My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    anyone seen it yet?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still sad Jermaine O'Neal slipped at the last second when he sucker punched that obese Pistons fan. That one could have been nice if he would have gotten a clean hit with all that momentum.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't seen it but I have read the reviews of people who have seen it on Realgm. From what I have heard nothing new is revealed about the brawl that we didn't know already. It's pretty much for people who are not basketball fans. Also I have heard Stephen Jackson comes across as the dumbest person in the do entary but that's not surprising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not yet but I will

The Pacers had a legit shot at the NBA le that year tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched it last night. It was pretty funny. Artest admitted he was a coward for leaving the Pacers after that, Jackson said he's not sorry for the brawl and was actually proud of defending his teammates, and the whole thing was framed as a tragedy for Jermaine O'Neal and Reggie Miller not winning a ring. Reggie in particular is convinced the Pacers would have won a ring in 2005 if the brawl had never happened.

How do you think a Spurs vs. Pacers 2005 Finals would've gone? I say Spurs in 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I have heard Stephen Jackson comes across as the dumbest person in the do entary but that's not surprising.
    Jackson is a dumb person tbh. Not only that but he surrounded himself with trash like Floyd.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Not yet but I will

The Pacers had a legit shot at the NBA le that year tbh
    yeah those pacer teams were underrated, very similar to the pistons team where they had no true superstars but a lot of very solid players, balance and quality depth

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched it last night. It was pretty funny. Artest admitted he was a coward for leaving the Pacers after that, Jackson said he's not sorry for the brawl and was actually proud of defending his teammates, and the whole thing was framed as a tragedy for Jermaine O'Neal and Reggie Miller not winning a ring. Reggie in particular is convinced the Pacers would have won a ring in 2005 if the brawl had never happened.

How do you think a Spurs vs. Pacers 2005 Finals would've gone? I say Spurs in 6.
    Duncan would have had a much better series offensively against the Pacers then the Pistons simply because Jermaine/Foster were not on the same level as Sheed/Ben. Tinsley would also have not frustrated Parker the way Billups did. Parker would own the match up. Manu would get underneath Artest's skin and probably get him tossed out after Artest does a dirty flagrant 2 on him. Spurs like you said win in 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a lot of “would” lol

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

That spurs team was excellent. They beat Indy in 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah the Pacers would have skull ed the Sperms

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They wouldn't have even got by Miami imo. Spurs would've won in six, five if they didn't have HCA cause of 2-3-2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think Spurs in 6 also. While the 04 Pacers gave the Pistons in the ECF and the 05 team was way better with Stephen Jackson added, I don't think they would be as tough a matchup for the Spurs as the 05 Pistons were. While Artest and Jackson would handcuff the out of Manu, Duncan would murder Jermaine O'Neal, Austin Croshere, and Jeff Foster. So much easier a matchup for him than having to go at the two Wallaces and then McDyess too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wouldn't have even got by Miami imo. Spurs would've won in six, five if they didn't have HCA cause of 2-3-2
    True, but that Pacers team would have probably been the #1 seed in the east so Miami and Detroit would have met up in the second round. If Miami wins that series they probably beat Indiana but Detroit wins that series and I'm taking the Pacers in the ECF.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I’m still of the belief that Ben Wallace deserved 75% of the blame for the whole thing. He started the whole thing by shoving Artest over a foul that really wasn’t all that hard. He was just butthurt that his team got killed. And then he kept trying to go at Artest and wouldn’t calm down, which led to Artest laying on the scorers table.

He may not have lit the match, but he certainly is the guy who poured gasoline on the situation. He should have gotten the second largest suspension after Artest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m still of the belief that Ben Wallace deserved 75% of the blame for the whole thing. He started the whole thing by shoving Artest over a foul that really wasn’t all that hard. He was just butthurt that his team got killed. And then he kept trying to go at Artest and wouldn’t calm down, which led to Artest laying on the scorers table.

He may not have lit the match, but he certainly is the guy who poured gasoline on the situation. He should have gotten the second largest suspension after Artest.
    The NBA had to give Jackson a huge suspension for decking that innocent fan though. Sucks that there is no real punishment the NBA could give to the Pistons fanbase for starting that . One fan getting barred for life is a pretty small price to pay for ending your rivals' season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just saw it and yeah, there’s really nothing new. It gets predictably preachy. Not sure why anybody puts a mic in front of Stephen Jackson anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were there any criminal charges?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just saw it and yeah, there’s really nothing new. It gets predictably preachy. Not sure why anybody puts a mic in front of Stephen Jackson anymore
    Did he blame the Jews?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he blame the Jews?
    why would he blame a religious organization? Unless you are one of the many uniformed that believe Judaism is a race of people..

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Did not watch. Have not thought about that night at all in over a decade. Don’t remember every detail anymore, just vaguely. But couple of thoughts as a Pistons fan who remembers watching it on TV as it unfolded.

Ben Wallace absolutely deserves blame for taking it to the level it got to initially. If the Pistons were the ones up big and the same foul happened, no way he reacts that way. Pacers were punking the Pistons. Ben took exception because it was a blowout.

