Page 90 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than the skin color I don't think they play the same at all.
    How are they not the same!? They’re both big wings that play SF/PF, both are decent shooters, solid defenders, etc. It just seems redundant to have both of them on the team, I wouldn’t hate because I’m still skeptical of Luka but I think there’s other areas of need or shoot for higher upside

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The comp I like most for Wagner is Andrei Kirilenko... Positive impact on both offensive & defensive sides with a relatively low usage rate, so more a well rounded glue guy than a #1 option. In college, advanced stats loved Wagner, as they did Kirilenko-- I haven't seen that from Samanic at all in any capacity. The one slight fear I have for Wagner after watching more tape on him is that a lot of his three point misses seem to be pretty bad misses, clanking off the front rim or being completely misaligned, so projections of him becoming a better than average three point shooter might be exaggerated, though his good FT% works in his favor. I think Franz is ideally a tall SG or a SF, whereas Luka is likely a PF who can maybe log some SF or C minutes.
    I don’t remember where it was but Luka himself compared himself to Andre Kirilenko as one of the players he models his game after lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t remember where it was but Luka himself compared himself to Andre Kirilenko as one of the players he models his game after lol
    yeah-and in that same interview he also compared his game to KD's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Interesting... I haven't seen that. Good sign, in my book!

Edit: Ah, found it: https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/s...-the-nbas-best

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are they not the same!? They’re both big wings that play SF/PF, both are decent shooters, solid defenders, etc. It just seems redundant to have both of them on the team, I wouldn’t hate because I’m still skeptical of Luka but I think there’s other areas of need or shoot for higher upside
    Luka is a big man, post up and rolls consist a chunk of his offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea of two players with the same combination of size and excellent quickness playing stifling defense is too good to pass up. They would lock down. However, it’s not a given that Luka will get there and Franz is what Luka’s upside is in theory. They both share the archetype of a player that’s needed in today’s NBA. If one doesn’t work out, at least we have another to count on.

But I’m sure you can play both together and that will be a thing of beauty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but we're all pretty sure wagner will be gone by 12 anyway? isn't that the general vibe at this time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but we're all pretty sure wagner will be gone by 12 anyway? isn't that the general vibe at this time?
    . Yes. No. Maybe. I don’t want to be disappointed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Yes. No. Maybe. I don’t want to be disappointed.
    It's the hope that kills ya.......

This draft is going to be really hard to predict after Cunningham. I'm still not sure that the Spurs are going to stick with 12, either.
    I do believe that we will end up with 1-3 solid building blocks by the time summer ends. No idea how that will shake out.

All that said, I appreciate your dedication to data-based, and, basketball-centered posts!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope somebody bites on Jalen Johnson. Feel he drops like a stone, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope somebody bites on Jalen Johnson. Feel he drops like a stone, though.
    Yes my Spurs, future franchise player

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea of two players with the same combination of size and excellent quickness playing stifling defense is too good to pass up. They would lock down. However, it’s not a given that Luka will get there and Franz is what Luka’s upside is in theory. They both share the archetype of a player that’s needed in today’s NBA. If one doesn’t work out, at least we have another to count on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

+1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stumbled across this today, written about 4 months ago on Cory Kispert:

"despite being the kind of athlete that will never be close to touching a 30+ inch vertical jump, he counters this lack of verticality with soft touch and strength supplied from that bulky 6-foot-7, 220-pound frame that he uses well in the lane, and this aids his ability to finish with both hands."

Kispert registered a 37.5" vertical at the NBA combine. It's so common for writers to post this kind of anecdotal stuff that is just completely wrong. I saw a similar blurb a few weeks ago about Jaden Springer, who then registered a 41.5" vertical.

https://8points9seconds.com/2021/02/...lamethrower/2/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wagner is not a turnover machine like Samanic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30 days to draft day, boys.

I'm hoping Sengun is available. Dude can stroke it.

