Post Count
    #5 overall defense (312.5 ypg)

Here are some other defensive stats I found on the Broncos forum:

#9 passing defense (218.4 ypg)
    #10 rushing defense (98.3 ypg)
    #1 in sacks!!! (31 total)
    #9 in tackles
    #5 in interceptions (10 total)

You add that in with having Peyton Manning as your QB and holy ! Denver started out 2-3 due to the D not showing up in the first 3 quarters and Manning and his teammates developing chemistry for that complex O. The season turned around in the 2nd half on that MNF at San Diego down 24-0. Denver also dodged a bullet today with Dumervil's shoulder only being a strain making him MAYBE miss a game.

Thoughts?

Veteran
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Which is why I laid $50 on them mid season to win the superbowl.

Most complete team in the league IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    I've been watching them since I was a little kid. We had a lot of ups and downs prior to winning a couple Super Bowls in the late 90's but since Elway retired, it's been primarily downs. I don't see them being completely elite yet and think they'd still lose in an Afc championship against a texans or pats, but next season might be there's for the taking as long as manning stays healthy.

I also think that Von Miller is arguably the best defensive player in the league.

Also, Bvante said earlier in the season that the broncos weren't for real....another solid take from him.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    They still fumble too much and the run game is still underwhelming most of the time. But Peyton and a top tier defense is gonna rattle a few team's cages, imho.

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    This is the best Broncos defense since Al Wilson's career ender..

The Broncos' D was ty on paper going into the season and following the first few games..Del Rio has had a massive impact, in addition to plugging in Derek Wolfe and Tony Carter..also, DJ Williams hasn't even played a game yet, and he's a massive upgrade over Brooking and Mays..

It also helps when you have the best kicker/punter tandem in the NFL..

Also, John Fox has been handcuffed, which is a genius move..Manning taking care of the offense, Del Rio taking care of the defense..

As dirk said, I'm worried about the run game, McGahee is ass..

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    These issues Denver has with fumbling (Willis) can/need to be corrected. Don't get me wrong, that is something that could cost them in the playoffs, but this is a dangerous team. Like HH said, handcuffing Fox was genius. This is is beyond Peyton Manning, but we are all seeing the impact #18 is having on this team. I think they are good enough THIS season to win the AFC.

This is the best Broncos defense since Al Wilson's career ender..

The Broncos' D was ty on paper going into the season and following the first few games..Del Rio has had a massive impact, in addition to plugging in Derek Wolfe and Tony Carter..also, DJ Williams hasn't even played a game yet, and he's a massive upgrade over Brooking and Mays..

It also helps when you have the best kicker/punter tandem in the NFL..

Also, John Fox has been handcuffed, which is a genius move..Manning taking care of the offense, Del Rio taking care of the defense..

As dirk said, I'm worried about the run game, McGahee is ass..
    Joe Mays got benched week 2 and has been on the IR for a few weeks. DJ Williams is big upgrade over Brooking,he sucks so bad and DJ is great at run-stopping(which doomed us against Texans and Patriots) and blitzing. But only thing keeping them from Super Bowl is McGahee fumbling the ball every ing game.

Thread Information