Do not take blame away from Ron Artest just because Ben instigated it. Many ways Artest could have responded that would not have stirred up the crowd the way it did, not the least of which was dramatically laying down on the scorers table. Cannot blame Ben for Ron Artest’s crazy.

Similarly, any blame Artest deserves does not take away blame from the guy who threw the cup. Since I didn’t watch the doc, I don’t know if it goes into greater detail about the cup. But you often hear or read that a fan threw a beer at Artest. It was a cup. Maybe a cup of beer, but a cup. Not a beer bottle, not a beer can. And from that distance, even if there was some beer or drink left in it, it probably wasn’t a lot. So while I think the fan was a ing idiot and should have been banned for life from NBA games and even face charges, just realize Ron Artest’s response was over getting hit by a plastic or paper cup. A cup.

Even as a Pistons fan, I wanted Jermaine O’Neal to cold that fan on the court. Stupid games, stupid prizes. Fellow Pistons fan, but he deserved to get knocked the out. What the are you doing stepping up to a 25 year old, 7 foot professional athlete like you’re gon do something? Dumbass. Too bad he didn’t connect clean.

Stupid showcase by Pistons fans. Really dumb. Deserves all the criticism in the world for how many of those fans acted that night. In reality, I could see the same thing happen, given the right cir stances, in cities like Philly, New York, Boston. But it didn’t happen in those cities. It happened in Detroit... really Auburn Hills, which also goes a little unmentioned in all of that. That’s the northern suburbs of Detroit. The “rich” suburbs. The Palace by then was filled with a lot of upper middle class suburban folks. The working class people of city proper often got priced out especially when the Pistons got good again and won that third championship. So if any impression was left that cast Detroit and Detroiters in a really bad light, it’s a bit misplaced. A lot of those hooligans with drunk courage were suburbanites acting out their thug fantasies.

Oh, and also dumb for Pacers players to assume they’d win the le that season based on how they were playing in November. A lot of season to go before you know what kind of team you got and how well you will play in the playoffs in May, June.
    Last edited by JamStone; 08-14-2021 at 09:24 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    why would he blame a religious organization? Unless you are one of the many uniformed that believe Judaism is a race of people..
    Apparently you’re uninformed on Stephen Jackson’s hot takes regarding the Semites

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did not watch. Have not thought about that night at all in over a decade. Don’t remember every detail anymore, just vaguely. But couple of thoughts as a Pistons fan who remembers watching it on TV as it unfolded.

Ben Wallace absolutely deserves blame for taking it to the level it got to initially. If the Pistons were the ones up big and the same foul happened, no way he reacts that way. Pacers were punking the Pistons. Ben took exception because it was a blowout.

Do not take blame away from Ron Artest just because Ben instigated it. Many ways Artest could have responded that would not have stirred up the crowd the way it did, not the least of which was dramatically laying down on the scorers table. Cannot blame Ben for Ron Artest’s crazy.

Similarly, any blame Artest deserves does not take away blame from the guy who threw the cup. Since I didn’t watch the doc, I don’t know if it goes into greater detail about the cup. But you often hear or read that a fan threw a beer at Artest. It was a cup. Maybe a cup of beer, but a cup. Not a beer bottle, not a beer can. And from that distance, even if there was some beer or drink left in it, it probably wasn’t a lot. So while I think the fan was a ing idiot and should have been banned for life from NBA games and even face charges, just realize Ron Artest’s response was over getting hit by a plastic or paper cup. A cup.

Even as a Pistons fan, I wanted Jermaine O’Neal to cold that fan on the court. Stupid games, stupid prizes. Fellow Pistons fan, but he deserved to get knocked the out. What the are you doing stepping up to a 25 year old, 7 foot professional athlete like you’re gon do something? Dumbass. Too bad he didn’t connect clean.

Stupid showcase by Pistons fans. Really dumb. Deserves all the criticism in the world for how many of those fans acted that night. In reality, I could see the same thing happen, given the right cir stances, in cities like Philly, New York, Boston. But it didn’t happen in those cities. It happened in Detroit... really Auburn Hills, which also goes a little unmentioned in all of that. That’s the northern suburbs of Detroit. The “rich” suburbs. The Palace by then was filled with a lot of upper middle class suburban folks. The working class people of city proper often got priced out especially when the Pistons got good again and won that third championship. So if any impression was left that cast Detroit and Detroiters in a really bad light, it’s a bit misplaced. A lot of those hooligans with drunk courage were suburbanites acting out their thug fantasies.

Oh, and also dumb for Pacers players to assume they’d win the le that season based on how they were playing in November. A lot of season to go before you know what kind of team you got and how well you will play in the playoffs in May, June.
    I have heard for years people who were pro-Detroit say that those fans were working class fans that came down to the lower levels once the game was decided and that the upper middle class fans had left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently you’re uninformed on Stephen Jackson’s hot takes regarding the Semites
    well Stephen Jackson, like so many others, are dumbazzes. Religion as a whole is a sham... As for Jackson, he's a muslim that smokes and drinks. That's all you need to know about him..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Watched it.

5/10 tbh.

Probably nicer if you are a Pacer fan. Let's you relive Reggie's elusive quest for a le.

Thread Information