Page 64 of 128 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3198
    Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you're saying the spurs asked and were rebuked? Ok what eves.
    I will agree with you on this one. I don’t think they even considered talking to Sacramento. Sacramento front office is typically stupid, so I think we could’ve made something work if the front office had shown any interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks did WORK tonight

31pts 12reb 3 bs

12-17

Keldon was on defensivley only shot it 11 times had 11 carums but 6to

Luka only six shots but has 2 good steals

Weatherspoon was more of a Facilitator

Dedric Lawson had it going off the Bench

Kevion Pippin continues to impress but fitness do no so good

Bigs dominated a Length challenge Capital City Go Go'
    Thanks for your posts about Austin, friend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is more dynamic and Athletic than Brooks.

Tell me, do you put any merit on a guys pedigree

Keldon blue chipper, went to an historic pedigree college with the Blue Chipper Recruit one and done coach, first round pick, He went ONE and Done 1st round Pick
    vs
    a lunch pale guy who played 3 years on Oregon and didn't start in college till his sop re year.
    Picked in the second round

Which translate to the difference in Speed and at ude of the two

Or are you just lowering expectations.

one guy just turned 20
    other guy is 24 in January
    I'm not saying his game is 100% like Brooks

I'm saying that a 6-6 burly guy with strength and hustle who is aggressive can be a decent player like Brooks.

I'd love for Johnson to play right now over Marco and Forbes, easy.

Whether he'll be more than a Brooks-type player is a question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon has some fire in the belly. I want to see the young guys play in SA once the parent club figures out the season is lost.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man the Spurs players look like giants compared to the DC players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personnes hollinger " Two first-rounders who played here in Vegas that I’d be pretty worried about: Luka Samanic and Zhaire Smith. Smith was a 2018 first-round pick of the Sixers who missed nearly all of last season due to a severe food allergy reaction. He’s only 20, but has struggled to make an impact even in G League games due to his limited skill level. A phenomenal leaper who does his best work in transition, the 6-4 Smith’s skill level hasn’t nearly caught up with his leaping ability – right now he’s basically a 4 in a 2’s body. The surprising part is that he hasn’t been able to bring his athleticism to bear, even in places you’d expect to see it – he rarely draws fouls, for instance, and his rates of blocks, steals and rebounds in the G League have been unremarkable." 4 hours ago – via John Hollinger @ The Athletic

If someone can share the article. Thanks

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too critical. Why even mention Luca's name. Not fair. He is a 2 year project. He is learning a whole new system. Zaire is coming off a foot injury, and unfair expectations because he was picked outside the lottery

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Personnes hollinger " Two first-rounders who played here in Vegas that I’d be pretty worried about: Luka Samanic and Zhaire Smith. Smith was a 2018 first-round pick of the Sixers who missed nearly all of last season due to a severe food allergy reaction. He’s only 20, but has struggled to make an impact even in G League games due to his limited skill level. A phenomenal leaper who does his best work in transition, the 6-4 Smith’s skill level hasn’t nearly caught up with his leaping ability – right now he’s basically a 4 in a 2’s body. The surprising part is that he hasn’t been able to bring his athleticism to bear, even in places you’d expect to see it – he rarely draws fouls, for instance, and his rates of blocks, steals and rebounds in the G League have been unremarkable." 4 hours ago – via John Hollinger @ The Athletic

Here's the part about Luka Samanic:

"As for Samanic, the Spurs’ 2019 first-rounder has played heavy minutes for Austin but seems a long way away from being a good G League player, much less helping the varsity. Samanic is 19 and physically immature, so to an extent, these were known bugs when San Antonio selected him with the 19th pick. But Samanic has a mammoth turnover rate for a stretch big (20.6 percent) with few assists to compensate – he committed a dozen miscues in two games this weekend, with just one dime. He hasn’t been able to nail down the “stretch” part of his job description either (30.7 percent on 3s).
    The good news for San Antonio is that 29th pick Keldon Johnson seems further along – the high-motor swingman is a straight-line driver with a big motor who had a 25-point outing against Sioux Falls on Thursday. He still needs to tighten up his outside shooting (26.5 percent on 3s) and find teammates more often rather than just driving to score, but the 20-year-old seems on a trajectory toward becoming a helpful player in the mid-term future"

This part was also interesting:

"The upshot is that 2020 first-round picks, especially late ones, are likely to be a currency that teams willingly surrender if the right trade is there. One name I doubt you’ll hear on the trade market: Davis Bertans. Some have speculated that Washington’s deep-bombing stretch forward could be on the market ahead of his unrestricted free agency, but all signals indicate the Wizards intend to re-sign the Latvian forward – who, at 27, is still young enough to be part of Washington’s next iteration. A further smoke signal – Washington’s recent 2-way signing of Anzejs Pasecniks. A 7-1 center who was a former first-round pick of the Sixers, Pasecniks had shown just modest production in the G League, but is a fellow Latvian who shares an agent with Bertans."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dang I liked this kid as a project. But if Lonnie is not even sniffing the floor with all his talents...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "As for Samanic, the Spurs’ 2019 first-rounder has played heavy minutes for Austin but seems a long way away from being a good G League player, much less helping the varsity. Samanic is 19 and physically immature, so to an extent, these were known bugs when San Antonio selected him with the 19th pick. But Samanic has a mammoth turnover rate for a stretch big (20.6 percent) with few assists to compensate – he committed a dozen miscues in two games this weekend, with just one dime. He hasn’t been able to nail down the “stretch” part of his job description either (30.7 percent on 3s).The good news for San Antonio is that 29th pick Keldon Johnson seems further along – the high-motor swingman is a straight-line driver with a big motor who had a 25-point outing against Sioux Falls on Thursday. He still needs to tighten up his outside shooting (26.5 percent on 23s) and find teammates more often rather than just driving to score, but the 20-year-old seems on a trajectory toward becoming a helpful player in the mid-term future."

