Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three first-round picks – including the No. 4 overall in 2019 Draft,"

That's pretty much what the Spurs wanted for Kawhi and the Lakers are now 1 year older, LBJ is one year older, and still didn't get to keep any of that. Brilliant piece of business!!!
    But they also added AD and can sign Kawhi anyways.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet they still have a disappointing season.
    I bet they don't. Lakers are not finished. More of a chance the Spurs have the disappointing season not making the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly No one should down play this Laker trade. Now they have added another star to entice a third star to jump on board. Kawhi is now more likely to sign with the Lakers.
    Theres not much of a chance for them to get Kawhi or any other 'star's at this point. $23M is all they have to offer and that won't interest a top FA

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they also added AD and can sign Kawhi anyways.
    I don't believe Kawhi wants to go there, rather the Clippers in LA. He's a diva now and will not share spotlight with LBJ. I also don't think they have the space to get him but I'm not a trade-math person.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would anyone help them out?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What sweeteners do the Lakers have left to add? Not much ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet they don't. Lakers are not finished. More of a chance the Spurs have the disappointing season not making the playoffs.
    I don't think the Lakers will miss the playoffs, but they won't make a deep run either. The Spurs could miss the playoffs, but I think they end up with a similar result to the Lakers. Assuming they have a healthy Anthony Davis and Lebron James, that would be a disappointment for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless LeBron has dramatically changed, he is now after a guard, to re-create the type of big three he had when he won it all at Miami and Cleveland. Kawhi is not a guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless LeBron has dramatically changed, he is now after a guard, to re-create the type of big three he had when he won it all at Miami and Cleveland. Kawhi is not a guard.
    really? Kawhi Davis and Lebron would be unbeatable if healthy, Kawhi is a good shooter anywhere on the court, no current team could score consistently against those guys, there are no adjustment issues when you have the two best players in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nate Duncan: If AD trade is executed July 6, even if Lakers can strip it down to LeBron, AD, and Kuz and even if AD waives his full trade bonus, they’d only have ~$29.3m available (re Adrian Wojnarowski report on trying to get as much space as possible) – via Twitter NateDuncanNBA

Adrian Wojnarowski: Lakers are aggressively pursuing the purchase of second-round picks in Thursday’s NBA Draft too, league sources tell ESPN. Those picks will offer two important things for LA: acquisition of inexpensive labor and ability to exceed the salary cap with those minimum contracts. – via Twitter wojespn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Space Jam 2 cameos don’t grow on trees.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really? Kawhi Davis and Lebron would be unbeatable if healthy, Kawhi is a good shooter anywhere on the court, no current team could score consistently against those guys, there are no adjustment issues when you have the two best players in the league.
    I agree about the offense, but teams could score against them at will

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree about the offense, but teams could score against them at will
    I think with 3 of the top 6/7 players in the league, they will easily get some dogs to do the dirty work, I really hope the Kawhi does not go to the Lakers, it would be worse than the Durant go to Golden State, at least in relation to the league's compe iveness.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers are tight of they can't get the money to sign another star.LeBron won't win without a big 3. He barely won with a big 3 when he was younger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just waiting so I can see LeBron cry for "more help" at the trade deadline again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just waiting so I can see LeBron cry for "more help" at the trade deadline again
    Inevitable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the media will cry out for him too.

“He deserves better! It’s not fair!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo, in the old days Buss Sr. would pay under the table to other owners.
    With the new breed of owners, well some of them (Cuban), Laker bull got called out. For example Chrissy Paul for a bag of chips trade got vetoed.

So unless some great under the table payoff is coming, ya I don't see why any 2019 teams would help them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo, in the old days Buss Sr. would pay under the table to other owners.
    With the new breed of owners, well some of them (Cuban), Laker bull got called out. For example Chrissy Paul for a bag of chips trade got vetoed.

So unless some great under the table payoff is coming, ya I don't see why any 2019 teams would help them.
    I’ve believed the same thing for a long time.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I have a sick feeling that Lakers are on the table
    I like that feeling you got. Lakers needed a 3rd team to dump end of the bench scrubs on to create another max slot:

Pels trade Lakers #4 to ATL:

So to all you farmers talking bout the Lakers FO:

Now it's a real possibility that the Lakers actually have a 3rd max slot when the smoke clears

Now, I really want Kiwi to help form the best big 3 since MJ/Scottie/Worm, to piss of you farmers. But I'd gladly settle for Killa Kyrie to piss Boston off.

Thread Information