• Cavs in 7

3 18.75%
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1441
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thank Christ. One game short, but, I'm grateful.

When James gets beat it's because [he's tired & sick & alone.]
    When Kobe gets beat [he's total .]

Kobe: 5

James: 3

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron was a monster this series. Averaging 34/12/10 is insane.

He didn't have any defining moments or big time shots, but its hard to do that with the 22nd ranked defense in the 16-17 season up against possibly the best offense of all time.

It's as if the stats never imprint the game when you're allowing 122 PPG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^
    Thanks I'm gonna get nightmares

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's almost weird looking back at how Golden State managed to win a le and go 73-9 without Durant and with Harrison Barnes as their 3rd scorer

Speaks to the legend Steph Curry..

thank you
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this sport

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As hollow and empty of Championship as they come.. Winning by sheer overwhelming and ac ulated talent-- with zero adversity and injuries to opponents -- has even diluted whatever redemption narrative they set out to tell throughout the season.

This is just way too dull even though the Cavs could have extended it more..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I love the Warriors, tbh..if only we still had mods, I'd ask to change my team

Sorry to say it; but you come across as a truly pathetic gloryhunter..More so since I remember you saying you would stop being a Spurs fan if they signed Durant (Welcome to San Antonio, KD thread). That's how much you hated him..And now you latch onto the team that got him and ruined the league..

Could be my last month as a Spurs fan
    TD 21..you need to stop getting worked up and "emotional" with HH when discussing GSW as if he were in our camp: he has finally come out..Everything he says is from the vantage point of a newly-minted Warrior fan. Damn, who knew? ..
    Last edited by spursistan; 06-13-2017 at 06:35 AM.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As hollow and empty of Championship as they come.. Winning by sheer overwhelming and ac ulated talent-- with zero adversity and injuries to opponents -- has even diluted whatever redemption narrative they set out to tell throughout the season.

This is just way too dull even though the Cavs could have extended it more..
    As entertaining series go, the only game that was truly entertaining was game 4 and not due to Cavs winning. It was the only true compe ive game. This is what you get.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Impossible. Steph will already be 30 next season. Iggy will be 33. Livingston 32, Durant 29. They'll get 1 more strong run out of this core and that'll be that. This was their ultimate peak season. It gets much much tougher next year. That re ed line of "the next 5 years" was used when the Lakers repeated at 15-1 and they rang once more after that with the same core. That 2001 Laker team also had a much better run never trailing by more than 14 points, going unbeaten on the road, and having a dominant big man.

, the Warriors still even showed signs of mortality during this 16-1 run when they couldn't have played any better.
    It will be fun to watch GS trying to keep up with this and destroying their salary structure in the process to become absolute garbage in 3 years time

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Impossible. Steph will already be 30 next season. Iggy will be 33. Livingston 32, Durant 29. They'll get 1 more strong run out of this core and that'll be that. This was their ultimate peak season. It gets much much tougher next year. That re ed line of "the next 5 years" was used when the Lakers repeated at 15-1 and they rang once more after that with the same core. That 2001 Laker team also had a much better run never trailing by more than 14 points, going unbeaten on the road, and having a dominant big man.

, the Warriors still even showed signs of mortality during this 16-1 run when they couldn't have played any better.
    They have a window of 3 years if they don't up with who they surround their quadcore lineup. Steph would be 33, Durant would be 32, Klay and Draymond would be 30 by then. I find it hard that they would suddenly fall off a cliff by that age. They'll still be elite. Decisions have to made with Iggy and Livingston. They shouldn't hold on to them for too long. Thank them for being a part of a wonderful run, but they shouldn't keep them in Golden State in longer contracts. However, if it comes to a decision on who to keep, I'd keep Iggy more than Livingston.

They shouldn't hold on to ring chasers as well. If they find better replacements for West, Pachulia and McGee, they should go after those replacements. No one's gonna help them through trades so they're gonna have to do it through smart drafting and treading free agency carefully.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They have a window of 3 years if they don't up with who they surround their quadcore lineup. Steph would be 33, Durant would be 32, Klay and Draymond would be 30 by then. I find it hard that they would suddenly fall off a cliff by that age. They'll still be elite. Decisions have to made with Iggy and Livingston. They shouldn't hold on to them for too long. Thank them for being a part of a wonderful run, but they shouldn't keep them in Golden State in longer contracts. However, if it comes to a decision on who to keep, I'd keep Iggy more than Livingston.

They shouldn't hold on to ring chasers as well. If they find better replacements for West, Pachulia and McGee, they should go after those replacements. No one's gonna help them through trades so they're gonna have to do it through smart drafting and treading free agency carefully.
    a big help for them ...though i hope they dont is developing McCaw ...
    longevity can come if they can find cheap in house replacements for the guys you mentioned.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 06-13-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry to say it; but you come across as a truly pathetic gloryhunter..More so since I remember you saying you would stop being a Spurs fan if they signed Durant (Welcome to San Antonio, KD thread). That's how much you hated him..And now you latch onto the team that got him and ruined the league..

