Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austria is a great country, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ricky Rubio would be a godsend to this team.
    yea I agree and then some I have always liked Rubio and I believe him on the Spurs would put this team on a whole different level not because he is Steve Nash but he fits this system like a glove. He can defend and his passes to our knock down shooters would just be Spurs basketball all over again not to mention i think his offense would even get better being surrounded by shooters mid range or long range. If only there was a way to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been wanting Rubio on this team for a while now. He just sets up people so perfectly it's pretty amazing to watch
    Well he's not coming. He's found a home in Snyder's offense and it's highly likely he'll hang up his jersey in SLC. Cast your eyes on another pg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You used the f word like you’re ing Tony Montana.
    Now I cant let my kid read Spurstalk anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If by “fill Manu’s shoes” you mean Derozan must average 8.9/2.5 and shoot under 45%, I think he can do it tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he's not coming. He's found a home in Snyder's offense and it's highly likely he'll hang up his jersey in SLC. Cast your eyes on another pg.
    Isn't it his contract year this year? I don't think Utah is going to offer him too big of a contract. Maybe we can swoop in and sign him next year. Anybody know our cap situation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes horrible on D, meh at best at offense.
    lma and dd play well together, lma missed a lot of open, his comfort zone, shots
    we need a pg with defense, at least white will be back
    Last edited by marinoman; 10-17-2018 at 11:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't it his contract year this year? I don't think Utah is going to offer him too big of a contract. Maybe we can swoop in and sign him next year. Anybody know our cap situation?
    What about our Dejounte Murray in 2019-2020 situation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay with a solid 18 points in 23 minutes.
    He played with a lot of intensity and toughness, which I really liked. But I do not want him getting isos in crunch time. He bricked a couple of wide open shots late and then took a couple of those 18-foot turnaround jumpers. DeMar is a finisher who will consistently get buckets and/or fouls, much like prime Manu. He should always be our go-to finisher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the Game Thoughts! I agree on most things, but feel Forbes scoring double digits in his first NBA start was a good sign. I liked the way the team started energy wise and thought Pau did a much better job than credited. He is not going to be a big scorer but he can distribute and assist, as well as rebound. Our bigs definitely out did them. LMA, DeRozan, and Rudy are the new trio that has a lot of potential. I'm back to thinking 50 wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the Game Thoughts! I agree on most things, but feel Forbes scoring double digits in his first NBA start was a good sign. I liked the way the team started energy wise and thought Pau did a much better job than credited. He is not going to be a big scorer but he can distribute and assist, as well as rebound. Our bigs definitely out did them. LMA, DeRozan, and Rudy are the new trio that has a lot of potential. I'm back to thinking 50 wins.
    To my eyes, Bryn looked much improved over last season. I hope his strong start tonight will be a spring board to a good season. And I agree with your assessment of Pau, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about our Dejounte Murray in 2019-2020 situation?
    It's going to take him a while to get healthy again and to trust his knee fully. I think it's going to take him most of next year as well for his game to come around. I rather he come around slowly and start from the bench with Rubio as the starter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cunningham was awful. So much for a legit 3&D back SF . . . Q-Pon time?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw him holding his hip and didn’t see him return the rest of the night .
    Let's hope he returns before the playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's timvp please??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the write up.

One critique, you said " ing" too much. A well placed " ing" can add emphasis but using it gratuitously is distracting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good work, Cry Havoc

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes better not be the reason for gays injury he sucks already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for keeping the site running all these years duder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is a pleasant surprise. I don’t think we’ve had a pure scorer like for a long time. He’s a very reliable scorer. Gay is fearless and LMA is a beast. I like Forbes/Bertran shooting the rock

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great performances by

DD
    Aldrige
    Gay
    Bertans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree damn near 100% with the thread staters assessment. I feared our guys would blow the game towards the end when the T-Wolves cut down the lead but they held on due to strong play by DeMar and Aldridge at the end.

It was strange to see the T-Wolves letting Derrick Rose take the last shot for them. I understand that Forbes guarding him is a mismatch but he isn’t the MVP Rose anymore and it wasn’t even a drawn up play to help him get an easier look. Thibs is toast after this season in Minnesota I believe

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is a pleasant surprise. I don’t think we’ve had a pure scorer like for a long time. He’s a very reliable scorer. Gay is fearless and LMA is a beast. I like Forbes/Bertran shooting the rock
    Demar was impressive except that there were a couple of shots he made that were totally off the mark.

Demar is really the only guy who can attack the rim and kick it out to shooters. Gay can attack the rim but doesn't have the athleticism to kick it out.

Cunningham had a very disappointing game. He was playing like he was a rookie! Perhaps they should play Metu instead. At least Metu knows how to pass!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the review. I missed the humor in your threads (you used to use player pictures too)... but hey It’s Christmas right?

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge played 41 minutes....Not good, hope he doesn't have to do this on nightly basis
    Have you seen the rest of this roster? He'll absolutely have to. The days of treating the roster with kid gloves are over.

Thread Information