And of course he'll learn to play defense if he comes here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As it stands, I think Giddey, Moody, and Sengun are my favorite prospects in our range… honestly there really isn’t one player I’d be disappointed if we drafted

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Jones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel strongly that Samanic shouldn’t even be a consideration when deciding who to draft. They have had decent combo guard prospects in recent years and mid sized wings and still got more because when none of them are a star, or a given success, you don’t limit yourself from drafting who you think is going to be the best player.

Samanic is still a project. If he pans out that’s great, but honestly he has not yet and also may never. He can’t shoot well enough yet and without decent shooting I honestly don’t know who he is as a player, we’ll see. He shouldn’t even be a consideration on who to draft.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 06-29-2021 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Y

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel strongly that Samanic shouldn’t even be a consideration when deciding who to draft. They have had decent combo guard prospects in recent years and mid sized wings and still got more because when none of them are a star, or a given success, you don’t limit yourself from drafting who you think is going to be the best player.

Samanic is still a project. If he pans out that’s great, but honestly he has not yet and also may never. He can’t shoot well enough yet and without decent shooting I honestly don’t know who he is as a player, we’ll see. He shouldn’t even be a consideration on who to draft.
    I don't think anyone on the roster is so highly valued that it causes us to pass on a player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone on the roster is so highly valued that it causes us to pass on a player.
    Exactly this is the answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is only half the truth. Say there IS a player in the draft that’s better than Murray, White, Keldon, or Poeltl, but their projected upside is only a marginal improvement for the team. That’s a waste of a pick. I was reading the Free Agent thread and someone suggested that Jarrett Allen should be a target because he’s better than Poeltl, or something along this lines… which is, IMO, a bad idea that doesn’t move the needle. It’s why I’m not convinced with Tre Mann since what he may give on offense may be neglected by how much he takes away on defense. It’s why I can talk mysef into Kai Jones since he’s something that would change the team dynamic and would change the make-up of the team with Keldon sliding down. There’s much more factors to consider than simply getting any guy who looks marginally better than any guy on our team. Said player needs to be game-changing and frankly, very few guards where the Spurs are selecting are. That’s why I’m advocating for wings because the talent level (at #12) is that much better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is only half the truth. Say there IS a player in the draft that’s better than Murray, White, Keldon, or Poeltl, but their projected upside is only a marginal improvement for the team. That’s a waste of a pick. I was reading the Free Agent thread and someone suggested that Jarrett Allen should be a target because he’s better than Poeltl, or something along this lines… which is, IMO, a bad idea that doesn’t move the needle. It’s why I’m not convinced with Tre Mann since what he may give on offense may be neglected by how much he takes away on defense. It’s why I can talk mysef into Kai Jones since he’s something that would change the team dynamic and would change the make-up of the team with Keldon sliding down. There’s much more factors to consider than simply getting any guy who looks marginally better than any guy on our team. Said player needs to be game-changing and frankly, very few guards where the Spurs are selecting are. That’s why I’m advocating for wings because the talent level (at #12) is that much better.
    That's over-complicating things. The best player when we pick may be marginally better that Murray or much better than say Keldon (using as an example)...but he's still the Best Player Available...that should be our target no matter what because we aren't good enough to choose a lesser talent because the gap between he and KJ is greater than the disparity between a superior player and DJ. Just pick pick the best player and figure the rest out later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree; i look at kai in the 1st round or even jericho sims in the 2nd and I see them doing things that Poeltl already does better. even if jones has more upside, how long does he take to develop?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's over-complicating things. The best player when we pick may be marginally better that Murray or much better than say Keldon (using as an example)...but he's still the Best Player Available...that should be our target no matter what because we aren't good enough to choose a lesser talent because the gap between he and KJ is greater than the disparity between a superior player and DJ. Just pick pick the best player and figure the rest out later.
    BPA takes on a different definition when you’re drafting at #12 unless a top projected pick falls into your lap. There are no guys expected at #12 who is really set apart from the others. Especially no point guards.

It’s very even at that point. And I’m saying that with a huge favoritism for Wagner, Moody, Giddey.

If we were picking at #6, your comment would be more applicable since there’s a chance a true BPA falls.

Thread Information