Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not happy with pick. I have no idea, the kid may develop into a solid rotation player but it is clear Cedar Park fans will be cheering for him for at least one year, if not two.

I am happy with the second pick for what it is and where he was drafted.

Having said that, I did not post during the draft because I was disgusted with the pick and the website was struggling with the volume of traffic. I don't have time to read this whole thread to see if anyone else commented on this but, my God was that a horrible TV show last night? I got home a bit late and missed the start and other than Jalen Rose, I don't know who the hosts were but they were worthless.

Do we get to see clips or commentary about the picks? No, we have celebrities welcoming these little prima donnas to the NBA. You got the kid from Blackish running around eating up air time with some stupid . Say what you want about ESPN but at least they had Jay Bilas or Fran Frasc a talking about the draft picks. Do we really care what type of food they like to eat and who their favorite music artist is?
    ESPN has somehow become worse in the last few years. It's a terrible network, TMZ for sports without any interest in sports.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN has somehow become worse in the last few years. It's a terrible network, TMZ for sports without any interest in sports.
    They stopped making every player cry. It is more watchable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN has somehow become worse in the last few years.
    just like the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not happy with pick. I have no idea, the kid may develop into a solid rotation player but it is clear Cedar Park fans will be cheering for him for at least one year, if not two.

I am happy with the second pick for what it is and where he was drafted.

Having said that, I did not post during the draft because I was disgusted with the pick and the website was struggling with the volume of traffic. I don't have time to read this whole thread to see if anyone else commented on this but, my God was that a horrible TV show last night? I got home a bit late and missed the start and other than Jalen Rose, I don't know who the hosts were but they were worthless.

Do we get to see clips or commentary about the picks? No, we have celebrities welcoming these little prima donnas to the NBA. You got the kid from Blackish running around eating up air time with some stupid . Say what you want about ESPN but at least they had Jay Bilas or Fran Frasc a talking about the draft picks. Do we really care what type of food they like to eat and who their favorite music artist is?
    They had two different broadcasts going simultaneously this year due to ABC being involved.
    You unfortunately we’re watching the ABC one, while there was an ESPN one airing too which followed the similar format of previous years.
    It too wasn’t great. Mike Schmitz was there though and at least offered some analysis after each pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had two different broadcasts going simultaneously this year due to ABC being involved.
    You unfortunately we’re watching the ABC one, while there was an ESPN one airing too which followed the similar format of previous years.
    It too wasn’t great. Mike Schmitz was there though and at least offered some analysis after each pick.
    I didn't even know they had the ABC broadcast. I kind of wished I watched the ABC one just for comedy.
    Last edited by daslicer; 07-30-2021 at 03:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say if you are going to be bashing the primo pick please specify if you are a : sengun sicko, moody misfit, kispert krew, or do you have some speculative trade down agreement? We need to keep track! no "i am going to take the field, there will be at least one player who putrpeforms primo for at lest one year"

Is this reach worse than the legendary bruno cabalo reach? IMHO no, but it's close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I messed up. When I turned on the tube, evidently Mrs. O had been watching something on ABC and I saw it was on so I didn't even check ESPN until the second round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I messed up. When I turned on the tube, evidently Mrs. O had been watching something on ABC and I saw it was on so I didn't even check ESPN until the second round.
    All good. Those who watched ESPN had to live with Kendrick Perkins re-enacting the fictional character of ‘Simple Jack’ from the movie ‘Tropic Thunder’.
    It was the ultimate meta experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing about the ABC coverage. Jalen Rose went on to say Indiana was going to love Primo and with Rick Carlisle, he would know how to fit this kid in. Indiana was on the clock and he got mixed up. For a minute he even had me thinking, holy crap, who did we take? Did I miss it? But he later admitted he got them mixed up.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today I listened to the Ringer Podcast they did live during the draft with BS and KOC. They said NY was actively shopping 19 and 21, and whoever had the 14 pick turned them down because they wanted more. Sounds random, but that’s when whatever shred of confidence I had left with the FO vanished. Meaning, we could have traded 12 for 19 and 21. We could have gotten Primo at 19 (at least according to anyone not delusional) AND had another pick. Jesus Christ. What a disaster upon disaster.

I look at Houston who killed it last night in the draft. Green, Garuba, Sengun and another player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gonna quote this for future reference when they bring him back for another $50mils.
    Right back at 'ya, my guy. Absolutely no chance Mills is brought back again at anywhere near $50M, doomers on this board are off their rockers with this. The most likely case for Patty to come back would be DeMar and Rudy leaving, and Patty getting a small deal as the lone vet presence on the team - but judging by Patty's still compe ive level of play, especially with his NT, contrasted with the Spurs' probable tank outlook for next season, I really doubt Patty wants to just be the vet presence on a bottom-feeder. I don't see much mutual interest for him to stay tbh, but we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today I listened to the Ringer Podcast they did live during the draft with BS and KOC. They said NY was actively shopping 19 and 21, and whoever had the 14 pick turned them down because they wanted more. Sounds random, but that’s when whatever shred of confidence I had left with the FO vanished. Meaning, we could have traded 12 for 19 and 21. We could have gotten Primo at 19 (at least according to anyone not delusional) AND had another pick. Jesus Christ. What a disaster upon disaster.

