My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today the NBA channel was showing the game where Ray Allen broke Reggie Miller's 3 pt record. The date was 2/10/2011 and Reggie had this to say:

"I'm not quite sure that anyone is ever going to come close, to whenever he does retire, to his record, because.. you don't only need to be a great shooter, you have to have longevity and health, and that's something Ray's had throughout his career."

** Steph Curry trails Ray Allen for total 3 pointers made by 141. He's reached this number having played 762 games to Allen's 1300. That's a difference of 538 games or about 6.5 seasons. His early career and past few seasons have been marred by injury. If Curry avoids further injury, he's on schedule to break Ray's record before the All-Star break.

Talk about a quote not aging well. Never say never. Records are meant to be broken & can be shattered if the game changes. Funny stuff from Reggie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most fans don't fully comprehend how great a shooter Curry is... people casually compare players like Harden, Lillard, and Beal to Steph, and those guys are closer to being midway between Westbrook and Steph in terms of career 3pt%. They're not even vaguely comparable. Curry has 7 seasons shooting over 43% from three. Harden, Lillard, & Beal in their combined 30 seasons have zero.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 08-31-2021 at 01:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today the NBA channel was showing the game where Ray Allen broke Reggie Miller's 3 pt record. The date was 2/10/2011 and Reggie had this to say:

"I'm not quite sure that anyone is ever going to come close, to whenever he does retire, to his record, because.. you don't only need to be a great shooter, you have to have longevity and health, and that's something Ray's had throughout his career."

** Steph Curry trails Ray Allen for total 3 pointers made by 141. He's reached this number having played 762 games to Allen's 1300. That's a difference of 538 games or about 6.5 seasons. His early career and past few seasons have been marred by injury. If Curry avoids further injury, he's on schedule to break Ray's record before the All-Star break.

Talk about a quote not aging well. Never say never. Records are meant to be broken & can be shattered if the game changes. Funny stuff from Reggie.
    To be fair to Reggie, a player like Curry with his unlimited range was something nobody expected tbh, he's a game changer
    Back in the day, coaches would bench you forever if you attempted a casual 3 from the logo lol

But I agree, never say never and records are made to be broken

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most fans don't fully comprehend how great a shooter Curry is... people casually compare players like Harden, Lillard, and Beal to Steph, and those guys are closer to being midway between Westbrook and Steph in terms of career 3pt%. They're not even vaguely comparable. Curry has 7 seasons shooting over 43% from three. Harden, Lillard, & Beal in their combined 30 seasons have zero.
    Agreed. He's the best shooter the league has ever seen.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    this

Steph is the best shooter ever and it's not even close. and a very good case can be made for Nash over those guys as well and only behind Steph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I still remember David Robinson being blown away by Dale Ellis making his 1,000th 3pter when Ellis was a Spur. Now, if you have 1000 career 3 pters, you'd rank number 130 below Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and above Rafer Alston, two guys who aren't known for being shooters.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reggie didn't know they'd pussify the league so much; can't blame him.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's a rare occasion but derp is right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah because the NBA was so tough back in the days, with Reggie himself flopping every 2 minutes and that giant pussy Jordan crying to Stern because he got his ass kicked by a midget for 3 straight years

So tuff

Thread Information