Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those saying Detroit would only want to pair up derozan with griffin missed the memo that griffin is on the trading block lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the summers of 2020 and 2021 we will have to re-sign Murray and White and possibly Poeltl and maybe Forbes.

How much flexibility will we have to do those things+fill out the roster with other role players+go after a starting SF with an almost 40mil$ contract in the books till 2022.

That's my concern actually.I know we can't get Giannis for example in 2021 Free Agency,but how much of a burden will that contract be when dealing with the other needed pieces to sign.

And of course,Griffin is a better fit than DeRozan with our current guard talent and rotation,that's a given.
    I don’t really see any of our young guys commanding max contract in the near future. Do you see 3 of our players commanding max contracts in the next 2-3 years? I don’t think so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t really see any of our young guys commanding max contract in the near future. Do you see 3 of our players commanding max contracts in the next 2-3 years? I don’t think so.
    I honestly don't know.If we try to predict the numbers what will we come up with?

I'll give it an uneducated,simple first try for the 2021-22 season.DJ-20per,White-13 per,Poeltl-7 per,Forbes-7 per.Then we have Carroll 1.5 guaranteed.Lonnie 4,5,Luka 3,Keldon 2.Then Blake at 39mil$.

That's 97 mil$ and 8 players.What should we say the cap will be at? 110mil$? 115? So,then we have somewhere from 13 to 18mil$ to fill out the roster and get a good Free Agent.
    That's not enough and it's that Blake contract that causes that problem-that's all i'm saying.

Again,i have no idea about those numbers and just wanted to get a rough estimate.I hope nobody comes with pitchforks against me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly don't know.If we try to predict the numbers what will we come up with?

I'll give it an uneducated,simple first try for the 2021-22 season.DJ-20per,White-13 per,Poeltl-7 per,Forbes-7 per.Then we have Carroll 1.5 guaranteed.Lonnie 4,5,Luka 3,Keldon 2.Then Blake at 39mil$.

That's 97 mil$ and 8 players.What should we say the cap will be at? 110mil$? 115? So,then we have somewhere from 13 to 18mil$ to fill out the roster and get a good Free Agent.
    That's not enough and it's that Blake contract that causes that problem-that's all i'm saying.

Again,i have no idea about those numbers and just wanted to get a rough estimate.I hope nobody comes with pitchforks against me
    Blake’s salary fit with our young core, enough to contend now. I’d take that to the bank anytime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Actually I think you may be slightly low-balling White and Poeltl.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are not getting Blake for Derozan lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually I think you may be slightly low-balling White and Poeltl.
    Still they are not max players anytime soon. And teams should be able to sign 3 max, especially with Spurs ability to surround with quality role players at cheap. My point is, if a All-Star > Derozan is available now, I would do my diligence to grab, especially since San Antonio is not really high on FA list.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are not getting Blake for Derozan lol
    agree. I have a question for all of u who wants griffin. Whats the reason to get him? No significant progression to make a ring chase nor rebbuild/reload to make this run in near future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree. I have a question for all of u who wants griffin. Whats the reason to get him? No significant progression to make a ring chase nor rebbuild/reload to make this run in near future
    White/Murray/Carroll/Blake/Aldridge can compete

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still they are not max players anytime soon. And teams should be able to sign 3 max, especially with Spurs ability to surround with quality role players at cheap. My point is, if a All-Star > Derozan is available now, I would do my diligence to grab, especially since San Antonio is not really high on FA list.
    As much as I want to move Dumbmar, Blake for Dumbmar is a hard call for me. Better fit, but huge contract for a guy who has had a serious injury. I wouldn’t dislike it. However, Blake’s deal would strain the payroll and really restrict moves.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White/Murray/Carroll/Blake/Aldridge can compete
    for western conference semi-finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting Blake for DDR is a pipe dream, but I would love it for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for western conference semi-finals
    Better than 1st round with Demar. And who knows? Lebron/Davis staying healthy all year?? I would love for Pop to stick it on Kawhi. And Blake is a harder cover.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think y’all are thinking about high flying Blake griffin like when he came in the league when talking about his injuries. Griffin if you look at his career games per season he’s only played less than 50 games twice. He average basically 24, 7, 5 while playing 35 minutes per game. He would be an absolute no brainer to trade demar for. The game he plays now will age very well especially in the spurs system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs trade DeMar, Aaron Gordon should be the target. His age and contract, it decreases the next two off season, are major reasons why. Plus, with the type of flexibility the Spurs could have next off season with the amount of expiring contracts and partial guarantee contracts, it isn't out of the realm of possibility you can sign your own restricted FA in Murray and Poetl while making a run at a Jalen Brown. And much of that can be done because of Gordon and his contract structure. Blake Griffin's contract isn't going to give you that, plus Gordon is 5-6 years younger than Blake with no Jenner miles on him.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than 1st round with Demar. And who knows? Lebron/Davis staying healthy all year?? I would love for Pop to stick it on Kawhi. And Blake is a harder cover.
    dont forget bout kawhi+ pg, russ+harden, gsw, denver, and dark horse utaz jazz.
    thats a wrong thinking which i dont like in spurs. They do everything to be just in playoffs to
    keep popovich strike alive by adding some two old „not so great as in the past” player alongside some young players from the bottom of draft. Thats not the way u can compete for finals.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs trade DeMar, Aaron Gordon should be the target. His age and contract, it decreases the next two off season, are major reasons why. Plus, with the type of flexibility the Spurs could have next off season with the amount of expiring contracts and partial guarantee contracts, it isn't out of the realm of possibility you can sign your own restricted FA in Murray and Poetl while making a run at a Jalen Brown. And much of that can be done because of Gordon and his contract structure. Blake Griffin's contract isn't going to give you that, plus Gordon is 5-6 years younger than Blake with no Jenner miles on him.
    of course gordon >griffin, hes younger, more perspective and cheaper. But if we get him i think they also should trade LMA for another younger guy who can develop next to gordon. Especially when the rumors say lma can go to portland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont forget bout kawhi+ pg, russ+harden, gsw, denver, and dark horse utaz jazz.
    thats a wrong thinking which i dont like in spurs. They do everything to be just in playoffs to
    keep popovich strike alive by adding some two old „not so great as in the past” player alongside some young players from the bottom of draft. Thats not the way u can compete for finals.
    We had 3 old and a young mid-1st round who didn’t want to shoot for our 5th ring against banana boat

