Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    C'mon man - you are smarter than this.

I don't know why you are not reading between the lines and between Barr's lies -

ok

I didn't think I needed to spell it out for YOU?

Barr is doing the least he can. Sure - he put out a redacted report - bravo! yay!

Sure - the GOP is saying "Barr didn't have to...this and Barr didn't have to that"

and if you are on THAT team - well good for you - I thought you knew better.

The redacted Mueller report is out - bravo! Great! We should all go home now - nothing to see here.

We do not know Mueller's side of anything - and sure his words are on that report - but we do not know how Mueller arrived at all that -
    and we do NOT know if he was obstructed or impeded.

We DO know that Rosenstein and Barr are on Trump team now - and this poses great problems for our country - for the truth to be exposed.

Two of the people who had great opportunity to obstruct/spin/meddle/hamstring this Mueller investigation are bonafide Trump ball lickers -

so I can read what Barr released - but I am in no way accepting or believing that the truth is out and EVERYONE should have at least a decent amount of certainty that a cover up is in progress and will only be uncovered through a long lengthy court process and Trump has stacked the ultimate court in his favor with Mitch McConnell's help and obstruction.

So save your laughter and snarkiness for those that are on the team that wants to bury this truth and those who support the people destroying our democracy.

I did agree that Barr released the redacted Mueller report and those summaries already - and have read them and it looks bad for Trump - but I am NOT one of those who is convinced of the "did not establish conspiracy" "conclusion" until we see ALL the evidence. All of the grand jury hearings. All of Muellers and the FBI's 302's. Hear all of Mueller's UNRESTRICTED testimony. Hear directly from Mueller that he wanted Barr to make the decisions on Trumps fate. Hear directly from Mueller if his intent was to pass the ball to Congress.

Why you would just take Barr's word on a lot of those things - is your issue to deal with.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tsa ran like a when i asked him about the trump call to his master

lol

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    “many of Barr’s actions are informed by his belief that the special counsel’s analysis related to obstruction was legally wrong and a dangerous precedent for the executive branch.”
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/thoughts...mueller-report
    vy65 spurraider21 thoughts when you have time

The Special Counsel’s Cons utional Analysis: The Clear Statement Rule
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/special-...statement-rule

The Special Counsel’s Cons utional Analysis: Corrupt Intent and the Take Care Clause
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/special-...ke-care-clause

The Special Counsel’s Cons utional Analysis: Chilling Effects
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/special-...illing-effects

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Now the story is "OK, Barr lied about the report but only because he didn't like it."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now the story is "OK, Barr lied about the report but only because he didn't like it."

lol

why would an innocent person bury any evidence that exonerates him?

why is comrade tsa so invested in hiding all the evidence?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    lol

why would an innocent person bury any evidence that exonerates him?

why is comrade tsa so invested in hiding all the evidence?
    What evidence are you claiming is being buried? The public received a report with less than 9% redacted. A select group of congress has been offered the unredacted version and last I read not a single Dem went to the SCIF to view it. The Dems are throwing are doing nothing but throwing a tantrum right now because the report didn’t turn out how they hoped it would for 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What evidence are you claiming is being buried? The public received a report with less than 9% redacted. A select group of congress has been offered the unredacted version and last I read not a single Dem went to the SCIF to view it. The Dems are throwing are doing nothing but throwing a tantrum right now because the report didn’t turn out how they hoped it would for 2 years.
    no. in response to their request for the unredacted version to be made available to congress, the DOJ instead offered to allow certain members of congress to view a "less redacted" version. democrats argued that it would be insufficient and therefore refused to accept that as a solution. their choices were effectively to accept that solution and drop their demands for the full version to be released to congress, or to reject that half measure and carry on with their demand

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f9783f91b714

pro tip: use google chrome's incognito mode instead of mentioning paywalls

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    no. in response to their request for the unredacted version to be made available to congress, the DOJ instead offered to allow certain members of congress to view a "less redacted" version. democrats argued that it would be insufficient and therefore refused to accept that as a solution. their choices were effectively to accept that solution and drop their demands for the full version to be released to congress, or to reject that half measure and carry on with their demand

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f9783f91b714

pro tip: use google chrome's incognito mode instead of mentioning paywalls
    It’s nothing more than a political tantrum