-Hollinger

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks

That's not too concerning as we know that sa manic is a project and He has the tools to succeed.

But I have the same concern for samanic to's He needs to really improve his ball handling skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didnt see anything about why Luka isnt playing tonight? Hes on the bench. Injured?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "As for Samanic, the Spurs’ 2019 first-rounder has played heavy minutes for Austin but seems a long way away from being a good G League player, much less helping the varsity. Samanic is 19 and physically immature, so to an extent, these were known bugs when San Antonio selected him with the 19th pick. But Samanic has a mammoth turnover rate for a stretch big (20.6 percent) with few assists to compensate – he committed a dozen miscues in two games this weekend, with just one dime. He hasn’t been able to nail down the “stretch” part of his job description either (30.7 percent on 3s).The good news for San Antonio is that 29th pick Keldon Johnson seems further along – the high-motor swingman is a straight-line driver with a big motor who had a 25-point outing against Sioux Falls on Thursday. He still needs to tighten up his outside shooting (26.5 percent on 23s) and find teammates more often rather than just driving to score, but the 20-year-old seems on a trajectory toward becoming a helpful player in the mid-term future."

-Hollinger
    Lol. This front office can't do anything right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Det Soft Euro thing could be as bad as Splitter IMHO. I HOPE he comes out of this thing NEXT season, where at this rate he'll spend another year in Austin.

Hollinger isn't wrong.
    I mean this is his first game he hasnt played lmao. But i do remember there was one game where he was in pain in one of his legs. Not sure how long ago that was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Spurs

POS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A +/- OREB DREB REB AST PF STL TO BS BA PTS
    Keldon
    Johnson

SF 28 4-8 2-3 2-2 -25 1 5 6 1 0 1 1 2 0 15
    Dedric
    Lawson

PF 28 5-10 1-4 1-1 -19 3 3 6 2 3 2 1 0 0 13
    Chimezie
    Metu

C 29 8-18 0-3 1-2 -23 3 6 9 1 0 1 3 1 1 18
    Quinndary
    Weatherspoon

SG 25 2-10 0-2 0-0 -21 1 4 5 8 3 1 2 0 0 4
    Galen
    Robinson Jr.

PG 23 5-6 0-0 1-2 -16 0 0 0 4 4 0 2 0 0 12
    Jeff
    Ledbetter

15 1-3 1-3 1-1 -1 0 1 1 1 0 1 2 0 0 4
    Matt
    Farrell

18 2-4 0-2 0-0 -6 0 1 1 3 0 1 0 0 0 4
    Drew
    Eubanks

11 3-5 0-0 1-2 1 0 2 2 1 0 2 0 0 0 7
    Daulton
    Hommes

19 4-7 1-4 0-0 -6 0 1 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 9
    Kenny
    Williams

19 2-7 0-3 0-0 0 2 1 3 0 1 0 0 0 0 4
    Tevin
    King

6 0-4 0-2 0-0 -3 0 0 0 2 1 1 1 0 0 0
    Jordan
    Green

6 2-3 0-0 1-4 -3 2 1 3 0 0 1 0 0 1 5
    Kavion
    Pippen

6 3-4 0-1 1-1 -3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 7
    Luka
    Samanic

Total
    - - 41-89 5-27 9-15 - 12 25 37 24 14 11 12 4 2 102

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get what Hollinger is saying, but the point of the GLeague is to push players. Luka isn’t going to be playmaking a ton in the NBA; that won’t be his main role. The fact Luka is taking risks and trying advanced passes is fine with me even with the TO’s. Push him to develop these other really valuable skills and learn there where results dont matter as much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get what Hollinger is saying, but the point of the GLeague is to push players. Luka isn’t going to be playmaking a ton in the NBA; that won’t be his main role. The fact Luka is taking risks and trying advanced passes is fine with me even with the TO’s. Push him to develop these other really valuable skills and learn there where results dont matter as much.
    Exactly!! That's how Manu got better with his crazy passes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs made a trade!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs made a trade!!!

Rodriguez is listed as 5' 11". How could the Spurs resist?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen this kid play several times. of a motor. I don't think he's really even 5'11". But if you're ever in a pickup game at the gym, you want him on your team. He'll be good to keep things flowing for some of the Spurs' real projects.

Spurs made a trade!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs made a trade!!!

We be stacked
    LOB!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks will never make to NBA. Gleague Gm more active than NBA gm. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    G League defense is pretty darn bad (but Weatherspoon looks good nonetheless).

Thread Information