I look at Houston who killed it last night in the draft. Green, Garuba, Sengun and another player.
    I read yesterday that some teams with mid-10's picks (Indiana I think?) were high on Primo after his combine, and looking to snag him. IDK how much weight that report holds, and I still don't really like the pick, but I can see it if they thought he wouldn't be there at 19. At this point, we can only hope this Primo Pasta guy develops into an All-Star guy....

I need some highlights to get me sold on him tbh, he's a blank slate to me so far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^I’ll say that’s possible but not enough for me to change my mind.
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 07-30-2021 at 03:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read yesterday that some teams with mid-10's picks (Indiana I think?) were high on Primo after his combine, and looking to snag him. IDK how much weight that report holds, and I still don't really like the pick, but I can see it if they thought he wouldn't be there at 19. At this point, we can only hope this Primo Pasta guy develops into an All-Star guy....

I need some highlights to get me sold on him tbh, he's a blank slate to me so far
    I can definitely see Indiana wanting Primo, the Spurs snaking him, and then taking Duarte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully that’s a trade down scenario for multiple picks. I was thinking earlier about Murphy and Garuba for the 19 and 21 picks if somehow possible.
    Turns out it could have been Primo and Garuba at 19 and 21. Or if not Primo, then another guard that they were high on whom no one else care about, their other sure fire pick, Ayo Masunmo, who was drafted at #38. This was the other guy that they couldn't let get past 12. Of course, speculation. But Ayo and Primo were both rumored to be high on the Spurs list by Woj and I think even Timvp, and obviously Primo turned out to be true. Anyway, just pissing in the kool aid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing about the ABC coverage. Jalen Rose went on to say Indiana was going to love Primo and with Rick Carlisle, he would know how to fit this kid in. Indiana was on the clock and he got mixed up. For a minute he even had me thinking, holy crap, who did we take? Did I miss it? But he later admitted he got them mixed up.
    Could suggest Pacers really were going for Primo. I said this elsewhere, that they might have and took Duarte once the Spurs stole him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could suggest Pacers really were going for Primo. I said this elsewhere, that they might have and took Duarte once the Spurs stole him.

I highly doubt that. More likely jalen actually thought pacers made the selection . Doesnt matter really,spurs got their guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen just screwed up there nothing more, he didn’t have any insider info.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I highly doubt that. More likely jalen actually thought pacers made the selection . Doesnt matter really,spurs got their guy
    Jalen Rose was a Pacer and should still have contacts there.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

love it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Rose was a Pacer and should still have contacts there.
    I don’t disagree with you but I watched it live, they very clearly messed up and thought the Pacers picked Primo because they weren’t paying attention. Most of Jalen’s commentary for the night was on suits and sucking off Cade and the Pistons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's looking like Primo would have been gone by 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say if you are going to be bashing the primo pick please specify if you are a : sengun sicko, moody misfit, kispert krew, or do you have some speculative trade down agreement? We need to keep track! no "i am going to take the field, there will be at least one player who putrpeforms primo for at lest one year"

Is this reach worse than the legendary bruno cabalo reach? IMHO no, but it's close.
    Sengun Sicko here and proud of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun Sicko! And proud of it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not many Spurs tidbits this season. They were smokescreening a lot last season but this year it's back to silence.

-An international scout who a certain person in the Spurs front office goes to for opinions was asked a lot of questions regarding Giddey. But supposedly the questions weren't positive in nature. For example, he was asked to give his reasoning why Giddey isn't the next Zarko Paspalj. For those who don't know, Paspalj was a Euro prospect handpicked by Pop who was a 6-foot-9 perimeter player that was ultra skilled but turned out to just be too poor of an athlete to stick in the NBA.

-Same international scout wasn't asked at all about Sengun. That's not necessarily a negative but a little bit odd. When I asked him about Sengun, he was mostly positive about him but worries that his Turkey numbers were juiced because the team he's on is broke so they wanted to ensure they cash in on his contract buyout.

-A scout who is employed by an agent says he's 100% convinced Quentin Grimes would be taken at 41 if he's still on the board. He expects him to be gone by then but they see the Spurs as his safety net. Grimes' agent is Drew Eubanks' agent ... so there's a little bit of a connection there.

-Similar talk of the Spurs being the safety net for Ayo Dosunmu and Josh Primo -- but, as far as I can tell, that's more speculative in nature.

-Don't be surprised if their main second round targets are gone that the Spurs take AJ Lawson at 41 if he and his agent agree to sign a two-way deal. If he says no, the next target would be Aaron Wiggins.

Unfortunately, that's all I got. Last year, there were some names I knew weren't in the mix ... but this year I don't even know that.
    Nice find! Great safety net!

Thread Information