Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mikal Bridges is from Malvern and played for Villanova. Don't overestimate Reading.
    What does that have to do with anything? We’re talking about a potential trade btw Philly and the Spurs, and the poster said Lonnie wouldn’t be wanted. Box office draw is a thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did he say?
    He said Porzingis plays like a pussy when he was the coach, which pretty much began the divorce between Kristaps and the Knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly brought this to themselves when they tried to trade him for Harden, that was the end of that. After that Ben was just looking for an excuse to say i'm out and they gave it to him both Doc and Embiid even though they weren't wrong but they weren't thinking long term when they did it and the ramification following that. Having said all of that, Spurs, stay away from Ben Simmons pls.
    This can't be understated. Ben knew that he was almost gone, it literally came down before BK swooped in at the last minute. Add in everyone pilling on and the team not having his back, then openly shopping in in FA, and Simmons has no reason to do Philly any favors. He basically gave them a deadline to do what they were trying to do in the first place.

Philly couldn't have handled this more poorly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    part of me wonders if this will finally be the scenario where a franchise stands up to a player for the long haul. of course, that's a very risky route to take for philly. ultimately, it comes down to whether there is a team dumb enough to give up all that philly is asking for.
    It's Philly's fault, how would they be standing up to a Simmons when they caused the situation?

Simmons and everyone already knows that Harden was almost traded to Philly for him, Philly alienated him further after his bad playoffs, then openly shopped him. He doesn't want to be there, but only after Philly has repeatedly tried to move him. Morey not having people skills coming back to bite him tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at people saying this is the 76ers fault cause they tried to trade Ben for Harden. Uh, thats part of professional basketball. How about Ben shoot a ing shot that isn't a dunk sometime ? Maybe then Philly won't try and trade you ?

Oh my god they tried to trade me how can I go on playing for this franchise Why are they putting so much pressure on me to shoot a basketball don't they understand the mental anguish it causes me to square up my shoulders and toss a ball in the air with both hands This is unacceptable I am not even going to show up to camp I want out I want to go to a team that will let me run up and down the court fast as I can and guard the smallest guy on the other team where I can easily overwhelm him on defense with my length well unless it's trae young

I got a question...what is Ben going to do when he gets traded and a year from now a story comes out about how his new team is trying to get him to work on his shot in the summer? He going to ask to get traded again ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at people saying this is the 76ers fault cause they tried to trade Ben for Harden. Uh, thats part of professional basketball. How about Ben shoot a ing shot that isn't a dunk sometime ? Maybe then Philly won't try and trade you ?

Oh my god they tried to trade me how can I go on playing for this franchise Why are they putting so much pressure on me to shoot a basketball don't they understand the mental anguish it causes me to square up my shoulders and toss a ball in the air with both hands This is unacceptable I am not even going to show up to camp I want out I want to go to a team that will let me run up and down the court fast as I can and guard the smallest guy on the other team where I can easily overwhelm him on defense with my length well unless it's trae young

I got a question...what is Ben going to do when he gets traded and a year from now a story comes out about how his new team is trying to get him to work on his shot in the summer? He going to ask to get traded again ?
    Then it's really the new team's fault, knowing BS refuse to work with Philly for 3 summers and expect him to suddenly change.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think his problem is being involved in trade talks. I mean, he wants out. I think it is because Embid and Doc Rivers threw him under the bus right after playoff elimination and essentially blamed everything on him. Whether that's true or not, Sports Logic 101 says fellow players and coaches don't blame individual players for team losses. You win as a team and you lose as a team. Both Rivers and Embid broke that rule and likely did it to escape any of their own scrutiny. And it was totally unnecessary given that the media and the fans were going after Simmons anyway. But I'm sure he felt disrespected to have them put the loss solely on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "spurs contact pau gasol" thread from 2014 had over 150 pages ... 5x more than ben simmons. pretty wild lol