TD 21..you need to stop getting worked up and "emotional" with HH when discussing GSW as if he were in our camp: he has finally come out..Everything he says is from the vantage point of a newly-minted Warrior fan. Damn, who knew? ..
    Glory hunter? I don't get pride from athletes I'll never meet or care about winning les, bro

I've made so much money due to this Warriors team, it would be impossible not to cheer for them, human nature..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This super team is ruining the game... Highest ratings in years

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What a joke. One of the most average finals games I've seen in a while and it's the highest rated, ever?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Will be interesting to see the ratings next year when even Warriors/Cavs Part 4 won't be enough to get people hyped.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Congrats to the Warriors. As a Laker fan, we're like at least a few more years away from making the playoffs. But on to football season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this hollow "championship" and all other ones that will follow until they at least have someone capable of making them earn it. What's worse, was Kerr and West desperately trying to sell the notion that this was "difficult". Durant and West aren't real champions and I'm not even sure the initial core is.

They didn't have to beat a single elite team in '15 to win it and have looked unnerved and vulnerable at the slightest bit of adversity the previous 2 years. As much as the Cavaliers needed a bunch of breaks to beat them in '16, they were fortunate to survive the Thunder in the first place.

Now, we'll never know and to me that taints all of their "legacies", especially Curry's.

I don't get "worked up" and "emotional"; it's a message board and even outside of it, I don't care to the extent I did pre '14. I was pissed for maybe a half hour after game 1 of the WCF because of the Leonard injury, but that's about it.

Calling him out for being a contrarian, insecure, front running and a troll, had nothing to do with that though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glory hunter? I don't get pride from athletes I'll never meet or care about winning les, bro

I've made so much money due to this Warriors team, it would be impossible not to cheer for them, human nature..
    I get that fandom dies down with age. But the Spurs haven't slipped into total irrelevance that you would turn you into an enthusiastic cheerleader--Lakerfan style-- of their main conference rival. Embarrassing, after all those years, and even if your bank account tells you otherwise.

If it's not glory-hunting, it is a bandwagon leap of epic proportions in its ludicrousness.

Go get you a Warriorworld account, tbh..

At this hollow "championship" and all other ones that will follow until they at least have someone capable of making them earn it. What's worse, was Kerr and West desperately trying to sell the notion that this was "difficult". Durant and West aren't real champions and I'm not even sure the initial core is.

They didn't have to beat a single elite team in '15 to win it and have looked unnerved and vulnerable at the slightest bit of adversity the previous 2 years. As much as the Cavaliers needed a bunch of breaks to beat them in '16, they were fortunate to survive the Thunder in the first place.

Now, we'll never know and to me that taints all of their "legacies", especially Curry's.

I don't get "worked up" and "emotional"; it's a message board and even outside of it, I don't care to the extent I did pre '14. I was pissed for maybe a half hour after game 1 of the WCF because of the Leonard injury, but that's about it.

Calling him out for being a contrarian, insecure, front running and a troll, had nothing to do with that though.
    All I'm saying is that it's just pointless to argue over Warriors with HH since he's officially adopted them as his favorite team and stopped to pretend otherwise..Guess it is "no shame l̶o̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ rooting for the Warriors" at their apex to win everything under the sun, instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That what happens when you have such a big LA market as a fan base.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a joke. One of the most average finals games I've seen in a while and it's the highest rated, ever?
    It's the highest rated playoff game outside of game 7 in the history of ABC but not the highest rated playoff game ever(NON-Game 7). Anyways it doesn't surprise me why the ratings were so high. You have a lot of GS bandwagon fans in the whole entire state of California and you have a bunch of people who believed this series would be close due to what happened last year. I knew a lot of idiots who believed even after game 3 that the Cavs could comeback and win the series based off of them coming back from 3-1 last year. If these teams meet up again next year I don't think they will get ratings that are that high. They will still get above average ratings due to the California market.

Go Lakers/Giants/Yankees David Stern's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's almost weird looking back at how Golden State managed to win a le and go 73-9 without Durant and with Harrison Barnes as their 3rd scorer

Speaks to the legend Steph Curry..
    You mean sidekick? Curry doesn't dominante like an alpha when the Finals arrive, and he failed miserably as an alpha last June especially in game 7. He isn't a legend. He's Kevin Durant's sidekick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No surprise, tbh....two teams involving players that people either love or hate, no question it's not bad for the NBA.

Nobody wants to tune in and see a team of nobodies win it.

Go Lakers/Giants/Yankees David Stern's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

They won't be together much longer. 3 more years is the most it'll be then they'll split. Happens with every superteam. They get together, win 1-2 rings, then breakup.

Thread Information