I’m not saying it’s enough coz there is no guarantee, but better than we have and staying pat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this tbh. One advantage the Spurs have is that they don't have a player on a max deal. Even DeRozan and LA earn under 30 million per year which always gives you a possibility to make a move. I wouldn't touch any +30 million contracts of players in their 30s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course gordon >griffin, hes younger, more perspective and cheaper. But if we get him i think they also should trade LMA for another younger guy who can develop next to gordon. Especially when the rumors say lma can go to portland.
    I agree with getting Gordon a fellow running mate at Forward if you trade for him, but you are likely doing that next off season than this one. LMA could conceivably be traded at deadline, but he's only guaranteed 7mill next off season anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we really see Aldridge and Blake as a good fit? They would be a powerful force down low but could get exposed in space I'd think. Of course, pop always says we zig when the rest of the league zags... maybe this would be his counter to the modern NBA. Play 3 6'5" guys with two skilled power bigs....idk...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this tbh. One advantage the Spurs have is that they don't have a player on a max deal. Even DeRozan and LA earn under 30 million per year which always gives you a possibility to make a move. I wouldn't touch any +30 million contracts of players in their 30s
    You're completely right about the max deal. Look at next off season if they did trade for Gordon as an example :

Gordon 18 mill
    Mills 12 - expiring
    Fournier 17 mill - expiring (to make Gordon trade work)
    RG - 16 mill - expiring
    LMA - 7 mill guaranteed (14 million saved)

Murray is your only RFA who would get in that money bracket next year, Poetl probably 10-12 mill. Everyone else is on a rookie deal, expiring or partial guarantee contract. There is no major financial resources tied to one specific player. Not having that max salary will give the Spurs major flexibility to sign their own guys while targeting specific players in FA or in a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to plan for the unforeseen. What happens if one, or even two of them break out, and you're stuck with 60 games a year Ginger making $40M?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we really see Aldridge and Blake as a good fit? They would be a powerful force down low but could get exposed in space I'd think. Of course, pop always says we zig when the rest of the league zags... maybe this would be his counter to the modern NBA. Play 3 6'5" guys with two skilled power bigs....idk...
    Both can shoot and run with the guards. And Blake is not afraid of taking that winning shot, and that’s the reason why I prefer Blake over Gordon despite the age. Gordon has not seen playoff situations yet. Spurs don’t have a closer, hopefully White would make that leap. But for sure Blake could.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're completely right about the max deal. Look at next off season if they did trade for Gordon as an example :

Gordon 18 mill
    Mills 12 - expiring
    Fournier 17 mill - expiring (to make Gordon trade work)
    RG - 16 mill - expiring
    LMA - 7 mill guaranteed (14 million saved)

Murray is your only RFA who would get in that money bracket next year, Poetl probably 10-12 mill. Everyone else is on a rookie deal, expiring or partial guarantee contract. There is no major financial resources tied to one specific player. Not having that max salary will give the Spurs major flexibility to sign their own guys while targeting specific players in FA or in a trade.
    why fournier? (it’d his 17mil+ 20mil gordon vs 28 derozan which doesnt match or am
    i wrong?) not better take young bamba or isaac?
    but yeah, next offseason with this contracts seems to be very interesting. Please spurs make this happen and dont screw this up. But its a pity that next FAs arent so good as in this year.

Thread Information