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=236782

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think his problem is being involved in trade talks. I mean, he wants out. I think it is because Embid and Doc Rivers threw him under the bus right after playoff elimination and essentially blamed everything on him. Whether that's true or not, Sports Logic 101 says fellow players and coaches don't blame individual players for team losses. You win as a team and you lose as a team. Both Rivers and Embid broke that rule and likely did it to escape any of their own scrutiny. And it was totally unnecessary given that the media and the fans were going after Simmons anyway. But I'm sure he felt disrespected to have them put the loss solely on him.
    Nobody blamed everything on Simmons. He just has the internal for ude of a rotting melon. He wants to go where he can futz around on court and not be relied on for anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Rivers and Embid broke that rule and likely did it to escape any of their own scrutiny. And it was totally unnecessary given that the media and the fans were going after Simmons anyway. But I'm sure he felt disrespected to have them put the loss solely on him.
    Rivers yes, barely. Embiid no.
    Embiid was out there balling on a torn knee that was surgical.
    Simmonsdashian wouldn't even attempt a dunk.
    That is some serious b.s. and Embiid is only human. Whatever he said to the media was warranted.

Doc i agree should have kept it in house.
    Be that as it may i rate it as 99% Simmons a pussy snowflake enabled by modern day agent like LeBron - Klutch. 1% Doc should not have said it but FFS this was immediately after a brutal playoff loss. I would also say this is much more about a scam to get Simmons to the Lakers then any genuine snowflake butthurt.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody blamed everything on Simmons. He just has the internal for ude of a rotting melon. He wants to go where he can futz around on court and not be relied on for anything.
    gues you never have felt so bad and know you fukked up and then have the ppl who are supposed to have your back sell you out also...

you don't get it man. everyone knows he fukked up even himself.. but to have your coach and your lead running mate sell you out publicly is a no no... that goes against brotherhood etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Rojas gone as decision maker in Minnesota, the interim replacing him, Gupta, has connections to Houston and 76ers on his resume. So, Morey was once his boss in Houston. Fun fact, according to ESPN, Gupta invented the trade machine used by ESPN.

Minnesota is consistently mentioned as a team to get Simmons, but a third/fourth team is going to be needed. D'Angelo Russell isn't enough, because I can't see T'Wolves parting with Edwards or KAT.

If Spurs aren't getting Simmons, then use the situation as a facilitator to get an asset that improves your team. Use pieces like Thad Young and Lonnie.

Example:
    Minnesota: Simmons
    Pacers: Russell, Saric, Jalen Smith
    Suns: Thad Young
    76ers: Brogdan, Walker, Samanic
    Spurs: Turner

Of course there would be draft picks included but this is just for player movement.

Spurs would have a roster that looks like:

SL: DJM, DW, KJ, DMcD, Turner
    Bench: Jones, Vassell, Aminu, Landale, Poeltl
    Forbes (suck!!) Primo, KDB, Eubanks, Collins (who will move up when completely healthy)

If you can't get Simmons, stick your nose in and use the situation to get potential assets that will improve your team regardless. Sometimes the best moves are the ones not made, Spurs aren't in that kind of a position. Every possibility should be on the table to improve the personnel of this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gues you never have felt so bad and know you fukked up and then have the ppl who are supposed to have your back sell you out also...

