Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly.

Get a $50,000 knee replacement and you are gonna pay $10,000. There is no max out of pocket. The supplements are gonna cost you $250 a month and they still don't pay everything.
    current medicare is a drain because the risk pool is non-existent. the entire risk pool is old people who are prone to getting surgeries, needing medication, and treatment. the idea is if you add the entire population to the risk pool, you no longer need the 80/20 share just to make it viable.

hence the medicare for all proposal that bernie and warren are behind. read the link above, ffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    current medicare is a drain because the risk pool is non-existent. the entire risk pool is old people who are prone to getting surgeries, needing medication, and treatment. the idea is if you add the entire population to the risk pool, you no longer need the 80/20 share just to make it viable.

hence the medicare for all proposal that bernie and warren are behind. read the link above, ffs
    pie in the sky.

What about the 50% that pay no income tax now? what will they pay for medicare for all?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pie in the sky.

What about the 50% that pay no income tax now? what will they pay for medicare for all?
    raise the Federal minimum wage to $20 / hour over a couple years, get 10Ms of working poor off public assistance, off Medicaid, and shift those savings to help pay for their health care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pie in the sky.

the concept of expanding the risk pool is pie in the sky? i dont think so.

its been made plenty clear that the burden will be shifted to the wealthier, not to the lower/middle class. overall costs will go down when you remove the need to fund the middle-man insurance companies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boutons es about everything
    Why he bothers to even live in USA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the concept of expanding the risk pool is pie in the sky? i dont think so.

its been made plenty clear that the burden will be shifted to the wealthier, not to the lower/middle class. overall costs will go down when you remove the need to fund the middle-man insurance companies
    The wealthy being the 50% that pay taxes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    raise the Federal minimum wage to $20 / hour over a couple years, get 10Ms of working poor off public assistance, off Medicaid, and shift those savings to help pay for their health care.
    If they raise the min wage go 20
    McDonald’s will cost 60 for 2 people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They raised the min wage in az movies and everything went up more then the min wage did !

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    under the sanders plan, the only exception would be prescription drugs, which would be capped at $200 per year
    so that's bull . If you have type 1 diabetes with no chance of a cure (unlike type 2, say, which is reversible) you have to pay the full big pharma price after you've reached $200 per year worth? that's ing re ed if I understood it correctly.

just make all prescription drugs $5 per 30 day supply and call it a day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly.

Get a $50,000 knee replacement and you are gonna pay $10,000. There is no max out of pocket. The supplements are gonna cost you $250 a month and they still don't pay everything.
    insurance is only a big chunk of the problem, but they need to regulate doctor/provider profits as well. There's no reason a two-hour procedure should cost $50K. The greedy pigs in white charge $100K (!!) for a routine pacemaker surgery, of course with insurance the patient pays only a percentage, but patient pay healthcare will always be the worst s on earth until the pigs in white are regulated along with the insurance companies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bernie has said it tbh... its warren who has tried to avoid soundbites by just saying "costs will go down." one of my criticisms of her, but she knows that right wing media will cut the clip where she says "taxes will go up" and play it on a loop

bernie has said your taxes will go up but you'll no longer make separate payments for premiums/copays/deductibles
    That's the part these articles leave out. Idk why Dem candidates other than Bernie struggle so much to explain this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so that's bull . If you have type 1 diabetes with no chance of a cure (unlike type 2, say, which is reversible) you have to pay the full big pharma price after you've reached $200 per year worth? that's ing re ed if I understood it correctly.

just make all prescription drugs $5 per 30 day supply and call it a day.
    naturally, you understood incorrectly. 200 out of pocket is the cap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SnakeBoy my bad, didnt catch that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    naturally, you understood incorrectly. 200 out of pocket is the cap
    ok, then that is fine. As long as the first 200 are covered to some extent, like 80-20 or a $15 copay or something and then after $200 everything is free until January 1st of the next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The wealthy being the 50% that pay taxes.
    nah. overall cost to most of the middle class (yes, including taxpayers) would likely drop. whatever new taxes they'd pay would be lower than their premium and out of pocket expenses they're paying now. burden increases progressively

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok, then that is fine. As long as the first 200 are covered to some extent, like 80-20 or a $15 copay or something and then after $200 everything is free until January 1st of the next year.
    so you're still complaining about a policy that has you paying $0 out of pocket for any medical expenses, but asks that you pay $200 annually for some prescription drugs, demanding that that ing $200 be covered?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean, I'm already paying large amounts of Medicare income tax in addition to my regular federal income tax, so why should I not get what I pay for already? Not fair. What happens to those who work hard and for good money and only live to say, 47? The filthy government stole your money and completely ripped you off. Same reason I don't mess with IRAs/401k's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you're still complaining about a policy that has you paying $0 out of pocket for any medical expenses, but asks that you pay $200 annually for some prescription drugs, demanding that that ing $200 be covered?
    how much are the premiums though? If they're zero, then yeah... but that $200 would probably be gone on the first or second prescription considering how much US big pharma charges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    overall costs would go down just from the perspective that the insurance companies no longer get their vig

thats not even disputable and is very easily calculated. but a single payer system also puts you in a much better position to negotiate the actual cost of services/drugs, where the savings could be astronomical (see price difference between here and canada for insulin, for example)

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I mean, I'm already paying large amounts of Medicare income tax in addition to my regular federal income tax, so why should I not get what I pay for already? Not fair. What happens to those who work hard and for good money and only live to say, 47? The filthy government stole your money and completely ripped you off. Same reason I don't mess with IRAs/401k's.
    you sir are a riot!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how much are the premiums though? If they're zero, then yeah... but that $200 would probably be gone on the first or second prescription considering how much US big pharma charges.
    brah read what i've been saying throughout this thread. ur in about 200 annually compared to the system we currently have? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you sir are a riot!
    Explain?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and what happens to those people who are 15 years old but need surgery and chemotherapy but havent paid taxes yet? them?

thats how a risk pool works

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    brah read what i've been saying throughout this thread. ur in about 200 annually compared to the system we currently have? lol
    200 annually with no premiums is definitely affordable for all except the completely unemployed. And even those can probably get welfare through TANF to cover that.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    read everything again.

Thread Information