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    TSA ends up lying EVERY TIME.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s nothing more than a political tantrum

so they werent offered the unredacted version

barr can simply request permission from the appropriate district court judge to release the grand jury information. he has stated that he will not make such request
    Last edited by spurraider21; 05-06-2019 at 03:08 PM.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    so they werent offered the unredacted version
    You and I both knew it was unredacted minus Grand Jury info I don’t need to type that each time when referring to what they were offered. The lengths some of you will go to try and score a point

Let me know when you have time to read the articles I linked in #361 concerning obstruction. Much more interested in your take on that than discussing the political stunts the Dems are trying to pull.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You and I both knew it was unredacted minus Grand Jury info I don’t need to type that each time when referring to what they were offered. The lengths some of you will go to try and score a point

Let me know when you have time to read the articles I linked in #361 concerning obstruction. Much more interested in your take on that than discussing the political stunts the Dems are trying to pull.
    we dont know that. all i know from the descriptions i have read was that it was a "less redacted version"

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    we dont know that. all i know from the descriptions i have read was that it was a "less redacted version"
    When Barr released the public version of Mueller’s report earlier this month, he withheld four categories of material: classified information, material related to ongoing investigations, information that could damage the reputation of “peripheral third parties” and evidence collected by Mueller’s grand jury. Barr’s less-redacted report for the 12 lawmakers allowed them access to each category except grand jury material.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...dacted-1295105

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ALL of the evidence

100 percent should be released - at least to congress

anything less is a cover up

now

answer my questions;

are you ok with trump calling putin and saying exactly what putin told him to say

that it was all a hoax - and that it was a mountain that ended up as a mouse?

are you ok that your president is on the side of the criminal who ordered an attack on our country?

or run like a little and repost your ty list of made up “tough” actions by the traitor

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over 400 prosecutors submitted a signed letter saying that trump committed at least several obstruction FELONIES

were it not for the OLC policy

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    ALL of the evidence

100 percent should be released - at least to congress

anything less is a cover up
    Barr is following the laws as written. Should he not follow the law because the Dems are having tantrums?

now

answer my questions;

are you ok with trump calling putin and saying exactly what putin told him to say

that it was all a hoax - and that it was a mountain that ended up as a mouse?

are you ok that your president is on the side of the criminal who ordered an attack on our country?

or run like a little and repost your ty list of made up “tough” actions by the traitor
    Well it was all a hoax, what else is Trump supposed to say? There was no conspiracy with Trump’s campaign and Russia during the election.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Putin’s puppet

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barr is following the laws as written. Should he not follow the law because the Dems are having tantrums?

Well it was all a hoax, what else is Trump supposed to say? There was no conspiracy with Trump’s campaign and Russia during the election.
    does the mueller report say it was a hoax?

no

it says

russia attacked in a systematic fashion to help trump and expected something in return

trump and team were receptive and expected to benefit - and did

show me what page mueller concluded it was a hoax

or

tell me why it is ok for your president to side with the criminal who ordered it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

no

it says

russia attacked in a systematic fashion to help trump and expected something in return

or

tell me why it is ok for your president to side with the criminal who ordered it
    but but but obama said otherwise during the run up to the presidency in 2016. your golden god was nothing more than a used car sales man.

lose your mind some more bonerchamp because we need some more humorous material to laugh at like your faux intellect and faux outrage.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin’s puppet

yeah

his people said russia was interfering with vz

trump says “putin says he is not involved with vz”

why tsa?

just like your ty list

the govt says one thing

trump is ordered by putin to personally say the opposite

tell my why the white house personally had mcconnell kill the bill this past week to protect the 2020 elections?

you wont

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

no

it says

or

You missed answering this question. I’m not going to continue to answer yours if you continue to do such.

For over two years the MSM reported that Trump and his campaign were illegally conspiring and coordinating with Russia.

Mueller’s report stated there wasn’t evidence found showing a single American illegally conspired or coordinated with Russia.

Trump is correct in calling it a hoax.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You missed answering this question. I’m not going to continue to answer yours if you continue to do such.

For over two years the MSM reported that Trump and his campaign were illegally conspiring and coordinating with Russia.

Mueller’s report stated there wasn’t evidence found showing a single American illegally conspired or coordinated with Russia.

