Is that your new shtick? Not working imo

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Is that your new shtick? Not working imo
    It's not my schtick. It's what your side is pressing hardcore.

Are you too racist to bend the knee?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's not my schtick. It's what your side is pressing hardcore.

Are you too racist to bend the knee?
    I support their cause. Why am I or anyone for that matter required to “bend the knee?”

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So, just watched it. Interesting and I support the cause, but I really hope people that showed up didn't have to pay, tbh. Folks went waiting for some jokes and they got 30 minutes of venting.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I support their cause. Why am I or anyone for that matter required to “bend the knee?”
    In your case to acknowledge your white privilege among other things.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So, just watched it. Interesting and I support the cause, but I really hope people that showed up didn't have to pay, tbh. Folks went waiting for some jokes and they got 30 minutes of venting.
    There were 4 hours of comedy, I'd imagine they had a great time.

DarrinS is such a big fan of Dave Chappelle, I’m sure he loved this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

This man is a genius. Brilliant.

Saw it. It was good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And btw...calling him a "genius" is a stretch. He's funny to a lot of people but if that doesn't make him a genius.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Texas Longhorns

This man is a genius. Brilliant.

That MFer is the GOAT. If you got time, here's a good interpretation:

Nobody is better than Chappelle. Much respect.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I don't think he said 400 cops were after Garner just because he was black. It was because he killed cops. He was drawing parallels to how cops respond when one of theirs is killed vs society when we are killed unjustly by a cop.
    Spot on. That went over his head.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    best part was him going IN on candace owens

The worst thing you can do to a Black woman is to talk about her hygiene. She deserved it though

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Whites have certain privileges and so do blacks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    And btw...calling him a "genius" is a stretch. He's funny to a lot of people but if that doesn't make him a genius.
    I think he did enough with his first few specials and Chappelle Show to qualify him as such, he certainly has the utmost respect of his peers.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    Name
    Allan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    pretty, pretty good

Name
    Rudo y Cursi
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've just soled all your "social" problems but I don't think anyone will listen.

Right, wrong or indifferent all races just need to do what they can to make their immediate family succeed (or whatever matters to you). Even if you have to go rogue and go solo. I still haven't heard anyone say they went to college (which can be overrated!), get a USEFUL degree and fail to succeed!

No education working at Walgreens: 30 hours X $10 = $300 x 0.90 (taxes) = $270 take-home pay. This supports of a lifestyle.... and that's when you're single! LOL.... $14,040 per year.. What a joke.

No education working in the "dumb" construction industry which is ALL about hustle: 50 hours X $14 = $770 x 0.90 (taxes) = $693 take-home pay. You can work with this.... barely. $36,036. This is all starter.... first job.... 18 year old ... but you will learn SOMETHING. My path went thru construction. Hard work that weeds out the men from the boys. The ones that top off at $18 to $22 per hour and the ones that figure it out and make happen make $100K easily. Nothing but hustle and determination. There's so much turnover because many people quit. You have to stick and give it some time.

Go to college and get a legit degree.... from what I've seen in my industry: A 22 year old person that doesn't "really" know can START at $70,000 to $90,000! All you have to do is grind it out and get that damn (useful) degree. After that you're making $150,000 ($97,000 after taxes and some BS) or more depending on your role.

NO EXCUSE!!! Only people holding you back is YOU and your "friends" that are full of excuses. Don't listen to the news... Republican or Democratic sites. Just do you. Hustle and understand that every now and then you are born 6' 8" with extraordinary skills the pro's look for. Other than that your are like the rest of the 99.9% on earth. You have to work for it. I will go out and say... outright or secretly say " everyone else!" they don't care for your success.

Moral of the story is: The only thing holding you back is you. Just remember LeBron James coulda been just another 6' 9"... uncoordinated guy struggling to make it.... just like you! Please people don't get caught up in these riots or "rage" and focus on how to put your best step forward.

Make Yourself Great Again! MYGA!

Name
    Rudo y Cursi
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

The worst thing you can do to a Black woman is to talk about her hygiene. She deserved it though
    Not sure what are your indicators but that girl seems pretty clean. (Indirect data of course.)

Also, that chic drops some serious FACTS most pea-brains don't get. Dumb, idiot, fill-in-the-blank-diss, or whatever.... if you follow her ways you'll be ok in life. Go against it and you'll be a wellfare-dependent mofo for generation to come!

Name
    Rudo y Cursi
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think he did enough with his first few specials and Chappelle Show to qualify him as such, he certainly has the utmost respect of his peers.
    Chappelle certainly entertains me but he's no genius of anything that really matters. Comedy is great and that's probably... maybe 30 minutes a month for me. I deal with actually-everyday-stuff. All this craziness reminds me of a perfect 10 getting all these tattoos. Gonna look terrible when they're skin wrinkles.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was very good, well executed. I'm sure I've seen him do the my lighter won't light routine before though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Not sure what are your indicators but that girl seems pretty clean. (Indirect data of course.)

Also, that chic drops some serious FACTS most pea-brains don't get. Dumb, idiot, fill-in-the-blank-diss, or whatever.... if you follow her ways you'll be ok in life. Go against it and you'll be a wellfare-dependent mofo for generation to come!

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    Name
    Allan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    there’s money out there for people willing to dump on their own minority demographic

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Idk...maybe it depends on how loose one uses the word "genius". I think he's one of the funniest comedians out there but there's plenty others. I don't think of them as geniuses.
    It's just a matter of preference. Accepting him as genius would make it hard to counter someone calling Taylor Swift a genius. Or Garth Brooks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Chappelle certainly entertains me but he's no genius of anything that really matters. Comedy is great and that's probably... maybe 30 minutes a month for me. I deal with actually-everyday-stuff. All this craziness reminds me of a perfect 10 getting all these tattoos. Gonna look terrible when they're skin wrinkles.
    I hope this made sense in your head.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Killing them Softly is a top 10 Greatest Special of All Time.

Chapelle Show Season 1 was genius. Season 2 was fantastic. I can see why he quit afterwards, the quality of the "lost episodes" was dumpster juice.

Didn't really care for his most recent specials. He just hasn't been as funny since his return.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Idk...maybe it depends on how loose one uses the word "genius". I think he's one of the funniest comedians out there but there's plenty others. I don't think of them as geniuses.
    It's just a matter of preference. Accepting him as genius would make it hard to counter someone calling Taylor Swift a genius. Or Garth Brooks.
    They have giant marketing machines behind them. Chappelle was on Def Comedy Jam at 19, that's pretty impressive.

Thread Information