Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timber Pups come to town to face a Spurs team where no one follows each other on Instagram. Chaos and a close SA victory ensue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/...ediction-4945/

The Minnesota Timberwolves will head on the road to the AT&T Center for a Western Conference showdown against the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday night.These franchises came into the season with similar hopes of contending for a postseason spot but the season hasn’t gone as planned for Greg Popovich and company. One-and-a-half months into the year, it’s turning out to be a lost season for the Spurs. San Antonio is off to an unsightly 6-12 overall record through 18 games, tying them for the third-worst record in the Western Conference standings. Meanwhile, Minnesota has kept pace in the Wild Wild West with a 9-8 record through their first 18 contests, good for seventh place in the conference standings. Can the Spurs stop the bleeding at home with a win over the Timberwolves on Wednesday?

TWolves move Wiggins to point guard, Teague to bench

Minnesota stopped a two-game slide on Monday night, taking down the Atlanta Hawks 125-113 behind 28 points and 13 rebounds from Karl-Anthony Towns. Andrew Wiggins added 25 points while rookie Jarrett Culver chipped in 14 for the Timberwolves, who crept one-game above the .500-mark with the win. The TWolves shot 13-of-35 from 3-point range and got to the free-throw line 36 times in the win.Since Jeff Teague missed four games with an illness, the TWolves have been running the offense through Wiggins at the point guard spot and it’s been working for the most part.

Without a true point guard on the floor, the Timberwolves have been outscoring opponents by a wide margin. Since returning to the court, Teague has assumed a role off the bench, giving a much-needed boost to the second unit while Culver, the No. 3-overall pick in the draft, starts in his place.

Spurs facing possibility of lost season

The Spurs lost for the ninth time in 10 games on Monday night, falling short at home 114-104 versus LeBron James and the L.A. Lakers. LaMarcus Aldridge scored a team-high 30 points while DeMar DeRozan added 24 in a losing effort for the Spurs.

San Antonio has fallen on hard times this season, and with a veteran roster, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the Spurs embark on an all-out rebuild by shipping away some of their assets at the trade deadline. DeRozan and Aldridge are likely to be the two players who will have their names buzzing as the trade deadline approaches.
    DeRozan has tried to stay positive amidst the downswing but he recently cleared his social media posts, adding fuel to the trade rumors that have already started to heat up. According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Miami Heat have emerged as suitors for both players.
    Over San Antonio’s last 10 games, the Spurs have allowed a whopping 119.3 points per 100 possessions, which is the second-worst mark in the league during that span. Their -7.4 net rating also ranks 26th in the league in that timeframe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My man BillMc with the game thread goods

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My man BillMc with the game thread goods
    Cheers bro!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Pop is going to have my man Bryn guarding Wiggins to start the game again. Nothing like putting one of the worst defenders on the league on a 6'8" guy averaging 25ppg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Pop is going to have my man Bryn guarding Wiggins to start the game again. Nothing like putting one of the worst defenders on the league on a 6'8" guy averaging 25ppg
    We can only hope Wiggins reverts to his old, unmotivated self. But as Ike said "Hope is not a plan."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is maybe the only season where I truly believe in moral victories and the Lakers game was sorta one. Here’s to building on that “momentum”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can only hope Wiggins reverts to his old, unmotivated self. But as Ike said "Hope is not a plan."
    Sun Tzu speaks not of hope

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably matched against Culver. That I want to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant wait to watch Wiggins drop 35 with midget Forbes guarding him again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for adding the date mods. My mistake.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t worry. If Bryn struggles, Pop will put his defensive ace Mills on him. If he can guard Durant, sure enough he can handle Wiggins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t worry. If Bryn struggles, Pop will put his defensive ace Mills on him. If he can guard Durant, sure enough he can handle Wiggins.
    Just look how distressed and frustrated KD looks here:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The miserable have no other medicine
    But only hope.
    ~William Shakespeare

I actually disagree with the 'other Bill' here because there is whiskey and other assorted spirits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sun Tzu speaks not of hope
    The miserable have no other medicine
    But only hope.
    ~William Shakespeare

I actually disagree with the 'other Bill' here because there is whiskey and other assorted spirits.
    ST has knowledgeable and well-read members! Props!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST has knowledgeable and well-read members! Props!
    Let's hope the literary Gods bring us a big fat win!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hope the literary Gods bring us a big fat win!

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven’t been watching as much NBA this season.

Why is this team so freaking bad? Is LaMarcus incapable of pulling a 17-18 season anymore?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the spurs win the first quarter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why is this team so freaking bad? Is LaMarcus incapable of pulling a 17-18 season anymore?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of things to watch tonight. Can’t wait for the game to start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald @JMcDonald_SAEN
    2h
    And Metu is unavailable with a sore foot

Paul Garcia
    pAulGarciaNBA

The Spurs have announced Drew Eubanks is available for tonight’s game against Minnesota.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop doesn't believe in defense anymore. See, eg: https://twitter.com/CharlieOCharles/...0%2Fframe.html

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information