Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually pretty impressive the kind of games you can play on an integrated gpu these days, at least on the AMD chips. 2-3 years ago you couldn't play on built in gpus that came with the cpu. And you still can't on Intel chips, but the Ryzen 3 2200G, 2400G, 3200G, and 3400G are actually pretty good if you play on low settings and sometimes 720p, but where they really excel is for making small emulation machines. I was really impressed to see that it can run Zelda Breath of the Wild as well as a Wii U can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually pretty impressive the kind of games you can play on an integrated gpu these days, at least on the AMD chips. 2-3 years ago you couldn't play on built in gpus that came with the cpu. And you still can't on Intel chips, but the Ryzen 3 2200G, 2400G, 3200G, and 3400G are actually pretty good if you play on low settings and sometimes 720p, but where they really excel is for making small emulation machines. I was really impressed to see that it can run Zelda Breath of the Wild as well as a Wii U can.
    That"s pretty interesting. I might have to give it a shot, haven't played BOTW yet. And I'll be good with the GameCube and PS1 library for a good while, not big into modern games besides game set in historical settings. So would you recommend any prebuilt for AAA gaming or would that have to be a build your own?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That"s pretty interesting. I might have to give it a shot, haven't played BOTW yet. And I'll be good with the GameCube and PS1 library for a good while, not big into modern games besides game set in historical settings. So would you recommend any prebuilt for AAA gaming or would that have to be a build your own?
    What does that system you're looking at cost? I'd almost always advocate building your own .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does that system you're looking at cost? I'd almost always advocate building your own .
    I was just wondering in general. I don't want to spend 500+ on a console when I only play like 2-3 games on it and barely use it. I was thinking of getting a PC which I use a lot more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was just wondering in general. I don't want to spend 500+ on a console when I only play like 2-3 games on it and barely use it. I was thinking of getting a PC which I use a lot more.
    Well if you do buy a PC don't expect it to be able to game nearly as well as that $500 PS5 or XBox Series X. It seriously costs around $1200+ if you want to outperform them. You can do a Ryzen 3 2200G build with 16GB of RAM and a 500GB SSD for around $430, and that will run emulators beautifully, while for AAA games like AC Origins or RDR2 you'd be looking at 720p low, 30 fps. Don't get me wrong, games like Rocket League or Overwatch should be doable at 1080p60 though. Though I am also assuming you pirate Windows. If you want a legit copy PCWorld currently has a promotion with Windows 10 retail (so it can be transferred to a new PC in the future) for $40.

If you want something that can play RDR2 at around 1080p, 60 fps with setting tweaks you're looking at probably around $600, maybe $550. If you go to $700 to $800 you can probably build something that should outperform the rumored lower end XBox Series S and that will play anything out there right now at 1080p 60 fps with minimal, if any, settings tweaks. If you want PS5 level though the graphics card alone is $500, and if you want an XBox Series X level system you're talking about $700 just for the graphics card. Though PS5 and XBox Series X will be targeting 4k, while the rumored XBox Series S should be 1080p.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently no Denuvo in Horizon Zero Dawn for PC.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Apparently no Denuvo in Horizon Zero Dawn for PC.
    Not a good port according to Digital Foundry tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good port according to Digital Foundry tbh
    Wow that is a dog port. OMG. Can't even run a steady 30 fps at 1080p on a GTX 1060? A 1060 is more than 3x more powerful than the gpu in the base PS4, and the base PS4 runs the game at an absolute rock solid locked 1080p30. This is really how Sony thought they were going to get PC gamers hyped on the franchise to try to entice them to buy a PS5?

I was going to sell my PS4 copy of the game but damn, I'm only rocking a 1660 Super and if the 1060 is struggling to get 30 fps I doubt the 1660 Super will have much luck even running a steady 45 fps. Amazing game but what a joke not being able to run 1080p60 on console settings on an RX 580/GTX 1060.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 08-06-2020 at 01:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly September 9th is when the RTX 3000 series will be announced, according to GamersNexus.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No word on big navi yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No word on big navi yet?
    listen...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    w0t

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    さあ、大きいナビの公開の時は、分かんないんだよ。お前のお母さんに訊いたらどう?もちろん、カッビのよう に彼女とエッチしたの後で・・・

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give it to me straight, fellas. Will I be deported if I get caught downloading roms?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    さあ、大きいナビの公開の時は、分かんないんだよ。お前のお母さんに訊いたらどう?もちろん、カッビのよう に彼女とエッチしたの後で・・・

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give it to me straight, fellas. Will I be deported if I get caught downloading roms?
    Get deported anyways

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get deported anyways

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only if you're selling them in la pulga

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only if you're selling them in la pulga

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nvidia 3080 paper launch confirmed:

It went from Notify Me to Out of Stock.This is an absolute joke.
    Edit: To clarify, they had their server setup to flip from "Notify Me" to "Out_of_Stock" at 6AM Pacific. They never allowed the public to buy the 3080 FE as of right now. The product may not even exist for consumers.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co..._fe_available/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac..._was_in_stock/

Some people, somewhere, got 3rd party cards from BBY or Newegg, but I don't think anyone in NA got a FE card from Nvidia directly. What an absolute show.
    Last edited by TimDunkem; 09-17-2020 at 09:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nvidia 3080 paper launch confirmed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co..._fe_available/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac..._was_in_stock/

Some people, somewhere, got 3rd party cards from BBY or Newegg, but I don't think anyone in NA got a FE card from Nvidia directly. What an absolute show.
    Bots probably snatched them up, same was happening from April trough July any time Switches came in stock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bots probably snatched them up, same was happening from April trough July any time Switches came in stock.
    The issue is that no one is actually selling any FE cards. Ebay listings were dropping without sales likely because bots never even got them. I don't think the FE was ever actually for sale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue is that no one is actually selling any FE cards. Ebay listings were dropping without sales likely because bots never even got them. I don't think the FE was ever actually for sale.
    Wonder if Nvidia just sold their stock of FE to Chinese miners then and said ever shipping these es overseas.

Thread Information