team (by removing players that can't coexist on the floor together)... and probably push us towards a higher draft pick by being worse this year.

But that's just wishing out loud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine giving up assets for Ben Simmons and then paying him $150 million over the next four years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wait until media day starts and reporters are asking non-stop questions about Simmons and see how quickly Doc and others get tired of it i really can't believe Philly is going to try and drag this out. just cut the cord and be done already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That sounds awful for both sides which is a rarity plus why on earth would Morey want to pair the softest, most injury prone C ever with his already injury prone C? some of these proposed ideas just make absolutely no sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sounds awful for both sides which is a rarity plus why on earth would Morey want to pair the softest, most injury prone C ever with his already injury prone C? some of these proposed ideas just make absolutely no sense
    It’s written by Tim Cowlishaw, so of course not to be taken as a legitimate basketball take lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean the Spurs don't have for talent to send out, but it's not like the Wolves are going to send anything decent out if they win the Simmons sweepstakes either. I don't see how Philly isn't getting raped in whatever deal they do between now and September 30th.
    The Spurs just don't have the centerpiece needed pull off a trade of this magnitude and the irony is, if you think Murray can make a genuine offensively leap (not just ppg due to mpg and usage), then at that point it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle considering all they'd need to include.

As is, their only shot is probably a convuluted process with multiple trades, starting with Young, to get them another 1stish type asset, followed by a tricky 3 or 4 teamer involving some combination of the Cavaliers (Sexton), Pacers (Brogdon or LeVert) and Raptors (Dragic).

The wonder boy shtick is overrated too. Morey got a heist of a deal when he got Harden from Thunder, but those were cir stances driven rather than any special insight into Harden's game that only Morey had. His deal for Howard was a bad one, the way it played out. He got Paul in a good deal with the Clippers, but that was also cir stances driven and the deal for Westbrook made the Rockets worse off. The Rockets should never have let Paul go, but they yielded to Harden who scooted the first opportunity he got.

Morey's teams barely worked out drafted talent and let them bloom into good players too. They were mostly dumped to make the next big move with a lot of bombast only for the Rockets coming up short. Morey's greatest contribution is the acceleration of the three point shooting drive that sucked the all-round joy out of basketball and made it like a video-game when the Rockets played. It was no wonder that the fans hated the Rockets despite their high scoring. It didn't yield them much success either unlike more well rounded teams that used three point shooting as *one* major weapon in the arsenal rather than making it the only weapon. Mid-range shooting stars like Durant, Middleton, Kawhi, who also played an all round game are now very valuable as are unicorns who dominate in the paint.

The RCB era in San Antonio lasted a long time and ever since Wright has taken over, there have been mistakes galore by the front office. That has taken the sheen off RCB a bit, but RCB towers way above Morey in success and defining how teams are constructed for the long haul.
    I can't stand Morey, but this is an inaccurate portrayal of what transpired. Signing a then star, in Howard and repeatedly going all-in with an in prime, increasingly impatient superstar, in Harden, who almost always had a co-star, were no brainers. Losing a power struggle (along with D'Antoni) to said superstar and Fer ta to make the Paul + picks for Westbrook trade, was bad luck.

Also, Wright is not the president of basketball operations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be happy to facilitate the trade that send Simmons to OKC if it nets us several picks in the process. I'd rather have pics than Simmons anyway. It would solve the overcrowding roster issues. It would also help narrow the direction of the team (by removing players that can't coexist on the floor together)... and probably push us towards a higher draft pick by being worse this year.

But that's just wishing out loud.
    OKC is one of the few teams that wouldn’t need a facilitator. They can literally absorb him into cap room, and send back only picks to Philly. He doesn’t seem like a fit there, though. I also doubt that Philly would let them off cheap, knowing they have like 17 FRPs stashed. Other teams in the hunt don’t have nearly those type of assets. If OKC wanted him, they’d have him by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    part of me wonders if this will finally be the scenario where a franchise stands up to a player for the long haul. of course, that's a very risky route to take for philly. ultimately, it comes down to whether there is a team dumb enough to give up all that philly is asking for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    part of me wonders if this will finally be the scenario where a franchise stands up to a player for the long haul. of course, that's a very risky route to take for philly. ultimately, it comes down to whether there is a team dumb enough to give up all that philly is asking for.
    Morey risks becoming a leper to Klutch, and that could make him unemployable. There’s a reason teams don’t stand up to players, and that reason is pretty much doubled when it comes to Klutch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobby Marks says 25% of the salary by October 1. Which is roughly $8.25 million, not as high as half, but still substantial.
    25% in July and 25% in Oct. 50% spread over 12 months

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If BS doesn’t show and they are better without him…? It’s possible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If BS doesn’t show and they are better without him…? It’s possible.
    Then it would lower his trade value even more

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aminu wished a happy birthday on Spurs social media today. He's here to stay? Someone is getting moved and/or cut.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a really complex situation that is time sensitive. Can't deny Simmons' all world talent but he brings a ton of baggage and a monster salary cap number. I'd rather the Spurs somehow help facilitate the trade like the Kings' deal which was proposed earlier in this thread and come away with a likely lottery pick. If it did happen certainly two of Murray, White and Keldon would be gone without even considering draft capital. Can't see the 76ers taking Walker or even Vassell instead of three already mentioned.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That looks like an awful trade for both teams...
    After watching Porzingis in the PO against the Clippers the last two years, Hornacek was dead on with the description of his playing style

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a really complex situation that is time sensitive. Can't deny Simmons' all world talent but he brings a ton of baggage and a monster salary cap number. I'd rather the Spurs somehow help facilitate the trade like the Kings' deal which was proposed earlier in this thread and come away with a likely lottery pick. If it did happen certainly two of Murray, White and Keldon would be gone without even considering draft capital. Can't see the 76ers taking Walker or even Vassell instead of three already mentioned.
    The only team getting a lottery pick in a multi team Simmons deal is Philly. Facilitating teams are lucky to pull a first rounder at all. Unless we take on some sort of awful contract, we won’t even get that.

Walker is from just up the road in Reading. Don’t underestimate that. DJ or white, plus Keldon, isn’t enough salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching Porzingis in the PO against the Clippers the last two years, Hornacek was dead on with the description of his playing style
    What did he say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly eating half his salary this year may make him more tradeable. His contract is goddawful for a player of his 'caliber,' both mentally and on the court.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not likely when they'll have to pay half his salary up front before they can even start fining him.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Walker is from just up the road in Reading. Don’t underestimate that.
    Mikal Bridges is from Malvern and played for Villanova. Don't overestimate Reading.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly brought this to themselves when they tried to trade him for Harden, that was the end of that. After that Ben was just looking for an excuse to say i'm out and they gave it to him both Doc and Embiid even though they weren't wrong but they weren't thinking long term when they did it and the ramification following that. Having said all of that, Spurs, stay away from Ben Simmons pls.

Thread Information