Dex w the goods! Great work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Badass!

I was there and it was a great feeling and made up for the high blood pressure the rest of the %$#@ing game gave me! Woot!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just figured this audio you did out (thought it was familiar).....gold indeed!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dex w the goods! Great work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns have wins over Denver, Boston, @Milwakee ... lost to @Toronto by 2 with KL playing, gave the Celtics headaches in the game Boston did win, and gave @76ers trouble in Philly. I understand Pop is wanting these guys to focus now, clean up the mistakes on the home stand, get DeMar back before the RRT, and pray you play well enough for a 4-4 split with a good week to rest, practice, and refocus for the stretch run since it looks like no Spur will be involved in All Star week. But Pop ... get your head out of your own ass!!!! Sometimes you win ugly. It happens. But to pull that side show for the press was just that, a sick side show. You could have said what you did in the locker room and left it at that, but no you needed to make a statement!! A tired, stupid, old statement that had dust rolling off your tongue as you made it!! If you wanted your players to play better during the game, I've got an idea, COACH THEM DURING THE GAME!! Instead of taking a 27 second cheap shot afterwards. Did the Spurs have turnovers, yes. Could their execution been better, yes. But they also should expect a better example of a professional then what they got from their coach tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why can't we force teams to foul us to stop the clock in games we should ice at the free throw line instead of turning it over like dumb s? That's twice Marco has almost blown games like that. WTF. I'll take the win but that needs to stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ugly win ....but.....still a win

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing awesome

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop gotta Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't play together: 29 assists

Weren't physical: who Pop? Can't say LA wasn't (14 rebs), or Bertans (Bert isn't physical, but had high activity as evidenced by his steals. The team had 9 overall. And outboarded the Suns 50-42.

No doubt there were some slow rotations, but come on Pop. This team doesn't have anyone to shut down Booker. At times other teams are going to shoot well regardless...Phoenix was that team last night.

Phoenix was robbed: No Pop, your team was almost robbed. Marco blatantly fouled on the 2nd to last offensive possession of the game, and Rudy fouled on the shooting wrist on his game winner.

Sometimes these post game comments are just getting old. Don't get me wrong, it was far from a perfect showing, but Pop was just acting like typical Pop.

You were spot on about getting out coached though Pop. Some of these rotations you have been conjuring up are pretty horrible.

Just say ugly win and move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Weren't physical: who Pop? Can't say LA wasn't (14 rebs), or Bertans (Bert isn't physical, but had high activity as evidenced by his steals. The team had 9 overall. And outboarded the Suns 50-42.

No doubt there were some slow rotations, but come on Pop. This team doesn't have anyone to shut down Booker. At times other teams are going to shoot well regardless...Phoenix was that team last night.

Phoenix was robbed: No Pop, your team was almost robbed. Marco blatantly fouled on the 2nd to last offensive possession of the game, and Rudy fouled on the shooting wrist on his game winner.

Sometimes these post game comments are just getting old. Don't get me wrong, it was far from a perfect showing, but Pop was just acting like typical Pop.

You were spot on about getting out coached though Pop. Some of these rotations you have been conjuring up are pretty horrible.

. I usually give Pop the benefit of doubt but this postgame was a bit over the top. Just take the win, say it was bad but learn from it, go have your dinner with some wine, wake up to get better the next day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was waaaaay over the top from Pop, he even turned his back and walked away after his tirade in an attempt not to laugh but he'd better use the film tomorrow to teach some lessons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean, you nitpick the specifics all you want, but it goes back to what many of us were talking about before the game: this should have been an easily winnable game against an injured, poor opponent...and it still took a bailout shot by Rudy Gay to avoid going to overtime.

If the team doesn't bring the proper focus every single game (especially on the defensive end), we are going to see more pathetic losses like the previous one against the Suns, or the ones against Chicago, Orlando, and Memphis.

The Spurs are not in a position to give away any more games, and last night was not a step in the right direction despite the W.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy nails the game winner and Pop says the Suns got robbed. That's what a trash win this was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly the game was frustrating because of small mistakes but they definitely competed. I think this was just a teaching lesson for Pop to tell them just how much more physical and better they need to be if they want to contend. That was a hot shooting, athletic Suns team not to mention their assistant coach probably knew the best ways to stop the Spurs. Pop needs the team to be absolutely the best they can be or else they will be embarrassed during the RRT and we will take our selves out of contention by not getting a top 4 seed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s why you play the game because it doesn’t matter how good or bad you are on any given day you can win or loose. Was it ugly well the defense was but I was impressed the Suns even though tanking played hard and were hitting some difficult shoots. Pop needs to look in the mirror he coached a ty game and we still win I’ll take that and on to next game.

FYI - Who ever is drawing up these inbound late game on the line plays needs to be replaced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren't physical: who Pop? Can't say LA wasn't (14 rebs), or Bertans (Bert isn't physical, but had high activity as evidenced by his steals.
    this is hilarious

rebounds are proof of LMA's physicality but bertans' 1 rebound can be ignored and you arbitrarily use other criteria to demonstrate his physicality

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don’t except Bertans to get a lot of rebounds since he is camped out on 3 point line vs LMA who is now playing more in the paint. As long as he can get to right spots and stay in front of his man that is good enough for me oh yeah he has to shoot the 3 ball with accuracy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s why you play the game because it doesn’t matter how good or bad you are on any given day you can win or loose. Was it ugly well the defense was but I was impressed the Suns even though tanking played hard and were hitting some difficult shoots. Pop needs to look in the mirror he coached a ty game and we still win I’ll take that and on to next game.

FYI - Who ever is drawing up these inbound late game on the line plays needs to be replaced.
    Seriously. This is like the third time the final "play" has devolved into trying to throw it to Beli at halfcourt running away from the basket, and in all three cases the ball was deflected or stolen.

Thread Information