Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not advocating either of the following trades, but . . .

Allen would only make sense in a scenario like this: Signed and traded, along with Sexton for Poeltl and #12. The problem is the timing for draft purposes, so that the Cavaliers get the Spurs to select who they want.

Here's another one that could work with the Cavaliers: Love and Sexton for #12 and Walker IV.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not advocating either of the following trades, but . . .

Allen would only make sense in a scenario like this: Signed and traded, along with Sexton for Poeltl and #12. The problem is the timing for draft purposes, so that the Cavaliers get the Spurs to select who they want.

Here's another one that could work with the Cavaliers: Love and Sexton for #12 and Walker IV.
    How do you see Sexton and DJ fitting or not in that scenario?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot to include Walker IV in the first one.

How do you see Sexton and DJ fitting or not in that scenario?
    Decent. Lacking play making and volume 3-point shooting and both would ideally defend the one, but Sexton is a good 3-point shooter, could defend the weaker guard and provide go-to scoring.

White could both back them up and play alongside them at times too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hero on the trade block. Anyone know if his game is better than White or Murray? And what would it take to get him as Heat are in win now mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Sexton, he is seeking a max and I am unsure I want to invest a max on a 6"3 SG that we haven't seen him win.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hero on the trade block. Anyone know if his game is better than White or Murray? And what would it take to get him as Heat are in win now mode.
    It's hard to see what they'd want from is unless they are looking for a DDR S&T..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray and White are both significantly better players than Herro. The only exception is 3pt percentage, but Herro isn’t enough better at that to close the gap.

Herro is under contract for $4 M next season.

No idea what Miami would want, I could only say, somebody to play with Butler. Depends on what Jimmy wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Jarrett Allen, but we just watched the DPOY get played off the floor in the playoffs... why would you want to max out a lesser version? It makes no sense in the modern NBA. Save that money for shooters, swing players, shot creators, and switchable defenders. Finding a 6'11"/7' guy who plays some D isn't that difficult. The Spurs already have a bargain in Poeltl.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Jarrett Allen, but we just watched the DPOY get played off the floor in the playoffs... why would you want to max out a lesser version? It makes no sense in the modern NBA. Save that money for shooters, swing players, shot creators, and switchable defenders. Finding a 6'11"/7' guy who plays some D isn't that difficult. The Spurs already have a bargain in Poeltl.
    I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed. I will say Utah lacks legit scorers though too I feel like their whole team is built around defense and their whole offense is built around Donovan Mitc . When you’re relying on Jordan Clarkson for volume scoring I think you’re going to struggle against teams that rely on multiple legit superstars to score the ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed. I will say Utah lacks legit scorers though too I feel like their whole team is built around defense and their whole offense is built around Donovan Mitc . When you’re relying on Jordan Clarkson for volume scoring I think you’re going to struggle against teams that rely on multiple legit superstars to score the ball
    Yeah, and I think a healthy Mike Conley was missed more than expected, even though that story was barely talked about in the coverage.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want the team to build around White and Vucevic, lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Jarrett Allen, but we just watched the DPOY get played off the floor in the playoffs... why would you want to max out a lesser version? ...

Jarrett Allen, max? Where did that notion come from, his agent? His Qualifying Offer is $7.7 M, and he might get, oh, possibly as high as $10 M/year from a team with severe problems at C. Anything more, somebody’s front office has gone silly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jarrett Allen, max? Where did that notion come from, his agent? His Qualifying Offer is $7.7 M, and he might get, oh, possibly as high as $10 M/year from a team with severe problems at C. Anything more, somebody’s front office has gone silly.
    This story was everywhere a few months ago: https://cavaliersnation.com/2021/05/...act-extension/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah. I couldn’t help noticing this:

“ Recently, an NBA agent said that Allen could command a contract worth nearly $25 million per season.”

An agent.

I don’t know enough about the Cavs to know how silly they are, except their record was much worse than the Spurs, and they still owe Kevin Love $60 M. I can’t say the Cavs wouldn’t do it. But the Spurs? It would be absurd.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting Or Wanting Love is just plain Stupid

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree 2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devil's advocate . . .

- Spurs are both too far removed from having to worry about that and seem more interested in trying to be perpetually "compe ive" than building a contender.

- Poeltl is relatively inexpensive for now. At this rate, he won't be in 2 years time. Allen is also 3 years younger and arguably already better.

- In either trade, it'd be more so about Sexton. There's reasons why, given their situation, either of the bigs could make sense too though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting Or Wanting Love is just plain Stupid
    Depends on what comes along with him - #3 + Love for #12 would worth eating that contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on what comes along with him - #3 + Love for #12 would worth eating that contract.
    That's the only way I'd eat that contract....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the only way I'd eat that contract....
    I'd do it for an 2022 (top 3 protected) and 2024 1st (top 3 protected) ; there's probably other combos that would work for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is an interesting story to watch.

https://clutchpoints.com/blazers-new...a-in-olympics/

“Pop being the coach of the national team played a big role in my decision to commit,” Lillard said (via Columbian.com). “I have a lot of respect for Pop as a coach and as a person. I look forward to playing for him, taking in his basketball knowledge and seeing what our team can do.”
    DJ + Walker + #12 + 2023 Future first…May get discussions started or too lopsided in favour of Spurs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do it for an 2022 (top 3 protected) and 2024 1st (top 3 protected) ; there's probably other combos that would work for me.
    Maybe...but I'd have to see what happens to those protections in subsequent years..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is an interesting story to watch.

https://clutchpoints.com/blazers-new...a-in-olympics/

DJ + Walker + #12 + 2023 Future first…May get discussions started or too lopsided in favour of Spurs?
    It's to lopsided in our favor ..that said, if Dame wants to come here, and here only, then his value drops and our price would drop...it'd have to get nasty there for that though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devil's advocate . . .

- Spurs are both too far removed from having to worry about that and seem more interested in trying to be perpetually "compe ive" than building a contender.

- Poeltl is relatively inexpensive for now. At this rate, he won't be in 2 years time. Allen is also 3 years younger and arguably already better.

- In either trade, it'd be more so about Sexton. There's reasons why, given their situation, either of the bigs could make sense too though.
    I'm not that big on Sexton-- he's one of those guys that will demand a max contract based on scoring, and I just don't see him as a max guy. I'd rather take our chances with the #12 pick & move on from there.

Thread Information