Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Went up against Lillard/D'Snitch/Choke-P3: 20/4 on 50% shooting.

Lillard cooked him but it was more so Gobert not showing on the high PnRs & giving Lillard clean looks at the basket. He locked up D'Snitch/Choke-P3 though & that's also w/ two of the Jazz's best defenders (Favors/Hayward) being replaced by two of the laziest players in the league (Johnson/Diaw).

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was one of my last post of the offseason, I really wanted the Spurs to bring back Hill knowing that Indy wanted to trade him. He has really developed his game. Imagine a lineup of Green, Dedmon, LMA, Kawhi and Hill. That would be a defensive nightmare for teams.

Spurs should go after next offseason and dump Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant wait to get him back on the Spurs. We should probably trade Parker and a 2nd for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant wait to get him back on the Spurs. We should probably trade Parker and a 2nd for him.
    Parker isn't getting traded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A MAN CAN DREAM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was one of my last post of the offseason, I really wanted the Spurs to bring back Hill knowing that Indy wanted to trade him. He has really developed his game. Imagine a lineup of Green, Dedmon, LMA, Kawhi and Hill. That would be a defensive nightmare for teams.

Spurs should go after next offseason and dump Parker.
    Last season we could have probably fooled the pacers into taking Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's Fat doing over there? Regressed to his Bobcat days?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's Fat doing over there? Regressed to his Bobcat days?
    Even worse... Averaging 1 and 3 on 11% shooting playing nearly 26 minutes per game.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I think Pop is sending subliminal messages to Porker that his days as a starter are numbered by benching him like a rookie whenever he s & having Patty closeout games. This all means, PATFO are going to offer FA targets a starting job without there having to be a QB controversy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would do some terrible things to replace Parker with George Hill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could the Spurs even afford Patty and Hill at the same time? They would have to trade Parker for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop is sending subliminal messages to Porker that his days as a starter are numbered by benching him like a rookie whenever he s & having Patty closeout games. This all means, PATFO are going to offer FA targets a starting job without there having to be a QB controversy.
    It just means Pop understands the youth movement, and not matchups will result in TP closing games. TD didn't close all games in the last few years before he left either. TP being on the perimeter and with this being a guard/forward driven league will be impacted even more than TD was.

I don't think he'll get benched, the bench w/Patty/Lee/Dedmon/Simmons/Manu will be great. That's the ultimate hustle crew right there.

Once Green gets back, Parker will be able to spread the floor a bit more and allow Kawhi to drive and kick to he and Green. Right now, there's just no space to operate with Anderson in there.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Could the Spurs even afford Patty and Hill at the same time? They would have to trade Parker for sure.
    Maybe Pop can hire his buddy Pat Riley as a hit-man.

Spurs International Expert gilmor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's subliminal messages.. It is clear as day Porker's days as a Spurs are over..

it just means that Porker will be gone sooner than later..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I don't think it's subliminal messages.. It is clear as day Porker's days as a Spurs are over..
    You mean like when Porker was getting benched for George Hill in 2010 but it was Hill that ended up getting traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lillard cooked him but it was more so Gobert not showing on the high PnRs & giving Lillard clean looks at the basket. He locked up D'Snitch/Choke-P3 though & that's also w/ two of the Jazz's best defenders (Favors/Hayward) being replaced by two of the laziest players in the league (Johnson/Diaw).
    I know Boris makes everybody else look like DPOY, but Hayward good/best defender? The guy that let 50 year old Kobe drop 60 on his white ass?

And Favors is another chubby, limited player, if we're frank, tbh.... it's all about "potential" for those guys...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I know Boris makes everybody else look like DPOY, but Hayward good/best defender? The guy that let 50 year old Kobe drop 60 on his white ass?
    Kirby took 50 shots & 12 FTs to score 60, that basically a point per shot.

Kirby scored 25 on 25 shots against Danny last season so I guess Danny most not be a good defender b/c he gave up a point per shot.

And Favors is another chubby, limited player, if we're frank, tbh.... it's all about "potential" for those guys...
    Favors is very mobile for a burly guy ala Tristan Thompson, that's why the Jazz gave the Duds trouble last season despite have the worst starting PG in the league.

In any case, Joe Johnson is the Boris Diaw of wing-players so anyone w/ a pulse plays better defense that him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs International Expert gilmor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean like when Porker was getting benched for George Hill in 2010 but it was Hill that ended up getting traded.
    Err.. Hill was traded to get Kwahi.. isn't that a good deal?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Err.. Hill was traded to get Kwahi.. isn't that a good deal?
    You know they could have traded Porker & also gotten Paul George in return, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kirby took 50 shots & 12 FTs to score 60, that basically a point per shot.

Kirby scored 25 on 25 shots against Danny last season so I guess Danny most not be a good defender b/c he gave up a point per shot.
    Hayward is a max player. Danny is nowhere near there. Shouldn't that factor in?

Favors is very mobile for a burly guy ala Tristan Thompson, that's why the Jazz gave the Duds trouble last season despite have the worst starting PG in the league.

In any case, Joe Johnson is the Boris Diaw of wing-players so anyone w/ a pulse plays better defense that him.
    Old Joe can score though. He's averaging 20ppg at an almost 60% efficiency while playing 31mpg... that's already better than Hayward's best year (last season). Small sample, I know...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if getting hill meant losing parker then i'd rather lose parker and get someone else.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bring back the prodigal son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Are you saying we should have kept George and not traded him for that other scrub player whose name I can't recall at this moment?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has Hill's defense gotten any better? All I can remember is how bad he was against Phoenix in 2010 and Memphis in 2011. I really don't like thinking about it. He had a great wingspan and that kept him in plays when he got beat, but he was a really, really average defender when he was here. Has he improved any at all? or does he still get burned off the dribble and going around screens?

For the record, I really like George Hill the person, but I didn't like the player George Hill that much when he was here.

Thread Information