Trump is correct in calling it a hoax.
    you are lying

show anyone where mueller says “ no evidence”

barr is legally able to request a judge to release grand jury info

he wont

congress will take months to be able to do likewise

but barr does not want “full transparency”

cover up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Barr released the public version of Mueller’s report earlier this month, he withheld four categories of material: classified information, material related to ongoing investigations, information that could damage the reputation of “peripheral third parties” and evidence collected by Mueller’s grand jury. Barr’s less-redacted report for the 12 lawmakers allowed them access to each category except grand jury material.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...dacted-1295105
    my bad, you're right

thanks for info

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Putin’s puppet

"Notably, Trump himself has said nothing this week about Russia’s role in Venezuela."

Your defense of Trump is that he's just a pussy when it comes to Putin. Who am I to argue?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “many of Barr’s actions are informed by his belief that the special counsel’s analysis related to obstruction was legally wrong and a dangerous precedent for the executive branch.”
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/thoughts...mueller-report
    vy65 spurraider21 thoughts when you have time
    I think Mueller made a mistake, one that diminishes the perception of his independence and the credibility of his report, in failing to make a prosecutorial judgment one way or the other on obstruction, and especially in his extra-prosecutorial insistence that he was not “exonerating” the president. (Mueller opened himself up to this powerful rebuttal from the president’s special counsel, Emmet Flood.) Mueller’s action seems inconsistent with what the regulations tried to accomplish, which was to prevent extra-prosecutorial editorializing. In effect Mueller made an impeachment referral that the regulations do not contemplate, though he followed the regulations in leaving it to Barr to make the report public, which he knew Barr had pledged to do.
    This doesn't seem well thought out to me. Where's the specific statutory text and an explanation of how Mueller's inconsistent actions. Note that he's pussyfooting around here by a) using the word seems -- you either violate a statute or you don't, you can't be half-pregnant and b) acknowledges that Mueller "followed the regulations" but somehow made a referral beyond the statute's contemplation. He's talking out of both ends of his mouth.

In this light, and especially in light of subsequent events, I fail to see how Barr warrants the super-harsh personal criticism he has received over the letter. Those subsequent events include (i) publicly clarifying that he, Barr, did not purport to capture or summarize everything in Mueller’s report; (ii) working around the clock to get the relatively lightly redacted report made public—something Barr had no legal duty to do; (iii) testifying twice before Congress to explain his reasoning; and (iv) allowing Mueller to testify before Congress if he wants. These are not the actions of a man trying to mischaracterize the report or hide the ball. And they cured any objections that might have properly been lodged against the quickly written original letter.
    If this is all try, what's the point in writing the letter in the first place? Why was that necessary - other than to get out the claim that Barr/Rosenstein decided not to prosecute? Again, more talking out of both sides of one's mouth.

First, Barr believes that the Justice Department’s job in this context is to decide (as he told Sen. Richard Blumenthal) “whether or not there is a crime” and nothing more. That is what the special counsel regulations and Justice Department traditions counsel as well. This is why Barr objected to Mueller’s strange in-between decision “not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment.” No U.S. attorney would ever do that, and Barr clearly thinks it odd, and probably wrong, that Mueller did that. Whether one thinks Barr is right or wrong (I think he’s right), this is a perfectly respectable judgment for an attorney general to make.
    Blatantly dishonest. The SC statute contemplates that congress - not Justice - has ultimate decision making on whether or not there is a crime. See, 28 CFR 600.9 (AG notifies chairman and Ranking Minority Member of the Judiciary Committees of each House of Congress, with an explanation for each action ...). Again, for being a lawyer, Fat Harvard prof sure is afraid to talk about what the terms of the actual law says.

Third, Barr thinks that Congress and the American people should be the ultimate judges the appropriateness of Trump’s actions beyond their criminality. He released hundreds of pages of very damaging information on the president that he did not have to release, and he clearly does not think that his prosecutorial judgment is the end of the matter. As Barr said in his May 1 testimony: "The report is now in the hands of the American people. Everyone can decide for themselves. There’s an election in 18 months. That's a very democratic process. But we [the Justice Department] are out of it. We have to stop using the criminal justice process as a political weapon."
    More dishonesty. Why is he getting out in front of the report with a letter saying Justice won't prosecute? Why didn't he just release the executive summaries prepared by Mueller? For someone who wants the Congress and American people to be the judges, why is he crafting opinion/saying anything at all?

I'll also leave this here. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/19/u...-excerpts.html

Thread Information