you don't get it man. everyone knows he fukked up even himself.. but to have your coach and your lead running mate sell you out publicly is a no no... that goes against brotherhood etc.
    I've never been paid $30 million a season to play basketball. But I have been a ing adult, taken criticism, and made sure I pulled my weight. No one sold this clown out. He's just a Klutch baby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never been paid $30 million a season to play basketball. But I have been a ing adult, taken criticism, and made sure I pulled my weight. No one sold this clown out. He's just a Klutch baby.
    It says a lot about a person who signs a huge contract and refuses to honor it. Nephew move. The team has to pay if he gets injured or underperforms. Your boss gets to throw you under the bus if your screw up. I disagree with doing it publicly, but it happens thousands of times every day. If you want the option to pick your own team each year sign a 1 year deal and accept the risks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It says a lot about a person who signs a huge contract and refuses to honor it. Nephew move. The team has to pay if he gets injured or underperforms. Your boss gets to throw you under the bus if your screw up. I disagree with doing it publicly, but it happens thousands of times every day. If you want the option to pick your own team each year sign a 1 year deal and accept the risks.
    You’re comparing the NBA to the real world. Things don’t work that way. It’s a players league, and has been for quite some time. They call the shots and go where they want. It all started with The Decision, and has picked up speed and momentum, since. Teams understand that. Most fans don’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is pathetic. Ben Simmons is a grown man. He's not a five year-old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re comparing the NBA to the real world. Things don’t work that way. It’s a players league, and has been for quite some time. They call the shots and go where they want. It all started with The Decision, and has picked up speed and momentum, since. Teams understand that. Most fans don’t.
    Yeah, and this is why Simmons ed up because he's not going to go where he wants because no one wants him, only the worst franchise in NBA history in Minnesota. Maybe he just wants to around there and lose game after game for the next four years. I guess that makes him a winner?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s unlikely Morey can drag this out too long. But I can at least hope that Klutch somehow gets blemished in this process. More power to Klutch only screws fans over in my opinion.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way you can blame LeBron for this. James never forced his way out. He honored his contract, played his ass off for the Cavs, and rightfully left when his contract was up after they couldn't put a team around him. Leonard is the one who started this bull by refusing to play and forcing his way out while under contract for huge money. It's disgusting to see with Leonard, Davis, George, Harden, and now Simmons, but at the same time I'm loving seeing a big market glamor team get ed by it after they had been using the small markets as farm teams ever since Leonard's gotry. I want to see the Sixers burned to the ground by this the same way the Spurs, Pelicans, Thunder, and Rockets have been with the hope we can get a CBA that gets rid of this where contracts lock teams into paying underperforming players but don't bind guys who are worth the money with this perpetual free agency the league has had ever since Leonard started being a . Burn the Sixers down, the NBA until they get this under control.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 09-23-2021 at 01:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way you can blame LeBron for this. James never forced his way out. He honored his contract, played his ass off for the Cavs, and rightfully left when his contract was up after they couldn't put a team around him. Leonard is the one who started this bull by refusing to play and forcing his way out while under contract for huge money. It's disgusting to see with Leonard, Davis, George, Harden, and now Simmons, but at the same time I'm loving seeing a big market glamor team get ed by it after they had been using the small markets as farm teams ever since Leonard's gotry. I want to see the Sixers burned to the ground by this the same way the Spurs, Pelicans, Thunder, and Rockets have been with the hope we can get a CBA that gets rid of this where contracts lock teams into paying underperforming players but don't bind guys who are worth the money with this perpetual free agency the league has had ever since Leonard started being a . Burn the Sixers down, the NBA until they get this under control.
    Bombs. Empowerment cuts both ways; there's no talk off "team empowerment" where you get stuck with a Kemba Walker or Nico Batum. If they want to go this way, contracts should be non-guaranteed year or even month long obligations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I think Simmons has a right to be mad at the franchise, I do agree that it is problematic for players with contracts to refuse to play and publicly demand trades because it hurts the people that invested in the player with a high dollar contract. It's bad enough when a player does it with two years on his contract, like Kawhi did. I mean, if you do it in your contract year, then it is what it is and as a player, you do have a lot of power in that scenario. But a 4+ year contract? Most teams think they have the player locked in. That's why they agree to pay them big money over 4-5 years. If a player can force his way out in that scenario, then agreeing to a max contract with a player means nothing about player commitment to the team and how can a team use that as a building block when the player can demand out a few months after signing the huge contract and no lose a penny?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bombs. Empowerment cuts both ways; there's no talk off "team empowerment" where you get stuck with a Kemba Walker or Nico Batum. If they want to go this way, contracts should be non-guaranteed year or even month long obligations.
    On this we agree even if Davis pulling this benefits the Lakers not a fan of this .

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah imagine the outrage if the Rockets went Team Empowerment and said they were refusing to pay John Wall and he can go sign somewhere else for whatever his new team will pay him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron opened the door by being the first monumental FA to change teams in 14 years, since Shaq. He played by the rules, but got where he wanted, and brought his friends with him. Other players saw that, wanted n on the action, and skipped a few steps, like waiting for free agency, but the progression was inevitable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also blame Silver and the Spurs for being more concerned with upholding their reputations than doing the right thing.

As an aside, I'm tired of the agenda driven national media attempting to protect these divas with this foolish notion that they're just evening the playing field because teams can trade them at any time without warning or reason. That doesn't apply to 99% of the elite (the only exception in recent memory was when the Bulls decided against offering Butler the supermax), who are the ones in question and are catered to.

They have a right to request a trade for whatever reason(s), but it's imperative the in bents are able to maximize return.
    Last edited by TD 21; 09-23-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Thread Information