Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby and Devin came to play. Sochan struggled with his shot but wasn't an entire net negative. Blake held up well enough, but the rest of the team was just bad. Once Wemby, Devin, Sochan went to the bench for rest for the first time, the game was over. They were missing Tre out there.

Defense just apart once the bench hit the floor.

Not having a reliable small forward and outside shooting is the biggest issue.

Thankfully Wemby lives up to the hype and you can really see how to build around him alongside with Devin and sochan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin’s got to display more fight than what I’m seeing! Wemby is such a compe or.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    genius strategy by Pop to play zone defense against one of the best 3-point shooting teams in the league. Zach Collins was the best player for OKC last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby Didn’t Let The Ball Move Too Much On Offense, And Maybe That Comes With Time With Teammates Earning His Trust More.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is real Alpha.

Lol to date, I think I never saw Wemby shakes any opposing players hand after game end. Except those he had connections with like Gobert, The Wizards' rookie, Batum etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO doesn't deserve this kid, that's for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs got their work cut out for them before next season. A good starting PG either through draft or the offseason, a 2nd option after Wemby, and a complete overhaul of the asstastic bench.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well to be fair as much smoke screen summer league provided it was wishful thinking the bench would perform better. But this was always a figure out what we have with Wemby and what will work around him.

I don't believe anyone thought he would be making this much of an impact in his first year. The plan wasn't to be signing and trading for veteran playoff players year 2 for a long run into the post season with his sop re year in the league.

Roster is going / needs to see significant shakeup in the off-season.

I like Keldon and I get frustrated watching Keldon but this current iteration of the Spurs isn't suited for him. He needs more outside threats and defenders to cover up his flaws. I think you try to sell on him high to a team that could use his high energy

Other than that see what comes from the draft and what moves other front offices are wanting or looking to make a splash with.

Just don't be a front office that just makes moves to win big now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs really really need to work on their 3 point defense. Don't give them a clear view of the basket. At least put your arms up. Let them score an easy basket. Ole .At least that's only worth two points.
    Better yet, play dome damned defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon and Zach were walking disasters. The team really needs to get another lead guard in the off-season to ideally start over Tre(unless Wesley suddenly makes a playmaking leap). Anyway when you lose all expectations of the team playing compe ively, it was a lot of fun to watch Vic go so hard at Chet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here are talking about a roster overhaul in the offseason, but the free agency class is terrible. There are maybe 3 players I'd want. They better off starting to make roster moves right now before the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is a confused old man and is no more than a spectator that reflects on the good old days. The defense is bad because of bad coaching. He needs to move on for the good of the franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby won the Rookie Battle in this one, and that's all I really care about. Sure, it would have been nice if the game was more compe ive but an L is an L at the end of the day, and the Spurs don't have a guy like SGA who is playing at an MVP level.

Wemby also missed a few bunnies that he usually makes...he could have easily gone for 30+ if his shot was a little sharper.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How anyone wants to keep Sochan is beyond me. The guy has the lowest BBIQ I've ever seen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby and Devin came to play. Sochan struggled with his shot but wasn't an entire net negative. Blake held up well enough, but the rest of the team was just bad. Once Wemby, Devin, Sochan went to the bench for rest for the first time, the game was over. They were missing Tre out there.

Defense just apart once the bench hit the floor.

Not having a reliable small forward and outside shooting is the biggest issue.

Thankfully Wemby lives up to the hype and you can really see how to build around him alongside with Devin and sochan
    Thanks for the breakdown! I'm glad to see Vassel with 7AST tonight as well. Next year with a true PG, his development in distribution can be put to much better use as a secondary facilitator. If he improves his contact drawing and FTA rate, he can be a special running mate for Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is real Alpha.

Lol to date, I think I never saw Wemby shakes any opposing players hand after game end. Except those he had connections with like Gobert, The Wizards' rookie, Batum etc.
    Meanwhile Pop is over here playing grab ass with every opposing coach and star player. Even after getting beat down by 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here are talking about a roster overhaul in the offseason, but the free agency class is terrible. There are maybe 3 players I'd want. They better off starting to make roster moves right now before the deadline.
    Roster overhaul isn't limited to FA signings though, there's also trades and drafting to be made. But I agree with the overarching point, Spurs should take every chance to be aggressive in improving the team.

I just hope to God they don't fall for a big "win-now" signing. I'm perfectly content with smaller, improving moves, in order to get more organic growth for the youngest team in the league, rather than moving multiple picks for any triple-A player. Spurs only need to not suck as bad next season, no need to jump the gun and be stuck in Mavs territory.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has to go. Pop has to go. Pop has to ing go.

Wemby does not appear to like Chet...

I would keep wemby and throw away everyone else in the garbage along with pop and brian wright.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has to go. Pop has to go. Pop has to ing go.

Wemby does not appear to like Chet...

I would keep wemby and throw away everyone else in the garbage along with pop and brian wright.
    Sounds like an even slower rebuild by starting completely over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is real Alpha.

reminds me a little bit of Manu.

I never saw Manu being disrespectful or bragging or behaving like an asshole.....

But he never was in the "we're all family in the NBA" business either. He said once "'i'm not in the NBA to make friends".

Really rare to see someone so compe ive almost obsessive about the game being so humble, classy as Manu was. And so liked by his teamates.
    He had the fire of Kobe with the behaviour of Tim in a certain way.

I hope Wemby is in the same mold, but till now, he seems to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC has rebuilt very well. We need to follow that model.

Wings galore with SGA and Chet. Better athletes and basketball players. Their team is well-balanced and cohesive.

If they get a solid bruiser back up center, they will be very difficult to beat if they are healthy in the playoffs.

Spurs are just such a piecemeal squad. Being a white guy, I feel like I can say this. The Spurs have too many white guys.

Not sure how everyone missed on Jalen Williams, but, he is so much better than Sochan. Not sure if he would've developed at all in SA.

It is bordering on embarrassing to watch players unable to dribble, execute plays, box out, read the defense, switch. So many Spurs slow down around half court when bringing the ball up and turn their back to the defender and their own teammates. This just stalls the timing of the offense and looks like jr. high basketball. Tre and Wemby are the only 2 who can get the ball up the court in a timely manner and maintain vision of their team.

There must be something about the system and schemes that the Spurs are running that is difficult to learn/ineffective on the court. I see a lack of buy in/confusion and Pop is putting these guys in positions to fail which is mortal coaching sin number 1.

Anywho, the Spurs cannot afford to waste another draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free Dom tbh

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team definitely looked better when Zach and McBuckets were injured. Defense was way better.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does the defense suck so much? Is it that they double team the guy with the ball every time?

Thread Information